What's new

Lost 3 crore, I need help

Yes that has to necessary.
And dot it with CI staf police they handle these type of issues or you will go to FIA that will be even better if they take up the case and we might get this news posted in Dawn and discuss it here when solved.

Punjab police ka bara karnama Juway ka adoon par raid.

Or if you have someone in the top secret agency.. one day visit to a safe house will do wonders..

Bhai it is very simple Launch a FIR of act 420 against the gamblers contact a good lawyer that has some sence not an idot that will ruin the FIR. Every case registered is compulsory for Police to solve. You will not get whole but a big fraction of your money secondly if there is some political danda behind you might get more than you have lost. you just need to make a right approach. Rest I cannot explain on an open forum but move the case and you will get some where.
I have registered a 302, Section X and other sections againt some one and it's been about 2 years and not even close to the case being solved. I have not stayed quite and I have been very active in my approach (sensible approach). Even if the person get caught, which is unlikely as they have gone abroad and I suspect their names are not in the ECL because the names are surely not in the InterPol. For now I will leave it at this as I don't want to go into detail.

His uncle is going commit suicide, then disappear to somewhere probably in dubai under new name.
fcuk your uncle telim to sell his kidneys.

Bro do you know how shady some of these behgarat back home people are. I know so much stories.
Ask any person from azad kashmir, what happens as soon as you trust them with your property. They will break the lock steal all valuables including spoons on the first day you go back england.
They are filled with jealousy and envy even though the average brit pak is worse off doing 9 to 5 sucker job with nothing to show for it.

Yet murder cases are taking upto 10 years...
I'm not talking about some random force, i'm talking about CIA Lahore. I've had my fair share of talks with the IG, SP, SSP, SHO and every other rank and they are all incompetent. Where's my justice?

What happened?

My father and I live in the U.S and we have a lot of property in Pakistan in which we sell and buy to make money. We cannot make constant trips, so my father's handler for this business is his brother who my father trusted really well and we had bought/sold many properties through him.

We sold a plot worth around 3 crore (around 260,000 dollars) and the check/cash was given to my uncle in his name by the buyer. My uncle lost all of the money within a span of 15-20 days to gambling inflicting a large financial and emotional blow to the family.

There is little that we can do against the gambling mafia as they are dangerous and have lots of influence and connections, taking any action against them can threaten your life and the life of your family members.

Is there anything that can be done to recover this money through legal methods considering that gambling is illegal in Pakistan? I know it's pretty hopeless at this point, but are there any options?

My uncle was near to committing suicide and we would not like to press any legal actions against him. If it's possible, legal action should be directed towards the gamblers instead.

You need to verify the fact that money indeed was lost by your uncle claiming he gambled it away.

If you believe him then you either have to accept whatever way he says he is going to pay you back or file civil suit to recover.

Your other option is to file criminal complaint which may empower the state to check all his bank account.

The reality is I have seen extreme case where family members defrauded each other by the millions of dollars in Dhaka.

This is why I don’t trust anyone in Pakistan like I would happily pay £500 odd just to travel there myself and get my own business done than trust someone else because you just don’t know when they might turn out to be corrupt.

Foreign Pakistanis trust their Families/friends too much over there with money and that is wreckless. They won’t appreciate your hard earned work because it’s easy pocket for them.

This is why I don’t trust anyone in Pakistan like I would happily pay £500 odd just to travel there myself and get my own business done than trust someone else because you just don’t know when they might turn out to be corrupt.

Foreign Pakistanis trust their Families/friends too much over there with money and that is wreckless. They won’t appreciate your hard earned money because it’s easy pocket for them.
Business and family should be kept separate for one.
And defiantly spending a few 100 on the ticket on such a large investment.

Foreign Pakistanis trust their Families/friends too much over there with money and that is wreckless. They won’t appreciate your hard earned work because it’s easy pocket for them.

Actually they think that people earn easy money abroad.. and if they steal some money, it will not affect much.. and the guy will again earn it abroad in a few months..

We checked the account and noticed deposits, only around 18 lakh is left.

Even if we were to hypothetically lodge a case against him, how would we get the money? He has no means to provide it.
He could have other accounts. He could also have invested elsewhere. A police investigation can trace the funds, find the documents or follow the money trail.

Sorry to hear about ur loss

I don't think u can get that money back legally bcuz most likely that gambling mob bribes the cops and other officials to turn a blind eye to them. In order to go after them u would have to pay bribes and what not. If somehow there was action taken against the gamblers by the law enforcement, they would seize the money. It would probably go to the government since there are likely no records kept by the gamblers about how much money they got from whom.

I'm assuming u and ur dad didn't know of ur uncle's gambling habit...consider this a very expensive lesson not to trust anyone but urself when it comes to money. In the event of such a loss it can be hard not to think about it and feel a bit sad over it but try to remain positive. U r still better off than a lot of ppl and there's plenty of life ahead where u can make more money through more hard work. I wish u and ur family the best of luck and I hope ur uncle recovers from his gambling habit.

I am sorry to hear that

I don't think you can do anything about it. If your Uncle is saying truth, I hope you will forgive him and make sure he never goes for gambling again. You will get a great reward from Allah if you have the courage to forgive him
Man may forgive the murderer of his father, but not the loss of patrimony - Socrates

Holy goddamn. 260K lost for gambling? thats just beyond any human can ever do. you must give your uncle a medal for that.
No offence to Talwar bhai but I agree with Somebozo and Haman, hell people don't waste this much amount of money even in Vegas, again I am sorry to say that but your uncle seems to have conned you big time.

If that was a cheque, then go to the branch where it has been enchased, one doesn’t get cash for such a huge amount of money. I bet your uncle has distributed that money to different accounts, it will not be that hard to track if you get a bank statement.
^^^This

When there are two parties knowingly and willingly involved in an illegal activity, on what grounds can you take a legal action against one party (which is not related to you) while leaving out the other party (which is directly related to you) which is guilty of double crime, illegal gambling and using/misusing someone else's money without their permission in an illegal activity and losing it all.

the only person you can sue is your uncle who owes you money, then its up to the court to go one step further and apprehend all criminals.

my two cents.

My father and I live in the U.S and we have a lot of property in Pakistan in which we sell and buy to make money. We cannot make constant trips, so my father's handler for this business is his brother who my father trusted really well and we had bought/sold many properties through him.

We sold a plot worth around 3 crore (around 260,000 dollars) and the check/cash was given to my uncle in his name by the buyer. My uncle lost all of the money within a span of 15-20 days to gambling inflicting a large financial and emotional blow to the family.

There is little that we can do against the gambling mafia as they are dangerous and have lots of influence and connections, taking any action against them can threaten your life and the life of your family members.

Is there anything that can be done to recover this money through legal methods considering that gambling is illegal in Pakistan? I know it's pretty hopeless at this point, but are there any options?

My uncle was near to committing suicide and we would not like to press any legal actions against him. If it's possible, legal action should be directed towards the gamblers instead.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom