What's new

Loot sale : Entire Karachi Port leased to Abu Dhabi for 50 years for $50 million dollars. Chief economist general asim munir

I am just contemplating..suppose if There is a Hindu Sindhi immigrant to UAE who gets to head some important Post at Karachi port...

It will be a full circle of history..

But albeit . Its due to the absence of a strong Communist/Labour lobby in Pakistan .

After Rawalpindi conspiracy case in 1951 leftists were weeded out..

But you need Leftists for these kinds of works..

1- We can't even run a port ourselves? Engro? Habib group? Lucky group? Tata group in India can diversify into everything, but except Engro, all other Pakistani groups are still stuck in the 80's with textile and low value items.

2- Why would UAE develop a Pakistani port? What incentive does it have to do that?
1. Because everyone else is still the mota seth mentality and generational overly cautious baniyas which have real baniyas going “That’s extreme!”

2. Exactly! Why would you develop a competitor? UAE tried to sabotage Pakistani port development (somewhat successfully) during the early 2000s - why would they want anything different

Please remove me from the tag list.

For the foreseeable future I will no longer be commenting on Pakistan's political situation.
Smart - I should put that in my signature too

When did they get into housing?

In Karachi?

We really need to do something about housing schemes.

Near my village (@Hyde would know), a new motorway got constructed and then all around it we are seeing mushroom growth already of these sketchy housing schemes. GT road is already now filled with them.

Why does a big group like them need to get into housing?

Take some inspiration from Tata ffs.
One of the first things IK did after coming to power was to stop rezoning of Agri lands into non-Agri functions. It was a huge issues for many interests. One of the nails in his coffin.

I am just contemplating..suppose if There is a Hindu Sindhi immigrant to UAE who gets to head some important Post at Karachi port...

It will be a full circle of history..

But albeit . Its due to the absence of a strong Communist/Labour lobby in Pakistan .

After Rawalpindi conspiracy case in 1951 leftists were weeded out..

But you need Leftists for these kinds of works..
Leftists continued getting purged till Zia's era. Btw I am no leftist.

Seriously how is Karachi/Gwadar a rival to Dubai ? Anything from Central Asia will have to be shipped from Pakistani or Iranian port. This deal does not change that.
The rivalry begins with the notion that Dubai port has always been positioned as the regional port (similar to the airport model). Hub and spoke. All goods come to DXB and then get rerouted to other regional ports on smaller vessels. Either that or to ports that are DP controlled.

So any other port that potentially becomes regional in nature and not under DP management becomes a challenge. It is that simple. DP however is professionally run and I am hoping that this will improve infrastructure and volume. Financial mechanics of deal are still something I feel are a bit shady. Note: this deal was a non-competitive deal.

The amount they’re saying they’ll pay is probably 50% of the real amount. The other 50% goes to Zardari, Sharif and Asim Munir, paid into their Swiss accounts.

1- We can't even run a port ourselves? Engro? Habib group? Lucky group? Tata group in India can diversify into everything, but except Engro, all other Pakistani groups are still stuck in the 80's with textile and low value items.

2- Why would UAE develop a Pakistani port? What incentive does it have to do that?

The UAE has no incentive to develop a Pakistani port. It is an undeniable fact that the UAE has an incentive to disrupt a Pakistani port since Pakistani ports are rival ports. The port at Karachi won't grow nor benefit the city in any shape or form.

The amount they’re saying they’ll pay is probably 50% of the real amount. The other 50% goes to Zardari, Sharif and Asim Munir, paid into their Swiss accounts.
They did not even pay to Pakistan for ptcl...go and search. .it is around 20 years now

The Average Pakistani goes in debt

The business man from UAE gets ports when it come to Profits

This is how stuff has been done in Pakistan

When did they get into housing?

In Karachi?

We really need to do something about housing schemes.

Near my village (@Hyde would know), a new motorway got constructed and then all around it we are seeing mushroom growth already of these sketchy housing schemes. GT road is already now filled with them.

Why does a big group like them need to get into housing?

Take some inspiration from Tata ffs.
Royal Orchard Multan
Royal Orchard Sahiwal
Capital Smart City
Lahore Smart City
Sub contractors of DHA
Partners in DHA-9 Islamabad
Possible Future projects in
Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Peshawar and Karachi. Future projects listed are not listed as per plan of action.
There are too many housing societies being built these days...

Last edited:
1694278366896.png

Back
Top Bottom