What's new

Libya bans entry of Pakistanis for nation's security and stability.

Assault Rifle

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
For nation's security,
stability: Libya's
'official govt' bans
entry of Pakistanis.

Libya’s internationally
recognised administration based in the east
has banned Pakistanis, Yemenis, and
Iranians from entering the divided country,
a military statement said on Tuesday.
The move widens a visa ban already
applied to Sudanese, Bangladeshis,
Palestinians and Syrians.
Prime Minister Abdullah al-Thinni runs
only a rump state in eastern Libya after
a rival group seized Tripoli a year ago,
setting ups its own parliament and a
government not recognised by world
powers.
Thinni’s government and allied security
forces would therefore only be able to
enforce the ban at the eastern airports of
Tobruk and Labraq and the land
crossing with Egypt.
Top army commander Khalifa Haftar,
allied to Thinni, signed the latest ban,
which cited the overall security situation
and a need to preserve “the nation’s
security and stability”.
The decision, a copy of which was
received by Reuters and confirmed by a
senior military official, also said that
Sudanese and Bangladeshi were not
allowed to come to Libya, as mentioned
in previous government statements.
Haftar has repeatedly accused Sudanese,
Palestinians and Syrians of having
joined Ansar al-Sharia and other
militant groups which are his forces in
the eastern city of Benghazi. He has also
accused Yemenis of having joined
militants.
In September 2014, Thinni said Sudan
had attempted to airlift weapons and
ammunition to the new Tripoli rulers.
Khartoum denied this, saying the
weapons were meant for a joint border
force under a bilateral agreement.
Libya is also a key conduit for Pakistani
migrants heading to European shores.
Recently, a number of migrants died
while trying to cross the Mediterranean
in small boats which departed from the
coast of Libya.

For nation's security, stability: Libya's 'official govt' bans entry of Pakistanis - The Express Tribune

:Seriously? This is so weird, given the state Libya is in, as if they need foreign fanatics to destabilize their country.

And I can't believe Libya is ranked better than Pakistan in the fragile state index!

:Seriously? This is so weird, given the state Libya is in, as if they need foreign fanatics to destabilize their country.

And I can't believe Libya is ranked better than Pakistan in the fragile state index!

Its not about fragility. They seem concerned with the inflow of foreign terrorists. Interestingly Bangladehis were already banned. More bangladeshis seem to have joined ISIS than Pakistanis BTW. One reason could be the oppressive environment these good people have to encounter in BD, whereas like minded pakistanis have more ''freedom of expression'' back home.

Ooops! That sucks! But I ain't surprised.

The last time I went to France I was stopped at security and asked where I came from. When I said I was from India, the security guy's face lit up, said 'namaste' and asked me to proceed!!! On checking with my friend who had come to receive me he said that the security has been tightened and Pakistanis and those from a couple of other countries are made to go through a number of checks and formalities.

It looks like the Pakistanis are looked at with suspicion around the world seeing that terrorism is synonymous with Pakistan.

Pakistanis already left libya long ago and no one seems interested to go back there.

They seem concerned with the inflow of foreign terrorists.

CzVW09a.png

Foreign terrorists in Libya? These are local Islamist groups battling for control. It's been like that for a few years and I doubt it's going to be changing. I don't know what Iranian or Yemenis would be doing flying off to Libya to fight under some Sunni militant group. And I'm afraid Pakistanis have hardly been involved in the Libyan Civil War. They can ban every single nationality out there for all I care, at the end of the day these guys will still be fighting their own.

The last time I went to France I was stopped at security and asked where I came from. When I said I was from India, the security guy's face lit up, said 'namaste' and asked me to proceed!!! On checking with my friend who had come to receive me he said that the security has been tightened and Pakistanis and those from a couple of other countries are made to go through a number of checks and formalities.

Another victory of Modi's muscular foreign policy, eh? I'll take shit that never happened for $500.

Almost all of Pakistanis have already left Libya and so have most of other foreign Nationals. And they have no issues with Afghanis? Really? But seriously THANK YOU for that.

Who wants to go to Libya these days anyway. Gaddafi was close to Pakistan so I guess there doing everything that Gaddafi didn't want to do.

Libya is a hell hole as various groups fight for control. No Pakistani would be interested in going there and as for the statement how much control does this official govt has. This official govt needs to stop banning countries and start fighting otherwise it would cease exist.

How does it affect Pakistanis and Iranians when they don't want to visit Libya anyways?

I hope to see the day when players will land at Hamid Gul intl. Airport and take the Hamid Gul road via Hamid Gul pur to play cricket at Hamid Gul cricket stadium Lahore. . :woot:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom