What's new

LoC attack: Will do right thing in national interest, Khurshid says

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India

salman-khurshid_48.jpg

NEW DELHI: India on Tuesday said it will weigh all options in the wake of an audacious attack by Pakistani troops that killed five soldiers without creating a situation detrimental to the country's peace and security.

External affairs minister Salman Khurshid said the government is aware of its responsibility and will do the right thing in the interest of the country after factoring in all options.

"We don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. We don't want to create a situation that is detrimental and destructive for India's security and peace. We will do whatever is absolutely necessary in national interest," he said.

He was speaking after inaugurating an exhibition of photographs and prints on "Kashmiri Pandits - A Vintage Album: Contribution to the making of modern India".

Khurshid said the matter was discussed in Parliament and defence minister AK Antony gave his statement based on whatever facts he had.

"He had asked the Army to gather more information on the incident. We have made it clear that we should not be understood weak or we aren't alert. We can face any challenge. What we have to do, government will decide seriously over the incident," he said, adding, "no decision can be taken in a day."

Asked about his opinion on opposition's demand for a befitting reply to Pakistan, Khurshid said he would not take their advice as they don't understand (what national interest is).

"I don't want to behave like the opposition behaves. I wouldn't take their advice. I would do whatever I believe is in national interest. Sadly opposition doesn't understand, but we know what national interest is, we know our duty and obligation and we will fulfil it, I can assure you," he said.

"I feel the concern and the pain and I feel the responsibility because we are in the government,"

Link - LoC attack: Will do right thing in national interest, Khurshid says - The Times of India

This mofo a$$hole is the biggest $hit in out govt cabinet. In one anothe question he said in hindi today that ' Rahul Ji ke Disha-Nirdesh me hum sahi kadam uthayenge'(we'll take right step under the guidance of RahuJi) I just banged my head over that. I don't believe in Pussyies like this and Rajiv Shukla.

Yea yea!! We heard a lot like this for many years.. What is your government going to do Mr. Khurshid? Stop playing cricket against Pakistan for another year?

Is there any dignity left with your government?

and the so called absolutely necessary thing is- keeping mum..:coffee:

National interest interprets:
Protecting politicians from CBI inquiry

Paying respect to ISI assets in dubai, that have entire havala records of monetary transaction of distinguished leaders

protecting mining/construction/hawala/land mafia assets of state leaders

Providing christmas vacation to convicted italian soldiers

offering electricity and locomotives to friendly neighbors

smear campaign against every leader who wants to do anything for the people

browbeating peaceful demonstrations to oblivion in the capital of democracy

.... sorry for the off topic post but the topic at hand is kind of off-topic for our "national interest"

This mother seller will go n sell his mother for vote bank.... These Khangress one by one in all fronts selling the country...... those who still vote for them must be treated as traitors of this country.......

I heard that his father Manmohan "BURFI" would be meeting nawaz sharif next month and 26/11 would not be in agenda?

"He had asked the Army to gather more information on the incident. We have made it clear that we should not be understood weak or we aren't alert. We can face any challenge. What we have to do, government will decide seriously over the incident," he said, adding, "no decision can be taken in a day."
is). [/B]

This line is a joke!

Lol,funny both indians and pakistanis aren't happy with people related to their respective defence ministry
so what do we guys want? :D we are fanatics -- just telling you we guys panic as well,when a soldier on our side is killed by your troops...

As far as what is stated by Kurshid, it sounds reasonably solid.
What they end up doing about it , we very rarely would get to know.

What the BJP is doing is jingo based politics capitalizing on the disenchantment wrt Congress.I hope BJP sits with congress to fastrack a good national security bill.

lol.. India believe Pakistan consider it weak!

Looks like... India need more transit aid.

"We don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water. We don't want to create a situation that is detrimental and destructive for India's security and peace. We will do whatever is absolutely necessary in national interest," he said.

Asked about his opinion on opposition's demand for a befitting reply to Pakistan, Khurshid said he would not take their advice as they don't understand (what national interest is).

"I don't want to behave like the opposition behaves. I wouldn't take their advice. I would do whatever I believe is in national interest. Sadly opposition doesn't understand, but we know what national interest is, we know our duty and obligation and we will fulfil it, I can assure you," he said.

Link - LoC attack: Will do right thing in national interest, Khurshid says - The Times of India
These idiots doent even have the right to talk about national interest. Where the hell is Manmohan Singh!!?? Not a single word of condemnation!! Is he even a sardar??? Yuck thu. And we have made it amply clear on every occasion with out missing any chance that we are already weak and spineless with a disastrous foreign policy! I'm still unable to come to terms that not even a single word of condemnation came from MMS or PMO. Shame on them. Last time when Indian soldiers were beheaded, after one week, the great MMS came down "heavily" against pakistan and said there cannot be business asusual with pakistan until those involved were brought to justice.[LINK] And now what happened? Why is he itching for talks with Nawaz Sharif in the US? Why has it suddenly become "business asusual"?? Did 26/11 perpetrators get punished? Did pak stop ceasefire violation? What?? What has changed so much that MMS is bending backwards despite pak's provocation??

Mr Khurshid, you and your entire government can take your version of 'national interests' and shove it far up where the sun don't shine because it sure ain't what logic dictates.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom