What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Made in India commercial vehicles at the Auto Expo …

Tata Motors
2a9pjx4.jpg

29kwh76.jpg

Ashok Leyland
292l35k.jpg

jacmeq.jpg

Eicher
2whqd77.jpg

Scania India
kb90jq.jpg

cc: Nickatnite, on pakwheels.com

india's got the money plus market. You guys have a very big middle class segment of society. Good going actually. Nice vehicles.

Mahindra KOMODO concept SUV

1209817d1392877051t-mahindra-komodo-concept-suv-mahindra-komodo85.jpg

1209818d1392877051t-mahindra-komodo-concept-suv-mahindra-komodo95.jpg

1209819d1392877051-mahindra-komodo-concept-suv-mahindra-komodo105.jpg

1209820d1392877051-mahindra-komodo-concept-suv-mahindra-komodo115.jpg

1209822d1392877051-mahindra-komodo-concept-suv-mahindra-komodo15.jpg

The Komodo is the work of aspiring Indian designer and IED Torino graduate, Makrand Patil.
"What I present is an SUV built for the Indian Market. The user could be anyone from a young to a mid-age individual who is in his own business or could just be a son, a family guy to a sport enthusiast."

"The built of the car is big, strong, rugged and luxurious at the same time. Perfect for the Indian terrain. The vehicle can be used anywhere form silky smooth highways to steep gradients, big drops and deep water. Focusing more on its off-roading abilities, a true 4x4 vehicle that a whole family can enjoy."

"This SUV has been designed considering most of the brand attributes of Mahindra. The brand sets a benchmark of Capability, Authenticity in design and function. It specializes in Durability and Reliability for the Indian market having a justified evolution."

"My dream was to combine the authentic Mahindra DNA with its more evolved ones and make the Ultimate Mahindra. The Mahindra KOMODO."

Niceeeeeeeeeeee

Daimler lays foundation stone for bus plant

Company to invest Rs 425 cr in the new unit, which is expected to be completed by Q2 of 2015

daimler.jpg

German automobile maker Daimler today laid the foundation stone for a bus manufacturing facility at Oragadam, near Chennai. The company plans to invest Rs 425 crore in the new facility.

Wolfgang Bernhard, Daimler AG Board member responsible for Daimler Trucks & Buses said, "On the basis of our strong truck business, we are now pressing ahead in the Indian bus market."

The new plant is expected to be completed by second quarter of 2015.

Spread over in 27.91 acres in the existing Daimler facility, the new bus plant will make and assemble buses under the Mercedes-Benz and BharatBenz brands.

The buses will be offered in 9t, 16t and 16t categories in both front and rear engine configurations.

Initial capacity of the plant is 1,500 units and can be expanded to 4,000 units later.

Daimler India has partnered with Wrightbus, a leading global player in bus body building for its front-engined buses. The new bus body facility will be part of the new bus plant.

The existing and upcoming dealership network of DiCV, which caters to BharatBenz trucks will also cater to Daimler Bus business.

Daimler lays foundation stone for bus plant | Business Standard

The Mahindra Mine Protected Vehicle - I (A JV Between Mahindra & Mahindra and BAE System).

1510566_703149913081795_8850326662644021019_n.jpg

81zgXSC.jpg

mineprotectionvehicle2.jpg

The MPV offers armored protection to its crew and passengers against ballistic and land mine threats. It has been tested to protect against 7.62x51mm NATO, 7.62x39mm Soviet and 5.56x45mm NATO rounds from a 10m distance. It can withstand 21 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under any wheel, and 14 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under the crew compartment.

It can carry up to 18 security and paramilitary personnel with full equipment including the crew.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom