What's new

LCA Navy Mark 2

Otherwise F414 is sufficient.

There is a difference in carrier operations.......check out the carrier fighters in any navy to get the clue.
It will be and should be rejected by navy as well.

LCA Navy is back on track with a new design. Rumors say the wind tunnel testing is complete.
What a beauty!!!!

De5kAwHVQAAtOP7.jpg
Sigh ! How many single engine naval carrier fighter are there in the whole world ( dint bring F 35) ?

Instead of increasing production rate of LCA or working fast on mk1 A .. dodos are again trying to sell snake oil in the name of Naval LCA.
A single engine Naval A/c will never be accepted by IN.

There is a difference in carrier operations.......check out the carrier fighters in any navy to get the clue.
It will be and should be rejected by navy as well.
Single engine carrier A/c ... Lol

Exactly !!
Drdo and HAL must work out ways to quickly satisfy the LCA orders than wasting time by desgning a naval varient.
The Navy will probably go with some foreign fighter.

I'd rather have a twin engine on my carrier for safety reasons.

But some facts to consider:

The only carrier fighters in service are F35, F/A18, Mig29, Rafale and flanker derivatives. Russia was never into single engines and the Chinese don't have their own seaworthy design. Therefore we've only two examples to argue for twins.

We've operated Harriers which are single engined, although subsonic.

Navy was fine with single engine as long as it wasn't underpowered. American engines have proved to be very reliable on Tejas. As long as 414 power is sufficient for Mk2, it should be our second fighter until third carrier arrives. A much better sight than foreign fighters crammed into lifts that won't even fit.

There's no money anyway. Wake me up when there's any word on the glorious tender.

LCA Navy is back on track with a new design. Rumors say the wind tunnel testing is complete.
What a beauty!!!!

De5kAwHVQAAtOP7.jpg
That frameless golden canopy!! Will that thing make it to the production version? Any mention about it? I guess it will come out with Uttam AESA radar as well. Anyways, good development. Unlike the airforce and army, navy won't show any reluctance in inducting indigenous products if they're meeting their requirements. Looking forward to it.

Let's not get too excited about the frameless canopy. It is at best a representational graphic. If you think the aircraft would have frameless canopy then staying true to the image, the entire aircraft would be seamless without any metal frame rivets etc. And that's not going to be possible unless we are talking of space age sheathing surface.. Let's be realistic. :)

That frameless golden canopy!! Will that thing make it to the production version? Any mention about it? I guess it will come out with Uttam AESA radar as well. Anyways, good development. Unlike the airforce and army, navy won't show any reluctance in inducting indigenous products if they're meeting their requirements. Looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom