What's new

LeT: Ready to end Jihad in Kashmir

Yes, ISI and LET have tried to make some groups in India autonomous in carrying out the terror attacks. The blame still lies on them if their proteges carry out those attacks.

I think that accusation is unjustified from the perspective of the ISI.

The ISI attempted to make the groups fighting Indian occupation in Kashmir 'independent'. It did not try and make groups devoted to planting bombs in market places 'independent', though it is possible that some groups who moved away from the original mission, of fighting occupation, may have attempted to do that.

They are referring to a group that has allegedly perpetrated Mumbai - we woudl have the same attitude towards groups that perpetrated the Marriott bombing.

They might be responsible or they might not be responsible for mumbai . They have not taken responsiblity and there complicity in mumbai is yet to be established . On the other hand they are engaged in legitimate struggle agianst India in Kashmir . So if they are extending olive branch to help in resolving Kashmir it should be appreciated and not met by condescending attitude.

No idea -There is a possibility he is still involved in operations against Indian occupation forces in Kashmir, but I do not think he was involved in the Mumbai attacks or other such incidents. I could be proved wrong as more evidence emerges, but based on the information so far he seems to have distanced himself from such acts.

How can a group which does not exist, have an Emir? The LET has been banned, and was disbanded.

There is no leadership in hiding.

Of course, keeping it alive in the media is in the interest of the GOI.

Yes, if any new evidence emerges, things may change.

Based on what we know now and knowing the views of Saeed that he used to openly proclaim before the 9/11 days, I doubt he can change or stop those activities.

DS, Pakistani government claimed to close 5 camps of LET this month! Are they doing India's bidding!

And you surely can't claim you don't know that LET renamed itself as JUD after the ban. All the members simply became a part of the new group overnight, something that happened with other "banned" groups too and something that is seeming being repeated by JUD now.

Last edited:
I think that accusation is unjustified from the perspective of the ISI.

The ISI attempted to make the groups fighting Indian occupation in Kashmir 'independent'. It did not try and make groups devoted to planting bombs in market places 'independent', though it is possible that some groups who moved away from the original mission, of fighting occupation, may have attempted to do that.

Well, if we look at Indian intelligence reports, the linkage is there all over the place. Even in deep south like Kerala, Andhra, Tamil Nadu etc.

Then the issue of support to the NE groups, creating modules all over the country etc.

I have no reason to doubt the veracity of those reports. I suspect you have none to believe them.

'Jihad' against an occupation force is fine by me - I don't consider it terrorism. Some of India's own revered figures engaged in violence against the British, as did those of the US.

The LeT did diverge into terrorism later, and it is banned. However, Saeed has distanced himself from those acts of terrorism and condemned them (though he was involved in the fight against occupation, which is not terrorism) so unless he can be shown to have supported those acts, I do not consider him to be guilty.

Oh, so religious extremism of the worst kind is fine as long as they "cause" they claim to be fightin for is a "legitimate" one?
Do you realize the absurdity of that statement? Do you have any idea how many Kashmiri civilians (that's right, not the Indian troops who you hate, or the "Indian" civilians who don't matter as much) they have killed in roadside bombs and firing on crowds in broad daylight?

Or that radical Islam is being used to turn perfectly normal people into verse-spouting Jehadis?

But all that is fine isn't it, as long as they are fighting for "freedom".
I guess "freedom fighters" get judged differently in your world of jehad.

As you said yourself, India is still building a case - she hasn't offered Pakistan anythign except a bunch opf papers and images in some 'dossier'. Let us know when you have something tangible to work on and we'll work on it as we have indicated already.

In the meantime as a gesture of goodwill, despite the belligerence and irresponsible behavior from the GoI, we have detained some suspects. They will be tried when and if India cooperates and shares evidence, or our own investigation brings something up.

As a responsible nation, Pakistan is supposed to do her own investigations and prosecute the people involved, like India is doing in the Sadhvi Pragya case and the Col. Purohit case, and not justify their acts as a "Freedom Struggle" or such nonsense or sit smugly demanding "proof".

Even those two have denied their involvement in the blasts - but I guess the GOI isn't saying "Huh - they're "distancing" themselves from the blasts so now its okay since they are freedom fighters".

Gesture of goodwill? More like the Almighty Eyewash.

I really don't know what it will take for Pakistan to stop letting these "non-state actors" flourish on her soil. Maybe when they take over Islamabad will you guys realize it.

Pakistan should continue to support the freedom fighters of Kashmir. LeT however shouldn't be supported to carry out attacks in India. If LeT carry out attacks in India, there will be no difference in Indian troops and terrorists. Also, free the people who are not involved in terrorists attacks, there is absolutely no reason to keep them in detention as long as they dont harm the national interests of Pakistan.

Pakistan should continue to support the freedom fighters of Kashmir. LeT however shouldn't be supported to carry out attacks in India. If LeT carry out attacks in India, there will be no difference in Indian troops and terrorists. Also, free the people who are not involved in terrorists attacks, there is absolutely no reason to keep them in detention as long as they dont harm the national interests of Pakistan.

So you guys will wait till they decide to harm the national interests of Pakistan?

In the meanwhile, its fine that they continue to take innocent kids out of school, brainwash them, and give them a rifle to go and die for nothing?

Does Paksitan have such low value for its human capital? Or is an AK47 and a prayer the best thing a kid in Pakistan can expect?

Oh, and I guess if Kashmiri civilians die from roadside bombs and blind firings, its fine because they died for "freedom" and got a couple of jawans to their maker too.

So you guys will wait till they decide to harm the national interests of Pakistan?

In the meanwhile, its fine that they continue to take innocent kids out of school, brainwash them, and give them a rifle to go and die for nothing?

Does Paksitan have such low value for its human capital? Or is an AK47 and a prayer the best thing a kid in Pakistan can expect?

Oh, and I guess if Kashmiri civilians die from roadside bombs and blind firings, its fine because they died for "freedom" and got a couple of jawans to their maker too.

I think they will not exist if they harm the national interests of Pakistan.

As far as your comment is concerned about innocent kids of school and brainwashing them. Well, bud, these are the same kids whose mother was raped by the Indian terrorist soldiers, and father was shot dead in a fake encounter to decrease the Muslim population in the Indian Occupied Kashmir. They are the soldiers of Kashmir, they are ready to die for Kashmir, and kill the Indian terrorist soldiers for Kashmir.

After all said and done. God bless these soldiers.

As far as your comment is concerned about innocent kids of school and brainwashing them. Well, bud, these are the same kids whose mother was raped by the Indian terrorist soldiers, and father was shot dead in a fake encounter to decrease the Muslim population in the Indian Occupied Kashmir. They are the soldiers of Kashmir, they are ready to die for Kashmir, and kill the Indian terrorist soldiers for Kashmir.

After all said and done. God bless these soldiers.

No, actually most of these are kids from villages around Punjab and Pakisani Kashmir who have nothing to do with Indian Kashmir.

So yeah, god bless them. If that's the kind of future the Pakistani state is offering its citizens.

No, actually most of these are kids from villages around Punjab and Pakisani Kashmir who have nothing to do with Indian Kashmir.

So yeah, god bless them. If that's the kind of future the Pakistani state is offering its citizens.

There is no such thing as two Kashmirs. There is only one Kashmir.

There is no biggest honor for a citizen but to fight for his country.

First Pakistan supported Taliban..now they are fighting against them.

History will change Pakistan will fight against LeT soon.

If somebody picks up a knife to kill somebody else then he will be also killed by knife.

There is no such thing as two Kashmirs. There is only one Kashmir.

If there could be a thing as 2 Punjabs and 2 Bengals ?

though you are, in an unrelated matter, correct in saying that there is actually one Kashmir. Kashmir imo, is supposed to refer to only the valley which measures approx ~3000sq km, presently with India.

There is no biggest honor for a citizen but to fight for his country.

towing your line, there is no greater dishonor for a citizen, when he is arrested by his compatriots for "fighting" for his country (and an arrest under external pressure compounds the dishonor)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom