What's new

Lawyers start long march !

Long March?

They can keep marching.

I believe the govt has ordered PTV not to broadcast President Mushrraf's speeches or his Press Conference.

How ridiculous can it get that they have started their own President, whom they cannot dismiss/ remove by fair means!!

This govt is merely insulting Pakistan!

Long March?

They can keep marching.

I believe the govt has ordered PTV not to broadcast President Mushrraf's speeches or his Press Conference.

How ridiculous can it get that they have started their own President, whom they cannot dismiss/ remove by fair means!!

This govt is merely insulting Pakistan!

Its a live soap opera for you folks living next door! Enjoy! :lol:

Blain2,

There is nothing to enjoy even if it were a soap opera.

An unstable Pakistan is dangerous for India since any of the contestants in Pakistan political jockeying can up the ante with slogans and causes dear to the Pakistani heart and which is at its tethers end with all sorts of problems on its borders as also internally with spiralling prices, shortages and other problems which is afflicting the world.

I feel it is political immaturity as was displayed with the pact with the terrorist and then doing a volte face, even before the ink has dried!!

Pakistan as she is being run is not my idea of good governance. Our politicians care more about the party than the nation. Unfortunately the words of the famous Pashtun warrior poet Khushal Khan Khattak are lost on them:

Life's no life when honour's left
Man's a man when honour's kept
Nation's honour and nation's fame -
On life they have a prior claim

With thoughts of these I do remain
Unvexed with cares of loss or gain.

No matter how much you try to defend him President Musharraf did brake the law of the land, but you dont seem to get that. Even he himself said he broke the Constitution when he declared his state of emergency. Now being a supporter of President Musharraf you might think every thing he does is right, even if he goes against god he is right. I too support him but at the same time critize him for his mistakes. What my point are President Musharraf has commited small mistakes, their are people in our political system who can be charged for treason on several accounts.

Well, more clueless nonsense to continue your trend of posts, like the belief of yours that Pakistani provinces are not named after ethnic groups - Part 10 of the Pakistani Constitution clearly states it's legal for him (Musharraf), to declare a State of Emergency.

232. Proclamation of emergency on account of war, internal disturbance, etc.
(1) If the President is satisfied that a grave emergency exists in which the security of Pakistan, or any part thereof, is threatened by war or external aggression, or by internal disturbance beyond the power of a Provincial Government to control, he may issue a Proclamation of Emergency.

Part X: Emergency Provisions

The Amendments he made to the constitution could be called into question, however even these are not clear cut. He used a legal loophole, but even then it's been done before.

And Chudhary Iftikhar was one of those judegs who took oath under first PCO So pleasssssssssssssssssssssss
dont defend the black turncoats

Hey I am not defending him. All I said was President Musharraf acted illegaly, but nonetheless I support his removal.

Judge's apply and interpret the constitution because they are qualified and appointed to do so.

You cannot merely pick up the constitution and say "I believe it says XYZ and therefore my view is correct and so and so has committed XYZ" - at that point you sound very similar to those you criticize for accusing the Bhuttos for being corrupt.

Your argument is that certain politicians have not been convicted in court, the same stands for Musharraf. His actions were validated by the court, and one of the judges was the individual everyone is saying is the "most honest judge in Pakistan"!

Until he is convicted, he has not committed any crime.

Sir you said they were PCO judges now they came by means of illegal means. I need no more to say than this that musharraf launched a coup against the country he broke the army act with his friends and he dissolved the parliament and the PM which is breaking the constitution in effect. However, I shall also say we need a fair trail on what has happened needs be put it in secrecy.

I believe you have misunderstood the Judicial movement, a dictator threw the Judiciary out and I also want to reference that all dictators have used the Judiciary for their means to gain power, however, the Judiciary when it reacted with the Aitazaz movement it wanted to show that what was done can be undone that is the spirit of this movement to undo what musharraf illegally did.

For the Bhutto's we cant change history here, their entire family has nearly been wiped off, but the leaders live on. Zulfikar Ali Bhutto I dont care what you criticize on him but he founded the constitution from which I took my quote. I live in a western country where the constitution is my justice, I had debate on UNI fees and why we the young people had to pay for it when it clearly said in the constitution that no fees are obliged on students the debate was fair, the only answer our group received was that the government has stipulated new education reforms and therefore we would need to pay fees for UNI, but it did not say it would always be like that.

Well, more clueless nonsense to continue your trend of posts, like the belief of yours that Pakistani provinces are not named after ethnic groups - Part 10 of the Pakistani Constitution clearly states it's legal for him (Musharraf), to declare a State of Emergency.

So you still believe our provinces are named after ethnic groups. First came the name of the provinces and the people who inhabitated them became known by that indentity. But hey since you have said it its set in stone. Go look it up ask anyone with knowledge about Pakistan's history they will tell you that our provinces were not named after the people who inhabited it but the other way around.
Punjab- Land of five rivers.
Sindh-Land by the sea
Baluchistan- I cant recall right now why it was named Baluchistan.
But then again you must of been their when they named these provinces so how can I argue with you.

Now a far as the State of Emergency is concerned, all governments of the world are allowed to declare a state of emergency. He had the right to do it, but what went on during the emergency, even though I supported these acts were illegal.

So you still believe our provinces are named after ethnic groups. First came the name of the provinces and the people who inhabitated them became known by that indentity. But hey since you have said it its set in stone. Go look it up ask anyone with knowledge about Pakistan's history they will tell you that our provinces were not named after the people who inhabited it but the other way around.
Punjab- Land of five rivers.
Sindh-Land by the sea
Baluchistan- I cant recall right now why it was named Baluchistan.
But then again you must of been their when they named these provinces so how can I argue with you.

:rofl: Nit. Punjab (the province) is not coincidentally named after the Punjabi people.
Sindh is not coincidentally named after the Sindhi people.
Balochistan is not coincidentally named after the Baloch people.

These statements are so ignorant, it's actually amusing :) Sindh is derived from Sindhu, which comes from Indu or the Indus river. Vedic Sanskrit in fact it comes from. Saptha Sindhu is the full Vedic description in Sanskrit, though the area of Saptha Sindhu was not only confined to modern day Sindh but to a great deal of the modern day region of Pakistan. The meaning of "Sindh" is FLOWING.

Sindh is a small state just west of India. The state is named for the river Sindhu (called Indus in English), which passes through the middle of the state and flows into the Arabian sea in the south. According to historians, Aryans called the river “Sindhu” when they established settlements there. The river is wide and flows all year around. Apparently, the word originated from the Sanskrit word “Sindh” which means flowing.

Sindh Ja Aguna Hindu

But let's just ignore your incorrect attempts at translation, and assume you're correct in saying it means "land by the sea" :rofl: Punjab meaning land of trhe 5 rivers (a recent name of course, but let's ignore this since it'll disprove your crumbling theory, which i suspect is to try and save an embarassed red face), Balochistan means "something else" ( :rofl: you don't even know your full theory - here's a hint, Balochistan means "land of the Baloch, just as Pakistan means "land of the pure".) Which leads us as to what "Pakhtunkhwa" could mean according to your backward logic. Well, the derivation of Pakhtun is "mountain back" according to Rafferty, the name deriving from the fact that it's a mountainous region it has people living on the backs of them. So naming it Pakhtunkhwa just means "land of the backs", just as Sindh means (incorrectly, but according to you) - land by the Sea.

Now the other bright single digit IQ idea you had was that the same applied for Afghania. Even Afghan means something believe it or not! It derives from Ashvaka or horsemen, in other words Afghania, would mean "land of the horsemen", again much like Sindh would mean (incorrectly again :rofl: - land by the Sea). So one can argue that you're incorrect using your OWN logic.

However, the truth is this.

Punjab is a recent designation for the region where the Punjabi people live. You can see this, since Punjab's boundaries are drawn exactly along the lines of the Punjabi people. Sindh's boundaries against the Sindhi people, and SURPRISINGLY Balochistan's boundaries along where the Baloch live! :rofl: So these province are all named after the ethnic groups.

Now a far as the State of Emergency is concerned, all governments of the world are allowed to declare a state of emergency. He had the right to do it, but what went on during the emergency, even though I supported these acts were illegal.

Not what you said in your last post. And it certainly has not been proved to be illegal - if so describe what was illegal. I have a feeling you don't even know. Constitutions can be suspended leading to interim constitutions. Amendments can be made. This is not a problem in the slightest, though one would have to question Musharraf's judgement for giving Iftikhar Chaudry the hot seat in the first place. I suppose anyone can make a mistake though.

Life's no life when honour's left
Man's a man when honour's kept
Nation's honour and nation's fame -
On life they have a prior claim
With thoughts of these I do remain
Unvexed with cares of loss or gain.

Thanks Blain2.....patriotic and nationalist line. very nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom