What's new

Lockheed Overruns $771 Mln On Early F-35s

If they stop technological innovation they will fall behind.

Technological innovation is good and I agree money should be pumped in. But by a conventional learning curve, cost of production goes down as volumes go up. That doesn't seem to be happening here. The cost just keeps on shooting up.

Oook...a reply to that would entail a detailed description of the US airforce and the technologies in use apart from the conventional weapon and radar systems. But that would be too long for this post. So I'm gonna leave it at that.

Many people have a hard time understanding that a military is far more than guns and bombs, and the unseen stuff often is what wins wars

I'm not saying you are broke :). But there is something called as over stretching the economy. Disbanding the F-35's is hardly gonna leave you defenceless. US jets are still among the best. It's more of an ego battle to say my jet is a generation ahead of others out there. It's a legacy of the cold war way of thinking.

no its an export item..intended to make big monies for USA.

lol

alot of people don't know that ALOT of money goes unaccounted for when it comes to the latest technology...... this is a good excuse to tell us where the money is being spent...

but behind doors we are using this money for other experiments

The majority of Americans know this already

lol

alot of people don't know that ALOT of money goes unaccounted for when it comes to the latest technology...... this is a good excuse to tell us where the money is being spent...

but behind doors we are using this money for other experiments

The majority of Americans know this already

How come John McCain does not know.

Truth is everyone wont argue that the JSF is one hell of an aircraft. But it couldn't find a worst time time to be in. With the state of the world economy and the amount of how high the cost of each plane keeps going. Means that it will not end up profitable to the US.

Many countries now turn down over expensive hardware no matter how good they are just because they are expensive. In Arabia we have a saying "Extend your legs as long as your blanket"

he knows...

heck even my cat knows...

well...

maybe not my cat, but you get the point :) its just something that you will never hear us talk about and we accept it :)

You are saying that Mcain knows it..even your cat tooo...then why is he cribbing?

US technology is better than anyone's. We won't find any better. Not just my opinion, but a fact.

So, what's there to complain about? Maybe they already have a battlecruiser technology capable of firing giant laser beams from space. Maybe Gundams :coffee:

God knows what they have behind closed hangars and secret underground places...

Please please mods I need to troll.. Please once only..

Okay here I go..

Why doesn't US and its allies abandon the F-35 and purchase JF-17 instead :cheesy:

The issue is with TOT. Chinese and Pakistanis won't share the TOT with US. :rofl:

Okay here I go..

Why doesn't US and its allies abandon the F-35 and purchase JF-17 instead :cheesy:

Suuuurrrreeee....

At $15 million a piece, it's an absolute bargain! Compared to the ~$150 million/F-35! Jeez, I didn't expect the Americans and its allies to be that dumb :P

Okay here I go..

I will tel u why .... They(US)already have JF-17 reversed Reverse Engineered its called F22:chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli:

Back
Top Bottom