What's new

Lahoris get beating of a Lifetime by Police| Grand Operation against PTI| Lahore City birthplace destroyed| Standing-up for Imran Khan political rally

Beaten-up, hit hard, killed - Lahoris support to Imran Khan and PTI turn into heavy Riots and Clashes

Lahoris stand up against Police, face heavy maar and hits - Lahoris getting a beating of lifetime, supporting PTI & standing up for Imran Khan rally

Canal View Lahore was a sign of battle-field. Lahoris left all alone to save Imran Khan.

PTI suspends election rally amid chaos after imposition of Section 144 in Lahore​

475076_4206428_updates.jpg

• PTI claims police violence led to worker's death.
  • Section 144 imposed in Lahore amid "threats".
  • Imran Khan berates interim Punjab government.
LAHORE: The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Wednesday told its workers to return to their homes "peacefully" after police arrested several people for violating CrPC Section 144.

The party workers and supporters were taken into custody from the Zaman Park area where PTI Chairman Imran Khan's residence is located, after the Punjab Home Department imposed Section 144 — banning public rallies ahead of the PTI's election campaign and Aurat March, which were planned for today.

In a statement, PTI senior leader Hammad Azhar blamed the Punjab caretaker government and the Centre for seeking "chaos" and said that despite the polls' schedule being announced, the party was not allowed for electioneering.

"I am telling all my workers to return home peacefully. They want us to resort to chaos, but we will not let them succeed," he added.

The former energy minister said that the police fired tear gas shells at workers in some places they are still doing the same.

Death of worker​

In a press conference later, PTI leader Farrukh Habib said that a party worker, Ali Bilal, is "lying in Services Hospital" and demanded an explanation from Punjab caretaker Chief Minister Mohsin Naqvi.

He claimed that the interim government wanted to "shed blood" today and accomplished its mission.

Lahoris PTI worker killed by Police:

PTI leaders claim that the administration is to blame for their party worker's death.

The Services Hospital administration told Geo News that the PTI worker sustained an injury to his head, while the reason behind his death is yet to be determined.

Reacting to the demise of Ali Bilal, Imran Khan wrote on his official Twitter handle, asking all PTI representatives across the country to offer funeral prayer in absentia tomorrow (Thursday).

Police personnel sustain injuries​

Meanwhile, the Punjab Police shared details of their injured personnel. Taking to their Twitter handle, the Capital City Police Lahore mentioned that 11 police officers, including two DSPs, and one SHO, were injured after the PTI mob "attacked" them.

Why was Section 144 imposed?​

In a notification issued today, the Home Department observed that number of rallies and protests are held therein on daily basis at different places of Lahore, which not only pose serious security threats but also disrupt traffic and cause inconvenience to the public at large.

The order issued by Punjab government.
The order issued by Punjab government.
There is also a history of terrorist activities in the rallies and protests, wherein, a number of police officials and civilians embraced shahadat, it noted.

“Hence, in the context of the prevailing overall security situation in the wake of the recent wave of terrorism and latest threat alerts, it has been necessary to impose Section 144 of Cr.P.C, 1898 on holding of all kinds of assemblies, gatherings, sits-in, rallies, processions, demonstrations, jalsas, dharnas, protests and such like other activities across the district Lahore to avert any untoward incident,” the notification added issued by Additional Chief Secretary (Home) Shakeel Ahmed.

The order stated that due to prevailing threats, it is essential to ensure the security of the people and installations/buildings against any potential terrorist or untoward activity, in the larger interest of public safety, security, peace and tranquillity.

Interior minister defends Punjab govt​

Addressing a press conference earlier in the day, Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah said that the government imposed Section 144 in light of reports by the security agencies.

He said that PTI had been asked to share the route of their rally but Imran Khan's group didn't provide any details.

The minister said that there were several events, including Aurat March and Haya March, simultaneously taking place in Lahore.

While mocking the PTI chief, Rana Sanaullah said, "Imrani fitna announced the burger march" and selected the same place for their election rally which the Aurat March rally organisers had already picked.

He said that "fitna Khan found it fit to highlight his own fitna in between” all these happenings.

Sanaullah said that everything was being done in the same area therefore any untoward incident can occur in such a situation.

'SC ruling is defied'​

In a series of tweets, PTI Chairman Khan said that a five-member Supreme Court bench ordered elections in Punjab and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and asked President Arif Alvi to announce the date of the polls, "which he does — 30 April".
He said that with hardly 55 days left, PTI kicks off the election rally in Lahore. "Under what law, [and] in brazen contempt of SC, Punjab caretaker govt uses massive police violence against unarmed workers to stop our planned rally?"

He said that the only job of caretakers is to ensure fair and free elections. "What they are doing is an assault on rule of law, our Constitution & democracy."

"Above all, once SC ruling is defied, it is now law of the jungle."
Things are getting out of hand

مارچ 2040 جنگ اخبار کی ممکنہ ہیڈ لائن " اسلامی جمہوریہ پنجاب کے آرمی چیف جنرل جاوید بھٹی نے سندھودیش کو دھمکی دی ہے کہ اگر دوبارہ صادق آباد کے سرحدی دیہات پر فائرنگ ہوئی تو منہ توڑ جواب دیا جائے گا۔ہماری امن کی خواہش کو کمزوری نہ سمجھا جائے "

As I was saying to @The Accountant , the determination of the legality of the imposition of Sec 144 is important:

"Chief Election Commissioner Sikandar Sultan Raja has called a meeting of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday (March 13) to discuss the PTI’s petitions against the “illegal imposition” of Section 144 and ban on the party’s rallies in Lahore."

(The link is not working properly for some reason, but it is in Dawn.)
Yes but all of this illegal use of state power is happening openly without any fear and no one is condemning it ... Be it media, judiciary or civil society

As I was saying to @The Accountant , the determination of the legality of the imposition of Sec 144 is important:

"Chief Election Commissioner Sikandar Sultan Raja has called a meeting of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Monday (March 13) to discuss the PTI’s petitions against the “illegal imposition” of Section 144 and ban on the party’s rallies in Lahore."

(The link is not working properly for some reason, but it is in Dawn.)
There are murderers (Nazim Jhokio) who are roaming with impunity; don’t expect much on legal front. Anyway Punjab CM says the PTI worker died in an accident!

Yes but all of this illegal use of state power is happening openly without any fear and no one is condemning it ... Be it media, judiciary or civil society

To be fair, this determination whether the crackdown has been made legally or not, had not been made yet. As far as I know, the court in which PTI has filed its petition over thelegality of the imposition of Sec 144 in Lahore has not passed a verdict as of yet.

There are murderers (Nazim Jhokio) who are roaming with impunity; don’t expect much on legal front. Anyway Punjab CM says the PTI worker died in an accident!

There has been a death of a young man from unnatural causes. It must be investigated. You may not expect much on the legal front, but at least PTI is the one party that is trying to play by the law, to its credit.

To be fair, this determination whether the crackdown has been made legally or not, had not been made yet. As far as I know, the court in which PTI has filed its petition over thelegality of the imposition of Sec 144 in Lahore has not passed a verdict as of yet.

There has been a death of a young man from unnatural causes. It must be investigated. You may not expect much on the legal front, but at least PTI is the one party that is trying to play by the law, to its credit.
Bhai jaan. Who legally investigates? The police under IG Punjab. Who can order IG Punjab - the ‘carefree’ CM. Both sat together in a press conference and said this was a car accident after Zille Shah escaped from police van, and his dead body was brought in a black suv (not edhi ambulance or 112). His father with fearful eyes said he wont pursue anything - case closed. Salaam to that one Medical Doctor who did the autopsy (transferred somewhere now - I expect a recorded message from him as well saying he forgot to wear his contact lenses while performing the autopsy).

Bhai jaan. Who legally investigates? The police under IG Punjab. Who can order IG Punjab - the ‘carefree’ CM. Both sat together in a press conference and said this was a car accident after Zille Shah escaped from police van, and his dead body was brought in a black suv (not edhi ambulance or 112). His father with fearful eyes said he wont pursue anything - case closed. Salaam to that one Medical Doctor who did the autopsy (transferred somewhere now - I expect a recorded message from him as well saying he forgot to wear his contact lenses while performing the autopsy).

Nonetheless, PTI has filed a petition, and I will wait to see how it is decided. The other option is to set fire to a few buses and buildings, as usual. It is totally IK's choice, and I will see what his decisions are here.

If someone has a power than it does not means he can exercise it at his discretion ... So it is visible to a neutral person that there is no need of imposition of section 144. And if it is then how come PMLN could have had its own workers meeting ?

I dont need any judgement to see what is right and wrong

If someone has a power than it does not means he can exercise it at his discretion ... So it is visible to a neutral person that there is no need of imposition of section 144. And if it is then how come PMLN could have had its own workers meeting ?

I dont need any judgement to see what is right and wrong

I agree with you about what is really going on, but right or wrong is a personal moral concept, but, while important, it does not affect what is legal or illegal, which is the issue here, in going after any criminals responsible for a young man's unnatural death.

Even if true People in the forces are also from within Pakistan and they are seeing what is happening. Which direction their seniors are putting Pakistan in and the implications of it. How long before they start rejecting orders altogether. That day does not seem far.
Soldiers will not follow ridiculous orders like fire on the crowds but who is going to bring the crowd out!?

That's the issue.

In turkey they did fired on the crowds over 300 people were killed ultimately they gave up

Infact they used gunship helicopter 🚁

I agree with you about what is really going on, but right or wrong is a personal moral concept, but, while important, it does not affect what is legal or illegal, which is the issue here, in going after any criminals responsible for a young man's unnatural death.
No my brother. Right and wrong is not personal concepts its a universal concept ... Everyone can saw the impartial behaviour of care taker government. Law clearly says that care taker government should be impartial.

Whereas we can see pmln can have rally whereas pti is subject to section 144. This incident itself is violation of law.

FIR of father of zil.e.shah was not registered whereas it is first information report which was right of father as per law but not guaranteed unless he was pushed to take back his request for FIR.

Like u, I am a biker myself and has gone through many road accidents. My wife is a doctor. I know what a road accident injury is ... From videos, pictures and autopsy report it is clear its not a road accident injury. In road accident injury external areas get effectd first and then it gets into internal areas ... His spleen was punctured without any external wound. In road acident testicals are never effected ..

In road accidents your bones get fractured along woth muscles ...

So sorry my friend. I cant ignore facts and accept fiction.

In road accidents your bones get fractured along woth muscles ...

So sorry my friend. I cant ignore facts and accept fiction.
Section 144 requires a one day pre-warning and advertisement in newspaper/media.

The injuries are compact and deep and not spread over a broader area. It indicates repeated and localised injury.

So far in medical history, no one had such injuries in road accidents. No textbook, research or paper has registered this kind of anomaly. This 'accident' can easily be refuted on the medical ground only.

Like u, I am a biker myself and has gone through many road accidents. My wife is a doctor. I know what a road accident injury is ... From videos, pictures and autopsy report it is clear its not a road accident injury. In road accident injury external areas get effectd first and then it gets into internal areas ... His spleen was punctured without any external wound. In road acident testicals are never effected .

You should see my other posts about his injuries. I agree with the above. In addition, there is no damage to the vehicle itself that is purported to have hit him. His death is unnatural, and must be investigated, for sure. The legality of the imposition of Sec 144 is important in this context, as I have said from the start.

I cant ignore facts and accept fiction.

Neither do I, as above.

Right and wrong is not personal concepts its a universal concept

This we can disagree on, for now, and take up the topic somewhere else, later.

You should see my other posts about his injuries. I agree with the above. In addition, there is no damage to the vehicle itself that is purported to have hit him. His death is unnatural, and must be investigated, for sure. The legality of the imposition of Sec 144 is important in this context, as I have said from the start.

Neither do I, as above.

This we can disagree on, for now, and take up the topic somewhere else, later.
i would love to have a discussion on conceptual topics like this in another thread.

Right and wrong are universal concept except the areas where the comparison is between two different norms and two different cultures.

For example theft is a universal wrong, whereas adultry is wrong in some cultures and right in others ...

If we keep the high moral compass we can easily identify right and wrong in societies that are common across all the cultures. (a very small proportion of exception dont count)

Back
Top Bottom