What's new

Lost city of Mahendraparvata discovered in Cambodian jungle by team of Aust

Its a bit too late to be prudish when you have already been bold enough to declare....

"What do you mean "your Ganga Mata"?? Ganga is just a river in my books" AND

"I am an atheist and never had a belief since my young age but think of Hinduism as a culture and feel I belong to this culture."

No one asked you if "ganaga was Mata in your book" or if "Muhammed was a pedo....." in your book..... neither did anyone asked you what your religion or lack of it was but you said it anyway and also added (without being asked) that you think of Hinduism as a culture. You have already shown that least one of your parents where/is Hindu. Its only logical to ask if your parents where practicing hindus and if they had imparted any Hindu education to you considering your above statements. Subtleties is the last thing one would expect from you :coffee:

On a secondary note its is interesting to note that whenever I ask this question to a muslim or a christian, the answers is "Of course I am a Muslim" or " I am a christian and we belong to syrian christian or whatever sect " ........Its only Hindus who hesitate to answer that they are Hindus .....but they love to declare they are 'atheist' as if that somehow makes them special :lol:

If its any help, you can keep your parents pictures off the net and dont have to name them ......you know ....to preserver their anonymity :azn:

My My - looks like someone is trying to pull some soft blasphemous BS. That is the problem with your kind - you assume that Hindus across have the same kind of beliefs. Go ask a South Indian Hindu especially the one from TN - he would say Southern Triveni Sangamam is important for him rather than Ganges. For example, Kumbhmela for a South Indian Hindu is a distant phenomenon. Does that make him any less hindu? maybe in your books, don't you?? As for atheism in hinduism, it is a well accepted concept which defines this religion and the freedom it offers unlike many other religions is what makes it attractive. Go look up Savarkar if you are a hindu right wing guy - He is a perfect example of an Hindu atheist.

Ganga/Yamuna are always important for a hindu and every temple/sthalam is equally important,neither more nor less than anything else.

Thinking my neighbourhood pond is cooler than the river in Punjab is just regional emotions,nothing wrong but just that.

Ganga/Yamuna are always important for a hindu and every temple/sthalam is equally important,neither more nor less than anything else.

Thinking my neighbourhood pond is cooler than the river in Punjab is just regional emotions,nothing wrong but just that.

Are you Mrs. bronxbull?? - If so, ithu onrum regional unarvugal illai. ellarum inthu puraana kathaigal kettu valarthavarkalthaan. kangai, ariduvar aagiyavaigalai kettu valarthavarkalthaan. But avaigal tholaithooram irupathaalum, ingulla sthalangalai paarka mudinthathaalum, intha isthalangal ull manathil aazha pathintu vidum. for example, enn thanthaiyin astiyaiyum, ammavin asthiyaiyum Bhavaniyil karaithoom - so Bhavani manathalaivil important. avalavuthaan.

Can anyone explain how did they figure out its Mahendra Parbata. Mahendra Parbata has good significance in our religious history..

My My - looks like someone is trying to pull some soft blasphemous BS. That is the problem with your kind - you assume that Hindus across have the same kind of beliefs. Go ask a South Indian Hindu especially the one from TN - he would say Southern Triveni Sangamam is important for him rather than Ganges. For example, Kumbhmela for a South Indian Hindu is a distant phenomenon. Does that make him any less hindu? maybe in your books, don't you?? As for atheism in hinduism, it is a well accepted concept which defines this religion and the freedom it offers unlike many other religions is what makes it attractive. Go look up Savarkar if you are a hindu right wing guy - He is a perfect example of an Hindu atheist.

I AM a south Indian Hindu u dumb fcuk ! .....and Ganga is pretty important for every Hindu....north or south, so is Saraswati.

The whole legend of Triveni Sangam comes from the mythological meeting place of Ganga, Yamuna & Saraswati. Its clear you dont know jack $hit of hinduism which brings me back to my original question .......where both your parents practicing Hindus ?

Now that I know you'r Tamil, your lack of Hindu knowledge makes more sense. Its one of the blowback of the Tamil Brahmin witch hunt that took place in TN. You have practically killed your only source of Hindu knowledge, you dont know Hindi to refer to North Indian Brahmins, you don't know Sanskrit to read any originals, and you grown up in an religious vacuum and substitute lack of knowledge with imagination to cook up your personal concept of Hinduism with help of christian western translation of Hindu scriptures, refer wikipedia and cover your ignorance by calling yourself Atheist.

BTW a LOT of south Indians go to Kumbh Mela ...I myself have been to more than one, and so have my family including my parents.

...and why should only 'hindu right wing guy' look up Savarkar ? :lol: ...any patriotic Indian should look up and look up to Veer Savarkar. (refer a good hindi dictionary to know what veer mean)

I AM a south Indian Hindu u dumb fcuk ! .....and Ganga is pretty important for every Hindu....north or south, so is Saraswati.

The whole legend of Triveni Sangam comes from the mythological meeting place of Ganga, Yamuna & Saraswati. Its clear you dont know jack $hit of hinduism which brings me back to my original question .......where both your parents practicing Hindus ?

Now that I know you'r Tamil, your lack of Hindu knowledge makes more sense. Its one of the blowback of the Tamil Brahmin witch hunt that took place in TN. You have practically killed your only source of Hindu knowledge, you dont know Hindi to refer to North Indian Brahmins, you don't know Sanskrit to read any originals, and you grown up in an religious vacuum and substitute lack of knowledge with imagination to cook up your personal concept of Hinduism with help of christian western translation of Hindu scriptures, refer wikipedia and cover your ignorance by calling yourself Atheist.

BTW a LOT of south Indians go to Kumbh Mela ...I myself have been to more than one, and so have my family including my parents.

...and why should only 'hindu right wing guy' look up Savarkar ? :lol: ...any patriotic Indian should look up and look up to Veer Savarkar. (refer a good hindi dictionary to know what veer mean)

Not sure why I bothered to respond to you in the first place knowing fully well your demeaning responses to other senior members here in the forum. Now buzz off. And keep your sickish attitude away from my posts. But I know you wouldn't - so why bother - placed you in the ignore list. :angel:

Not sure why I bothered to respond to you in the first place knowing fully well your demeaning responses to other senior members here in the forum. Now buzz off. And keep your sickish attitude away from my posts. But I know you wouldn't - so why bother - placed you in the ignore list. :angel:

:lol: ..... you dint take the bait.

My posts are designed to provoke people to think for themselves rather than swallow blindly accepted 'facts' ........ most people cant see beyond their hurt egos and comfort zone.

I know you are coming back to India this week....so dont feel too bad about this. :D

Back
Top Bottom