What's new

Life in Australia as an Immigrant

bluemoon

New Recruit

Reaction score
hellow...guys this is my first post here....would like to Ask my australian fellows and other immigrants living in Australia..about the life in Australia...because i am a final year Engineering Student and plan to Immigrate as an Engineer...plzz enlighten me....abt the living...Job etc...i dnt think i am gonna end up starving in Australia

If you're an educated person you should type like one, no disrespect. As for your inquiry a Pakistani member here "Developereo" who resides in Australia I'm sure he can help answer any questions you have regarding immigrant life in Australia, work opportunities, etc.

We have a few other members here who also live in Australia.

I am here for last three months in sydney, will be going back to india in january.
Its very good city, country, people are extremely helpful.
And you will find in big cities almost 40-50% population is made of asians.

You will also get lots indian-pakistani, nepali restaurents here. SO you will not starve definitely.
You can cook also, you will get most of things in supermarkets.
There are some suburban areas in cities where majority population is made up of south asians.

i am not an immigrant, i am australian.

if you come here for work, are a genuine good person and dont rip off my country or people then welcome.

you will find if you are decent, treat people with respect, dont get into trouble, dont try change our way of life, accept australia and its culture, and dont try changing it. people for the most part will treat you like anyone else. of course some just wont like you ( but you get idiots in every country ), but the majority will think your alright.

if you are not a good person, if you come here and do crime, mouth off, treat our women crap, rip off my country and its people, if you try to change our way of life and culture, because you dont believe in say christmas, or bacon etc then seriously dont come,and most people wont like you, you would just further make people not like others from your country without little reason, and it be totally on your head, as it is with many others.

but anyway, if you got something good to offer my country, then welcome to come

I am here for last three months in sydney, will be going back to india in january.
Its very good city, country, people are extremely helpful.
And you will find in big cities almost 40-50% population is made of asians.

that is not true, you do have areas where asians will live together, "china town" etc. but you also get the same with other groups, like lebanese, greeks etc etc majority of australia population is whites, only 7% is asian

that is not true, you do have areas where asians will live together, "china town" etc. but you also get the same with other groups, like lebanese, greeks etc etc majority of australia population is whites, only 7% is asian

in some suburban areas in cities, asians are majority not only chinatown, there are other areas also in case of sydney I know few.
Yes, Of course, white australians form the bulk of population, no one can deny that.

hellow...guys this is my first post here....would like to Ask my australian fellows and other immigrants living in Australia..about the life in Australia...because i am a final year Engineering Student and plan to Immigrate as an Engineer...plzz enlighten me....abt the living...Job etc...i dnt think i am gonna end up starving in Australia

Skilled labour is in high demand in Australia. If you are an engineer you will have no problem getting a job, infact it will be extremely easy and you will get fantastic pay. Western Australian mining takes any engineers they can get.

You just need to make sure your English (written and spoken) is decent.

Hows the Gang problems with the Lebanese ?

Pretty bad, but it's only in Sydney and Melbourne. Also they only seem to target Indians.

The police are on top of them though, the police force has a Middle Eastern Crime division aimed at tackling them.

Nah, what he said is very true. Inner city is full of Asians and it's very noticeable. It's like they all gather in the city every day :P

Skilled labour is in high demand in Australia. If you are an engineer you will have no problem getting a job, infact it will be extremely easy and you will get fantastic pay. Western Australian mining takes any engineers they can get.

You just need to make sure your English (written and spoken) is decent.

Pretty bad, but it's only in Sydney and Melbourne. Also they only seem to target Indians.

The police are on top of them though, the police force has a Middle Eastern Crime division aimed at tackling them.

Nah, what he said is very true. Inner city is full of Asians and it's very noticeable. It's like they all gather in the city every day :P

like i said, they all stick together, move to the same areas, work in the same areas etc but there is a big difference between them being majority in some areas, and the fact the majority is not asian.

i would also disagree with your assessment on gangs in australia. i know for a fact melbourne is not as bad as you say it is, there are gangs, most gang activity is centred around their own, or other gangs. and the gangs with a lot of clout do not do stupid things to draw attention to themselves. you have a youth gang problem, random violence does happen, but very very few target other races specifically. a number of times it was said on the news indian bashed because he was indian etc, and i can name 3 instances off the top of my head, that it in fact was not racist, and was proven to be perputrated by another person of indian accent. one guy set other on fire, the victim said it was white person who set on him because he was indian, later it was found out an indian done it. another time a guy bashed an indian because of race, the indian media sparked up bla bla then it was found that another indian bashed him, and then there was silence, no apology or story telling the truth about it etc.

the gang situation is not like you say, we would have less crime and violence here then they would in an indian city.

Yeah it mostly bikie groups killing, shanking, drive by shooting each other. They don't really bother normal people.

And the Leb "gangs" are just a bunch of dickheads who hang out in Maccas car park and think they are all tough:lol:. Some of them also sell weed in maccas carpark!

Australia is peaceful country if you go about minding your own business.

Yeah it mostly bikie groups killing, shanking, drive by shooting each other. They don't really bother normal people.

And the Leb "gangs" are just a bunch of dickheads who hang out in Maccas car park and think they are all tough:lol:. Some of them also sell weed in maccas carpark!

Australia is peaceful country if you go about minding your own business.

exactly!. you my friend have common sense

lol @ lebs

Back
Top Bottom