What's new

List of Indian Inventions

nope you are wrong......
they are indian numbers adopted by .....arabs....and later transferred to europeans......hence european started calling them arabic numerals....

No. I study this stuff on academic level. "History of intellectual development of pre-modern societies".

Please don't give me this bullshit.

1,2,3,4,5,6 etc...are direct "Arabic" numerals...Thats how you write Arabic numerals in Latin script. numerals in ancient sanskrit aren't even known to man

Arabs themselves agree about the numbers and knowledge they got from "Al Hind" ..they say it in their manuscripts...but it doesn't mean that 100% credit goes to indians..As I said, there is a reason why numbers are called "indo-Arab" numbers..and not just indian numbers.

PS, our 'numeric system' is purely much more Arabic than india

No. I study this stuff on academic level. "History of intellectual development of pre-modern societies".

1,2,3,4,5,6 etc...are direct "Arabic" numerals...Thats how you write Arabic numerals in Latin script. numerals in ancient sanskrit aren't even known to man

Arabs themselves agree about the numbers and knowledge they got from "Al Hind" ..they say it in their manuscripts...but it doesn't mean that 100% credit goes to indians..As I said, there is a reason why numbers are called "indo-Arab" numbers..and not just indian numbers.

don't write bullshit when you don't know......and I don't know what and where you studied this on your academic level.....
it's not good to teach wrong things to people ...you know......

Arabic numerals or Hindu-Arabic numerals[1][2] or Indo-Arabic numerals[3] are the ten digits (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9). They are descended from the Hindu-Arabic numeral system developed by ancient Indian mathematicians,[4] in which a sequence of digits such as "975" is read as a singlenumber. The Indian numerals are traditionally thought to have been adopted by the Muslim Persian and Arab mathematicians in India, and passed on to the Arabs further west.

read it and get it down your mind......:coffee:

don't write bullshit when you don't know......and I don't know what and where you studied this on your academic level.....
it's not good to teach wrong things to people ...you know......
:coffee:

Retardo, stop giving me fucking wikipedia with its shady, half-quoted "sources" where everyone use some lines of some books to support what 'they' want to believe.

What an idiot crap you are that you are arguing with me on the basis of wikipedia copy-pasting? What a utter fucker. Don't waste my precious time.

its an indo-Arab numeral system and thats it.

This video explains Al Khawarizmi's contribution to Mathematics. Listen carefully from 2:37 onwards. For your information.:coffee:

and a srilankan became an australian.......:lol::lol:

When you become a citizen of a particular country, You change your nationality.. Something you may find hard to comprehend.. Oh well,, Probably Internet Indian logic.. :undecided:

When you become a citizen of a particular country, You change your nationality.. Something you may find hard to comprehend.. Oh well,, Probably Internet Indian logic.. :undecided:
well the same thing happen with the Mexican ....don't you think so....
you changed your nationality a few year back but they changed it a millenniums back......still your internet logic ...ain't it....

Retardo, stop giving me fucking wikipedia with its shady, half-quoted "sources" where everyone use some lines of some books to support what 'they' want to believe.

What an idiot crap you are that you are arguing with me on the basis of wikipedia copy-pasting? What a utter fucker. Don't waste my precious time.

its an indo-Arab numeral system and thats it.
as your name suggest...you are nothing but BS and write all crap.....
god save the country where you are......and yes,..you are real academician ...

This video explains Al Khawarizmi's contribution to Mathematics. Listen carefully from 2:37 onwards. For your information.:coffee:

OMG!!! :hitwall:

I know all this! Al Khawarizmi in his manuscript that I studied (which indians here can't even get access to) himself refers to "Al hind" and the math/numbers he got from there.

But it is wrong to give 100% credit to indians. Our modern numeric system is based on indo-ARABIC system not just sanskrit based indian one....

There is a proof of Indians fully developed the decimal system in an ancient temple in Gwalior, Arabs did nothing, Europeans just named anything coming from middle East as Arab and added the word Hindu after knowing the real inventors.

as your name suggest...you are nothing but BS and write all crap.....
god save the country where you are......and yes,..you are real academician ...

idiot, I'm in United States :rofl:

Go learn a thing or two

Moreover, read the post #12 on this thread to get the more over-arching view of history..rather than just crying about this issue.

There is a proof of Indians fully developed the decimal system in an ancient temple in Gwalior, Arabs did nothing, Europeans just named anything coming from middle East as Arab and added the word Hindu after knowing the real inventors.

yeah..thats why we used sansrkrit numbers in our modern mathematics and moreover use sanskrit system to solve linear equations. Everything is done by indians. All hail.

You are no different than Muslims who claim "Muslims invented Science" or Chinese who claim "Everything was invented in China or even re-invented in China"

Gullible crowds lacking historical literacy.

OMG!!! :hitwall:

I know all this! Al Khawarizmi in his manuscript that I studied (which indians here can't even get access to) himself refers to "Al hind" and the math/numbers he got from there.

But it is wrong to give 100% credit to indians. Our modern numeric system is based on indo-ARABIC system not just sanskrit based indian one....
Did you watch the video till the end? Anyways, you tell me which number system the modern numerals resemble more, Devanagari or Arabic.
500px-Arabic_numerals-en.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom