Literacy rate in Bangladesh now 76.8pc

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Literacy rate in Bangladesh now 76.8pc​

Staff Corresponded | Published: 13:07, Sep 07,2023
https://www.newagebd.net/article/211543/literacy-rate-in-bangladesh-now-768pc

211543_190.jpg

The state minister for primary and mass education, Md Zakir Hossain, addresses a press conference on Thursday. The press conference was held by the primary and mass education ministry at the secretariat in Dhaka marking International Literacy Day on September 8. — New Age photo

The state minister for primary and mass education, Md Zakir Hossain, on Thursday said that the literacy rate in Bangladesh was 76.8 per cent among the population aged seven and above.

‘Still 23.8 per cent people in the country are illiterate. Without turning them literate the expected development of the country is not possible,’ he said at a press conference on the day.

The press conference was held by the primary and mass education ministry at the secretariat marking International Literacy Day on September 8.

The state minister said that as per the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics’ report on Bangladesh Sample Vital Statistics 2022 the literacy rate was 76.8 per cent.

At the press conference the ministry secretary Farid Ahmed was also present.

The literacy rate in Bangladesh was 75.6 per cent in 2022 among people aged 15 years and above as per the Report on Bangladesh Sample Vital Statistics 2020 prepared by the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics.

According to the primary data of the Population and Housing Census 2022 revealed last year by BBS, the literacy rate in the country was 74.66 per cent among those aged seven and above.

Does anybody know the literacy rate in India?

Are you aware that the US now has about the same literacy rate as India? India's literacy rate is 74%.

View attachment 951835

View attachment 951836
That’s cause of the large illegal migrants coming to USA. Plus literacy rates measured differently in different country. I believe in usa who is at least grade 5 graduates is considered literate. What’s measurement criteria in China?

The following is more broad criteria to measure literacy in USA:

The United States Department of Education assesses literacy in the general population through its National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NAAL).[4] The NAAL survey defines three types of literacy:[5]

• Prose: the knowledge and skills needed to search, comprehend, and use continuous texts. Examples include editorials, news stories, brochures, and instructional materials.
  • Document: the knowledge and skills needed to search, comprehend, and use non-continuous texts in various formats. Examples include job applications, payroll forms, transportation schedules, maps, tables, and drug and food labels.
  • Quantitative: the knowledge and skills required to identify and perform computations, either alone or sequentially, using numbers embedded in printed materials. Examples include balancing a checkbook, figuring out tips, completing an order form, or determining an amount.
I don’t think China has that kind of criteria to measure literacy

Last edited:
That’s cause of the large illegal migrants coming to USA. Plus literacy rates measured differently in different country. I believe in usa who is at least grade 5 graduates is considered literate. What’s measurement criteria in China?

China's measure is the completion of nine years of compulsory education. In China, it is an offence to end compulsory education early.

I don't think there are more than 20% of illegal immigrants in the U.S. than the total population, and I don't think illegal immigrants are all illiterate.

I think the decline in literacy is the result of a deliberate manipulation by the ruling clique in the US, which is designed to solidify classes, deny the underclass access to rights, and protect the interests of the ruling clique's offspring. This is in line with Brzezinski's theory of "tittytainment".

Also I don't think the measurement criteria in the US is to reach 6th grade level.

IMG_20230908_104456.jpg

Last edited:
Are you aware that the US now has about the same literacy rate as India? India's literacy rate is 74%.

View attachment 951835

View attachment 951836
From where did you get the 74%?

According to NFHS survey 2019-21 , it was 77% in 2021 itself and might have increased 1-2 % for sure as of now.

The following is more broad criteria to measure literacy in USA:

The United States Department of Education assesses literacy in the general population through its National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NAAL).[4] The NAAL survey defines three types of literacy:[5]

• Prose: the knowledge and skills needed to search, comprehend, and use continuous texts. Examples include editorials, news stories, brochures, and instructional materials.
  • Document: the knowledge and skills needed to search, comprehend, and use non-continuous texts in various formats. Examples include job applications, payroll forms, transportation schedules, maps, tables, and drug and food labels.
  • Quantitative: the knowledge and skills required to identify and perform computations, either alone or sequentially, using numbers embedded in printed materials. Examples include balancing a checkbook, figuring out tips, completing an order form, or determining an amount.
I don’t think China has that kind of criteria to measure literacy
measurement criteria in China

Children: Recite at least one Tang poem.

Adults: reciting/dictation 出师表,陈情表,洛神赋,滕王阁序,春江花月夜,琵琶行,长恨歌,过秦论....... Any one.

first. 滕王阁序

Screenshot_20230909_022143.jpg

Sorry. I don't particularly understand. What do you mean by the "American measure of illiteracy"?

wait. Even Americans have poetry? I remember that Trump’s granddaughter like Tang poetry. Isn't it?

Last edited:
Due to illegal migrants being denied education and religious nutters taking their kids out of school.
When I was in America back in 1997, illegal migrants had access to education.

Does anybody know the literacy rate in India?
The literacy rate among Indian women has witnessed significant progress over the years. In the early days of India's independence, a mere one out of eleven girls, approximately nine per cent, were literate, as reported by the World Bank. Today, the literacy rate among women in India has surged to 77 per cent, whereas the male literacy rate stands at 84.7 per cent.

https://www.ndtv.com/education/inte... to the ministry, the,Lok Sabha in March 2023.

Kudos to India.
In India & Bangladesh as well the illiteracy rate is directly linked with the percentage of old population of the country,

Younger generation is almost 92-93% literate.

Future is bright if enough opportunities are given.

Back
Top Bottom