What's new

Letter from an Indian Woman

Are you denying the plight of indian women?
I am denying that he is telling any truth. Most likely invented 'truth' ie lies. As far as women go, they are worse treated in India than say in the west. That said, unlike the claims of 'Rape Capital' brigade, India is NOT a hell or worst place for women in the world.

I am denying that he is telling any truth. Most likely invented 'truth' ie lies. As far as women go, they are worse treated in India than say in the west. That said, unlike the claims of 'Rape Capital' brigade, India is NOT a hell or worst place for women in the world.

Then why are Indian women saying the opposite?

Recently I decided to do a social experiment with Indians. I created a fake Facebookaccount and used profile pictures of a White woman wearing a traditional Indian saree dress. Lo and behold, I was getting like 500 friend requests a day from Indian men, so I hit the 5,000 friends limit in about 10 days. Indian men are super-thirsty for White women.
Doesn't it means that there are way more younger Indian men than say younger Sri Lankan men? You observed a phenomenon by your experiment, but you didn't consider other possible explanation to your observation.

Then why are Indian women saying the opposite?
Are all Indian women saying the opposite or you listen to those who say the opposite?
Did you do a well structured study?
Did you drew random samples of women and asked the questions like :
1. How many days in past two years were you NOT harassed?
2. How many days in past two year did you feel harassed?

There is a reason why finding reality behind all the hype is so hard.

It is similar to believing "Muslims are terrorists. All non-Muslims say that." Sure, if you only ask those who are Islamophobes, then yes.

Lastly, tell me how many women actually will say "Today was a normal day, no one hit on me. No one groped me. I came back home safe". Thats not report worthy, right? Now if she was cat called, sure as hell she is going to tell that to anyone who listens. Its called selection bias.

Are all Indian women saying the opposite or you listen to those who say the opposite?
Did you do a well structured study?
Did you drew random samples of women and asked the questions like :
1. How many days in past two years were you NOT harassed?
2. How many days in past two year did you feel harassed?

There is a reason why finding reality behind all the hype is so hard.

It is similar to believing "Muslims are terrorists. All non-Muslims say that." Sure, if you only ask those who are Islamophobes, then yes.

Lastly, tell me how many women actually will say "Today was a normal day, no one hit on me. No one groped me. I came back home safe". Thats not report worthy, right? Now if she was cat called, sure as hell she is going to tell that to anyone who listens. Its called selection bias.

Apart from groping grooming or harrassment. Women face other issues as well.

Sadly your whole argument is. Look they survived rape. It must be heaven on earth today.

Apart from groping grooming or harrassment. Women face other issues as well.

Sadly your whole argument is. Look they survived rape. It must be heaven on earth today.
Nope! My whole argument is that the "Rape Captial", "Hell for Women" arguments or narratives of India which are seen so much here on this forum and even whole of social media are not based on solid facts or even properly studied or thought about.

There are problem in India regarding women's situation but this forum or social media in general presents an extremely distorted and uninformed view of that.

Nope! My whole argument is that the "Rape Captial", "Hell for Women" arguments or narratives of India which are seen so much here on this forum and even whole of social media are not based on solid facts or even properly studied or thought about.

There are problem in India regarding women's situation but this forum or social media in general presents an extremely distorted and uninformed view of that.

But there is no counter narrative coming from indian women. That is my point.

Dowry is an accepted issue so dont bother denying that.

With growing number of young men frustrated out of materialistic world is only adding fuel to the fire compounded by the fact that indian literature has always portrayed women as someone who needs saving.

There is a societal disorder which cannot be ignored by just saying its propaganda

But there is no counter narrative coming from indian women. That is my point.

There are actually.
https://www.dailyo.in/voices/thomso...er-parity-rape-molestation/story/1/25221.html

What I see in India that Thomson Reuters' illogical survey on women has failed to see

Unlike most of these lopsided narratives, this woman is actually an academic well trained in understanding social reality based on evidence and facts. Read her thoughts on this matter, you will understand why this entire narrative is stupid.

Dowry is an accepted issue so dont bother denying that.
Dowry has been outlawed in India and it is actually more and more vanishing.

With growing number of young men frustrated out of materialistic world is only adding fuel to the fire compounded by the fact that indian literature has always portrayed women as someone who needs saving.
Thats not unique to India btw. And modern Indian literature and movies actually show otherwise. This was 70s or 80s India.

Last edited:
There are actually.
https://www.dailyo.in/voices/thomso...er-parity-rape-molestation/story/1/25221.html

What I see in India that Thomson Reuters' illogical survey on women has failed to see

Dowry has been outlawed in India and it is actually more and more vanishing.

Thats not unique to India btw. And modern Indian literature and movies actually show otherwise. This was 70s or 80s India.

So thomson is a good angrez?

And we are not discussing legal things here. I can assure you practice of sati takes place even today as well. Dowry is one of the most prevalant issue that an indian family faces on average. You cannot deny this. Ofcourse you are not indian so you probably dont know the gravity of the issue.

And that trend lasted till mid 2000s and is just starting to bare fruit.

So thomson is a good angrez?

And we are not discussing legal things here. I can assure you practice of sati takes place even today as well. Dowry is one of the most prevalant issue that an indian family faces on average. You cannot deny this. Ofcourse you are not indian so you probably dont know the gravity of the issue.

And that trend lasted till mid 2000s and is just starting to bare fruit.
Firstly, its not a discussion on 'legal things'. Its discussion on reality vs perception. Or reality vs bias.

And yes, I am not an Indian but I know bias when I see one. I know poorly designed studies and survey when I see one. I know hype and I can tell it apart from reality. I know what kind of 'experts' will be closer to truth and who is just a hype-monger. You don't need to be an Indian for that.

"Honestly, I will not downplay this just because I am from India, this is the bitter truth about our society. Having spent 23 years if my life as a woman here, I can only say this country is no country for women or children.

It’s riddled with patriarchal mindset and male autonomy. Women have no rights, no power, and no say in any decisions. They have no freedom to express anything. They are raised to be subservient and married off. The whole mindset is nurtured by her own parents. There is constant fear here and women are seen as liabilities and sex objects, hence they are treated as inferiors at job, school, home, and society on general. It has cultural backing and so does the corrupt system perpetuating the abuse. High illiteracy rates, a poor standard of living, and no sex sensitization often triggers this abuse.

And it’s just not rapes, but molestation and dowry harassment are fairly common and normal. I won’t say that the West doesn’t face this issue, but at least the women are empowered to ask for justice and get fair compensation, and at least they aren’t shunned by the rightwing fucking cultural bandwagons. Women don’t have the stigma like the women here have.

I myself am highly educated thanks to my liberal parents who stayed most of their lives abroad. Yet staying in that country was nightmare; just stepping out on the street, you feared you might end up being raped. I could never do things alone.

I wonder why these men cannot just accept the problem and do something. I didn’t have any hope that anything would change in that shithole of a country. That’s why I left and I am happy I can be independent and not constantly worry about my security. Indian men are scum of the earth, sex-starved, rapist, ugly apes and uneducated horny perverts. We should just castrate them or go Hitler-style execution on them. How I hate those sickos for destroying the lives of countless helpless women."

Source
Two statements, just my opinion:
1) Too much liberty and ignorance of people are the main causes.
2) If u see men of any society indulged in some kind habbits, it can't happen that women of that society are not doing similar things as well.
You can't only push men. First, consider it a problem with social fabric, not just with men. Then root it out.
Its simple. The main problem is the will of people, they just dont want to change themselves.

Are you aware that this Robert Lindsay guy is a known Pedophile, a Big Foot Believer and an extreme racist towards Indian, Bangladesh and Pakistani and a big Islamophobe. Read some of his earlier blog posts.

Examples Of his extreme hate of Islam and Pakistan:

https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/muslims-are-dumbfucks-too/
https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/pakistanis-shouldnt-bash-india-so-much/

I would not take any of his word as any 'truth' but example of his own hate towards these communities and countries.

None of the two are written by Robert Lindsay himself, the first from an Indian woman and the second from some other guy who did the social experiment with Indians.

Even if it was written by him, his views on other things are irrelevant to this topic.

Judge a piece of writing by its content only.

This attitude is exactly what they are referring to - India has a problem and you don't want to acknowledge it.

Firstly, its not a discussion on 'legal things'. Its discussion on reality vs perception. Or reality vs bias.

And yes, I am not an Indian but I know bias when I see one. I know poorly designed studies and survey when I see one. I know hype and I can tell it apart from reality. I know what kind of 'experts' will be closer to truth and who is just a hype-monger. You don't need to be an Indian for that.

So basically Everthing negative about india is just a conspiracy?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom