What's new

Lockheed May Pitch F-35 to Rejoin $11 Billion India Jet Contest

But how to deal with CISMOA and BECA? F-35 will certainly come with "latest stealthy" tech which might not be released to India. They have effectively put the proverbial ball in India's court knowing that India would be seen "accommodating US" this late in competition. We should proceed with MMRCA and buy 40 JSF and put them in SFC. And add the missing sensors/communication equipment ourselves.

I think India and Russia is developing their own 5th gen fighter PAK-FA. No doubt F-35 is one of the best right now. But India really need 5 gen so fast. PAK-FA times frame looks nice as same time China will be ready with its own may be Pakistan will grab some from China. Only disadvantage if India says no to US for F-35.. US might sale it to Pakistan (NOT SURE).

Well Russia are giving it to India for PAK-FA.

France will give us a lot for the Rafale

yes but F35 :bounce: offer is tempting,might only take place when there is some TOT and no operating restrictions but it surely the induction time would have to be somewhere near 2020 considering the US alone has orders for 2000 odd planes

India should do this.

On China border: Rafale, F-35, and Su 30 mki jets

On Pakistan border: FGFA and Su 30mki jets

i highly doubt that,the MOD wants ToT and do u think the US offer ToT for a 5th gen fighter plane

Even Without ToT F35 is lucrative deal for IAF... India should grab this opportunity... Replace Mirag2000H/Jaguar by Rafael (51 M2000 for 80 Rafael) and allot MMRCA tender to F35....

With F35 (Light category), AMCA (Medium category), FGFA (heavy category) India will have one of teh best AF ...

yes but F35 :bounce: offer is tempting,might only take place when there is some TOT and no operating restrictions but it surely the induction time would have to be somewhere near 2020 considering the US alone has orders for 2000 odd planes

If USA wants to be India ally, she has to give what India wants.

India planes that was ordered, saved 20,000 jobs in USA. They need India more then India needs USA.

I think India and Russia is developing their own 5th gen fighter PAK-FA. No doubt F-35 is one of the best right now. But India really need 5 gen so fast. PAK-FA times frame looks nice as same time China will be ready with its own may be Pakistan will grab some from China. Only disadvantage if India says no to US for F-35.. US might sale it to Pakistan (NOT SURE).

F35 for Pakistan may be in 2040:woot:

their affair is 80% over.....so no possibility at all

Even Without ToT F35 is lucrative deal for IAF... India should grab this opportunity... Replace Mirag2000H/Jaguar by Rafael (51 M2000 for 80 Rafael) and allot MMRCA tender to F35....

With F35 (Light category), AMCA (Medium category), FGFA (heavy category) India will have one of teh best AF ...

of course but dont u think the after sales maintainence would be less expensive with TOT

I really doubt that. I don't think they can afford the F-35.

The F-35 won't certainly be for everybody. Pakistan has never been offered to join the F-35 program. However, India was but they rejected it.
http://www./india-rejects-us-f-35-jsf-offer-31733/

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom