What's new

Love Your Watan

Yea mostly in Jammu and in Indian Occupied Kashmir, also some are in India's side of Punjab...but most of India's side of Punjab is Jatt not Gojar. Pakistan's side of Punjab and Azad Kashmir has much larger Gojar population. We make up more than 20% of Pakistan's total population, we are more in number than some major ethnic groups of Pakistan like Sindhi and Baloch.

gujjars are in almost the entire portion of western india...from rajashtan to punjab to kashmir(ahem)...to haryana to delhi...many are muslim..but most are hindu.

gujjars are in almost the entire portion of western india...from rajashtan to punjab to kashmir(ahem)...to haryana to delhi...many are muslim..but most are hindu.

Gojars are a semi-nomadic tribe, their origins are debated. The ones in Pakistan are almost all Muslims and are very influential in Pakistani society. We make up more than 20% of Pakistan's total population and we are in every walks of life in Pakistan. The person who came up with the name of our country, Pakistan, was Gojar, Chaudhry Rahmat Ali. The Gojars in Pakistan are mostly in Punjab and Azad Kashmir.

In India Gojars are not even 1% of India's total population. The ones in Indian Occupied Kashmir are all Muslim Gojars. The ones in Indian Occupied Jammu are Muslim and Hindu Gojars. Most Gojars of India are from Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir. I'm not saying that theres no Gojars in other parts of India, but most of Gojars of India are in Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir.

There's also some in Indian side of Punjab, Western India, etc they are mostly Hindu Gojars and some Sikh Gojars but most of Indian Gojars are up north. Just like there's some Gojars in NWFP, Pakistan and Sindh, Pakistan as well, but in Pakistan almost all Gojars are Muslim and we are a very large population in Pakistan (we are more in number than Sindhis and Balochis combined).

P.S. Even the Gojar tribe is divided further into subtribes, but the subtribe my family belongs to are same as Gojars from the North in Azad Kashmir and Indian Occupied Kashmir, my ancestral village is the most northern part of Punjab (Pakistan's side) and near our village is Azad Kashmir.

Last edited:

Lab pe aati hai dua banke tamanna meri
Zindagi shama ki surat ho khudaya meri

Door duniya ka mere dam andhera no jaaye
Har jagah mere chamakane se ujaala ho jaaye

Ho mere dam se yoon hi mere watan ki zeenat
Jis tarah phool se hoti hai chaman ki zeenat

Zindagi ho meri parwaane ki surat ya rab
Ilm ki shama se ho mujhko mohabbat ya rab

Ho mera kaam garibon ki himaayat karna
Dard-mandon se zaiifon se mohabbat karna

Mere allaah buraai se bachaanaa mujhko
Nek jo raah ho us raah pe chalaanaa mujhko

ENGLISH TRANSLATION

My longing comes to my lips as supplication of mine O God!
May like the candle be the life of mine!

May the world's darkness disappear through the life of mine!
May every place light up with the sparkling light of mine!

May my homeland through me attain elegance
As the garden through flowers attains elegance

May my life like that of the moth be, O Lord!
May I love the lamp of knowledge, O Lord!

May supportive of the poor my life's way be
May loving the old, the suffering my way be

O God! Protect me from the evil ways
Show me the path leading to the good ways

Ameen!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this one,

"Love your own country,
Stay in your own country,
Don't try to jump your *** into others country,
And dont support the enemy of your neighbour,
The neighbour who still feed your people,
who have your people protected,
If you do it,
Than we'll **** you once more,
Because Pakistan is gonna live on,
But you and your 'friend' might not..."

Stop interferring with Pakistan...

KIT Over n Out. ALWAYS LIVE :pakistan:

@Omar
Since you are a Gujjari, can you tell me a bit more about the appearances, language and culture of Gujjari's? The reason I am asking this is because just yesterday I saw a very interesting article about Gujjari's, but unfortunately forgot which site it was. It said that after a 'research', it is believed that Gujjari's make up about 30% of Afghan population and they are mainly based in Nangarhar and Ghazni provinces. The reason why many people didn't know that is because Gujjari's are believed to adapt Pashtun culture and language now, and therefore many of them themselves don't know they are Gujjari's originally. It's a surprise for me because a got quiet some Ghaznavi relatives and I am also partly Nangarhari so even I might be partly Gujjari. :)

@Omar
Since you are a Gujjari, can you tell a bit more about the appearances, language and culture of Gujjari's? The reason I am asking this is because just yesterday I saw a very interesting article about Gujjari's, but unfortunately forgot which site it was. It said that after a 'research', it is believed that Gujjari's make up about 30% of Afghan population and they are mainly based in Nangarhar and Ghazni province. The reason why many people didn't know that is because Gujjari's are believed to adapt Pashtun culture and language now, and therefore many of them themselves don't know they are Gujjari's originally. It a surprise for me because I am also partly Nangarhari so even I might be partly Gujjari. :)

@Omar
Since you are a Gujjari, can you tell a bit more about the appearances, language and culture of Gujjari's? The reason I am asking this is because just yesterday I saw a very interesting article about Gujjari's, but unfortunately forgot which site it was. It said that after a 'research', it is believed that Gujjari's make up about 30% of Afghan population and they are mainly based in Nangarhar and Ghazni province. The reason why many people didn't know that is because Gujjari's are believed to adapt Pashtun culture and language now, and therefore many of them themselves don't know they are Gujjari's originally. It a surprise for me because I am also partly Nangarhari so even I might be partly Gujjari. :)

First of all we dont like being called Gujjaris :lol:

In Pakistan, we are often called Chaudhry Saab just like many Pakhtuns are called Khan Saab.

Most of us are from Punjab region of Pakistan, so the ones in Punjab follow Punjabi culture and talk in Punjabi and Pahari(many have adopted Urdu), the ones in Azad Kashmir and Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir follow Kashmiri culture and they speak Pahari and Kashmiri, the ones in NWFP and FATA follow Pakhtun culture and they speak Pashto, Hindko, Pahari, some also speak Punjabi, and Urdu.

Our appearance is that we come in all different colors, sizes, and shapes. The ones in Pakistan are very patriotic Pakistanis and look Pakistani.

Here are some Gojars of Pakistan:

Choudhary Rahmat Ali Gujjar was an Pakistani Muslim nationalist who was one of the earliest proponents of the creation of the state of Pakistan. He is credited with creating the name "Pakistan" for a separate Muslim homeland on the South Asia.

Fazal Ilahi Chaudhry was President of Pakistan from August 14, 1973 until his resignation on September 16, 1978.

Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao (born August 20, 1944) is the head of Pakistan Peoples Party (Sherpao) and was the Federal Interior Minister in the cabinet of Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz. Prior to this assignment he was working as the Federal Minister for Water and Power (WAPDA), Minister for Kashmir Affairs and Northern Areas and States & Frontier Regions (KANA & SAFRON) and Minister for Interprovincial Coordination.

Chaudhry Amir Hussain is a Pakistani politician. He was the 17th Speaker of National Assembly of Pakistan, serving from 2002 to 2008.

MPA Maiza Hameed Gujjar

We are doing well in Pakistan. Although in the past, there was much obsession over tribes..today we are Pakistanis first and very patriotic Pakistanis.

:pakistan:

Last edited:
^ Amongst Gujjar people (don't know how to say it otherwise) there are also Khan's? I really thought only Khan's in Pak were Pashtuns.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Amongst Gujjar people (don't know how to say it otherwise) there are also Khan's? I really thought only Khan's in Pak were Pashtuns.

Many non-Pashtuns also have Khan as their surnames especially the non-Pashtuns living in NWFP. The Hazarawals (not to be confused with Hazaras of Afghanistan, the Hazarawals of Pakistan are hindko speaking) also call themselves Khans. Many Kashmiris also have Khan as part of their surnames.

Aftab Ahmad Khan Sherpao is a Gujjar from NWFP. There's also a large community of Gujjars in NWFP but most Gujjars in Pakistan are from Punjab and Azad Kashmir.

Lets get back to posting videos of our watan..there's too much talk about Gujjars in this thread :lol:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom