What's new

Light Commando Battalions - LCBs

New camo pattern of LCB.
DfGNMYbXkAA3KNR.jpg

One friend is saying these are newly raised Para troopers not LCB
Do we really need a parachute regiment?,,,,,, sending C130 loaded with paratroops over Indian territory seems not a good idea, LCB seems to be sufficient for our needs, in fact they in conjunction with SSG could launch a major op across Durand line being fast roped from MI 17.Kudos Hazrat
BTW M4 seems to have replaced kitted out AK variant for LCB.

Do we really need a parachute regiment?,,,,,, sending C130 loaded with paratroops over Indian territory seems not a good idea, LCB seems to be sufficient for our needs, in fact they in conjunction with SSG could launch a major op across Durand line being fast roped from MI 17.Kudos Hazrat
I have no idea about it just told what a friend is saying. Although I believe the Eagle Force being raised by PAF should be increased manifolds and they should be turned into Para Troopers. Time to introduce new concepts and doctrines in modern warfare. Let's give Air Force it's own massive Ground Force which is seriously equipped

I have no idea about it just told what a friend is saying. Although I believe the Eagle Force being raised by PAF should be increased manifolds and they should be turned into Para Troopers. Time to introduce new concepts and doctrines in modern warfare. Let's give Air Force it's own massive Ground Force which is seriously equipped
Uqaab force,LCB,SSG are all para qualified and even regular troops do para.

The original commando in ww2 were para. A better trained than standard para.
SF do HALO & HAHO jumps..

Air force first and foremost needs to maintain stringent perimeter security around all airbases, hopefully they have learned from past mistakes,,,,,, indeed new concepts have been introduced by observing US forces in Afghanistan ie the way they were able to swiftly secure targets, set up runways and airstrips for immediate use in direct strategic and tactical air strikes on enemy positions, in regards to size of these forces, it all depends on budgetary constraints.Kudos Hazrat

Ah but taking the initial initiative will be important and say if some how , paf achieves limited local air superiority along with suppression of AD or areas where AD might be less effective like mountainous kashmir, a regiment or brigade of para can cause as much damage to the enemy as a division might from a frontal attack simply because they are inserted behind enemy lines and can then even be used to target enemy air bases though I believe that will be the job of SF ,

Ah but taking the initial initiative will be important and say if some how , paf achieves limited local air superiority along with suppression of AD or areas where AD might be less effective like mountainous kashmir, a regiment or brigade of para can cause as much damage to the enemy as a division might from a frontal attack simply because they are inserted behind enemy lines and can then even be used to target enemy air bases though I believe that will be the job of SF ,
Such operation's can be conducted by LCB by fast roping from low flying helicopters which can use the mountainous terrain to reduce radar signature and get across LOC, though it is still very risky op yet recently a PAK army helicopter made it's way very closely to the LOC without any forth coming reaction from Indian forces so it can be done however a much better trained and alert force would have almost certainly reacted very swiftly.Kudos

These men need a good nickname, calling them LCs doesn't fit.
FB_IMG_1548691105399.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom