What's new

Lahore Blast

HE was my Cousin................

They ve been searching for him all night long...

Found his body in a hospital in morning........

Dear Sister, I am left speechless. May Allah bless his soul. These barbaric people who kills the innocent must be dealt with and finished for good.

Common people don't care who the hell is supporting them, They want peace....
these are the people who mis interpret the only Book & the only Prophet they believe in

Their whole f-ing race must be annihilated before they annihilate this country & its people

And that's why Zbigniew Brzezinski's plan to breakup Pakistan (and Afghanistan) could very well succeed unfortunately. This is 4th generation warfare, and it will be a long and nasty war that threatens the whole region.

I am deeply saddened by the recent wave of attacks... hearing about someone being a direct victim in this forum was indeed very shocking... always feared this day... thank god he is ok and recovering. Bezerk, you were very courageous to be updating this forum even when your own brother was hurt. I hope all injured recover as quick as possible. God bless.

PDF is like a second home for most of us. And after receiving so many messages and PMs from concerned members about the safety of my brother, I'm beginning to understand just how deeply connected this little family is. I thank you, and all the other members who've inquired about the safety of my family. Your wishes and prayers mean the world to me and my family.

My Brother's recovering now, Alhamdullilah. He will be discharged in a few days. If this wasn't enough for me, an old school friend of mine from "Garrison Academy Lahore" also passed away last night. Going back and forth from the hospital where my own brother was admitted to a mourning house full of friends and familiar faces was something that I haven't dealt with before.

FC-20, Rest in Peace. You will not be forgotten. Inalilahe wa ina'ilahe rajeyun

God bless this nation, our Shuhadah's, and everyone who've suffered at the hands of these brainwashed terrorists.

God Bless our sacred Pakistan!

They ve been searching for him all night long...

Found his body in a hospital in morning........

انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Our prayers are with your cousin.

My Brother's recovering now, Alhamdullilah. He will be discharged in a few days. If this wasn't enough for me, an old school friend of mine from "Garrison Academy Lahore" also passed away last night.

Good to hear about your brother.
Prayers for your friend and all others who suffered.

Fear grips Pakistan’s cultural capital after attacks

A woman weeps amidst the wreckage a day after two powerful bomb blasts at a market in Lahore on December 8, 2009. — AFP​

LAHORE: ‘Nobody knows whether they will come home alive or not,’ said Khalid Mahmood, a 52-year-old taxi driver in Lahore, after the latest bloody strike on Pakistan’s once peaceful cultural capital.

Residents are living in fear after the deadliest attack yet on Lahore — twin bomb blasts on a busy market in the heart of the city at nightfall on Monday that left 49 people dead and scores more wounded.

Home to ancient Mughal monuments and grand colonial buildings, Lahore residents like to think their city is a cut above the rest of Pakistan — a hallowed centre of education, intellectual thought and a cultural bellwether.

Students mill around cafes and galleries and flock to the theatre at night, but Pakistan’s second biggest city had recently found itself in the Taliban’s cross-hairs, with six militant strikes this year killing about 133 people.

‘Bloodshed is spreading in the city, people are afraid and worry about their future,’ Mahmood said.

‘Life is becoming miserable, there is fear and threats to our life everywhere... We are very worried about our children — we feel restless until they come back from school.’

On Monday, two bombs planted 30 metres (yards) apart blew up within seconds of each other at the bustling Moon Market in central Lahore, engulfing the area in flames as people were milling around the shops and restaurants.

Police and rescue officials have put the death toll at 49 with 150 others injured, and government officials have blamed Taliban militants avenging a military offensive against them in the northwest.

‘You never know when the curse, the terror will hit and where. I lost several friends in the Moon Market bombing. Just 15 minutes before the blasts, I passed through that market,’ said Suhail Iqbal, a 48-year-old filmmaker.

‘Now the militants are targetting women and children. They want to destroy our families and it makes me more worry, everybody is worried.’

Residents have watched in recent months as road blocks, sand bags and blast walls have sprung up around the city, backing up already congested traffic where land cruisers compete for space with horse-and-carts.

Tahir Kamran, who heads the history department at Lahore’s Government College University, told AFP in an interview last month that militants wanted to destabilise Pakistan, and thus targeted Lahore.

‘Lahore is very, very important. In many ways it’s more important than Islamabad and Karachi because of culture, because now it has become the knowledge centre — opinion is formed mostly from Lahore,’ he said.

Many of the nation’s senior military figures also hail from Punjab province, of which Lahore is the capital.

In March, masked gunmen opened fire on the visiting Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore, killing eight people, wounding six players and destroying Pakistan’s hopes of hosting international cricket.

Similar commando-style assaults hit three police centres on October 15. Forty people were killed after gunmen attacked with suicide vests and grenades.

Although most Taliban attacks hit the northwest and are plotted in the tribal belt near Afghanistan, analysts say extremism has taken root in Punjab, the most populous province in Pakistan.

Its residents are taking no chances. Taxi driver Mahmood has already lost a friend and a relative in bombings, and he says he must protect his family.

‘My wife and family members are avoiding bazaars and markets. We are living a restless life, a life of fear,’ he told AFP.

DAWN.COM | Metropolitan | Fear grips Pakistan?s cultural capital after attacks

Heartfealt condolences to your family emo_girl and your aunt especially. May God bless him and reward his mother and his family for their patience in this time of hardship. Heartfealt condolences to your friends' family and yourself Bezerk for your freinds' loss. May God forgive his sins and grant strength to his family to overcome this tradegy.

We can never expect to understand how you feel but can only express our words and prayers to those who lost their innocent family and friends in these senseless attacks.

inna lillahi wa inna ilayhee raji'oon.

These militants are getting desperate and its just that these are InshAllah the last nails in their coffin. Its always darkest before the dawn. And after every hardship there is ease.

One of our forum Member has also Died

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members/fc-20.html

He was Visiting Lahore & .....

He was the only Child of his parents

His Father Died in Blast in Marriott & now He himself passed away

Jus think what will be the condition of his mother, her only Hope has been Annihilated & a sweet home destroyed coz of these Idiots :'-(

Jus remember him in your prayers...

Extremely sad to hear this, and felt deep pain after seeing photos on innocent women and children been attacked.

Humans are becoming devil by the day, we need to discover the human aspect within. It is easier to hate difficult to love.

This is not the first time, I have seen someone from forum directly impacted by a blast. This goes to show how widespread it is, God show us the path that leads to humanity.

By Arshad Dogar

LAHORE: The death toll from the twin blasts at the Moon Market rose to 54 with 150 people injured while police and the Bomb Disposal Squad have confirmed that the blasts were suicide attacks.

Experts of the Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) and police were of the view that locally-made jackets weighing 10 kg explosives were used by the suicide bombers to rock the crowded shopping and parking areas of the Moon Market.

Talking to The News, a police investigator said the head of one suicide bomber was found intact which, along with other body parts, had been sent to a forensic laboratory for DNA tests. He said the age of suicide bomber, who exploded suicide jacket at parking area of the market in front of the Muslim Commercial Bank, was between 17 and 20 years. To a question, he said apparently, the suicide bomber belonged to the tribal areas. He said the body parts and head of the other suicide bomber could not be identified.

may God bless Pakistan and her people and remove the plague which is haunting our sister nation. emo and bezerk i wish you and your family strength and courage :pakistan:

Death toll rises to 49 in Moon Market blasts

LAHORE, Dec 8 (APP): The death toll has risen to 49 in last night’s twin bomb blasts in Moon Market, Allama Iqbal Town here.

According to DCO Lahore, Sajjad Bhutta the dead included 13 women and seven children, while 180 received injuries in these two powerful bomb blasts which ripped through the busy market place Monday night.

This strike was the second terrorist attack in Iqbal Town. On August 13, a suicide bomber blew himself up at the same market, killing nine persons, including two children as well.

Lahore blasts caused by suicide bombers: police

LAHORE: Blasts which killed 51 people and engulfed a busy market in flames in Lahore were caused by two suicide bombers, police and bomb disposal experts said Wednesday.

The two explosions hit within seconds of each other as shoppers and diners milled around the popular Moon Market on Monday evening, with government officials blaming Taliban fighters avenging military operations against them.

‘Now it has been confirmed that two suicide bombers carried out these attacks. We have made some arrests but as yet there is no major breakthrough,’ said Chaudhry Shafiq, a deputy police chief in Lahore.

He said that the death toll from the blast in the nation’s cultural capital had risen from 49 to 51, with the two bombers also killed and about 140 people wounded.

Mazhar Ahmad, who heads the bomb disposal squad in Lahore, said ball bearings and grenades were found at the blast site, indicating that the two attackers were wearing suicide vests packed with deadly explosives.

‘Both the blasts took place in a highly crowded area. The second blast was near an electricity pole causing an electric short circuit and triggering the fire,’ he told AFP.

‘The fire caused by the blasts and short-circuit engulfed the whole area and caused severe damage,’ he added. ‘Had we succeeded in controlling the fire in 10-15 minutes, the human loss would have been less.’

The Lahore blasts were part of a surge in militant strikes this week, with a suicide bombing in Peshawar on Monday killing 11 people, a senior hospital official said, updating the previous death toll of 10.

Then on Tuesday, two suicide attackers firing rockets and guns drove up to the offices of Pakistan’s main intelligence agency in Multan, before detonating their car bomb and killing 10 people.

‘Rescue workers have recovered another dead body of a woman. A total of 10 people were killed and 47 injured,’ said Multan police chief Saood Aziz, adding that four of the wounded were in critical condition. —AFP

Back
Top Bottom