What's new

KSA : Kingdom Tower (Mile-High Tower)

Its ok having beautiful towers and building , but time has change, even in US and Europe they are not making such skyscraper .As far as Al waleed , he is good businessman and has good team of US and European partner, but he is not industrialist . He invest the money in foreign ventures , but physically nobody is bring anything on home ground. Hope you are understanding my point.

It's not just a skyscraper. It is much more than that. The skyscraper will create thousands of jobs, tourism, publicity and is potentially a landmark that will pay itself and give profit for decades to come. Besides it will be part of the Kingdom City.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_City_(Jeddah)

People will always arrive to Jeddah since that is the transit city before people perform hajj in Makkah and Madinah. Besides Jeddah and the area is the biggest and most populous area in KSA and strategically important and the most cosmopolitan city in KSA.

They are making skyscrapers. Just not such projects because they are financially doing badly. During their heydays they were busy building and expanding everywhere. When you have the money you will use them. Otherwise when would you use your money then? They are to be used.

It is mainly the work of the Kingdom Holding Company.

Look, skyscrapers in KSA are very sparse. In fact only Riyadh are getting started on that department. Then compare it to China where skyscrapers are being built every single month.

Skyscrapers are a symbol of wealth. Look, I love ancient architecture such as the Yemeni world famous one and the Arabian one (still found largely in KSA) etc. but we live in a new world.

It's not just a skyscraper. It is much more than that. It creates thousands of jobs, tourism, publicity and is potentially a landmark that will pay itself and give profit for decades to come. People will always arrive to Jeddah since that is the transit city before people perform hajj in Makkah and Madinah. Besides Jeddah and the area is the biggest and most populous areas inside KSA and strategically important and the most cosmopolitan city in KSA.

They are making skyscrapers. Just not such projects because they are financially doing badly. During their heydays they were busy building and expanding everywhere. When you have the money you will use them. Otherwise when would you use your money then? They are to be used.

It is mainly the work of the Kingdom Holding Company.

Look, skyscrapers in KSA are very sparse. In fact only Riyadh are getting started on that department. Then compare it to China were skyscrapers are being built every single month.
But KSA is loaded with money , instead of giving donation to countries like Pakistan, Jordon , Egypt and making them habitual beggars . Built a industrial units in KSA and bring labor from these countries for short term and after the contract is over send them back to their respected country. That's how the US companies are working .
I think, I can give a good project to Saudi govt to make money. A labor vs trading commodity concept is brilliant idea .
Anyway you guys stick with topic , our discussion going little off topic. thanks

But KSA is loaded with money , instead of giving donation to countries like Pakistan, Jordon , Egypt and making them habitual beggars . Built a industrial units in KSA and bring labor from these countries for short term and after the contract is over send them back to their respected country. That's how the US companies are working .

Eh, once again it seems that you are ill informed. You don't think that we have enough of foreign Arab and non-Arab immigrants working inside KSA? We have 2 million ILLEGAL immigrants alone.

The donations that we are making cannot be replaced with what you are proposing. For example when we donated hundreds of millions of dollars to Pakistan during the earthquake - I even remember donating clothing etc. with my father 9 years ago or so, then that is the only solution to help the effected people. Not to invite more Pakistanis to work in KSA.

The unemployment rate in KSA ranges from about 6 to 10%. Youth unemployment is even higher. There are already enough of immigrants and foreigners living in KSA. Although they contribute positively for most and benefit themselves then this cannot go on since the population grown of KSA is significant and the local youth is desperate to get jobs. Not all people will become highly educated and those who don't have to do more manual jobs and they are heavily outsourced by foreigners willing to work under harsher conditions and for a much lower pay.

You did clearly not read my links. Several giant industrial cities in KSA are being planned and about to be built.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/243555-gcc-states-economy-development.html

What you mention is already partially happening. Especially in terms of the highly skilled work force from abroad.

Also KSA is a very generous country in terms of helping others and so are we citizens by large but there are limits to our wealth and everyone needs to fix their own backyard first.

Besides I really hope that when we some day become poor that other more richer countries will help us as we helped them in difficult situations.

Eh, once again it seems that you are ill informed. You don't think that we have enough of foreign Arab and non-Arab immigrants working inside KSA? We have 2 million ILLEGAL immigrants alone.

The donations that we are making cannot be replaced with what you are proposing. For example when we donated hundreds of millions of dollars to Pakistan during the earthquake - I even remember donating clothing etc. with my father 9 years ago or so, then that is the only solution to help the effected people. Not to invite more Pakistanis to work in KSA.

The unemployment rate in KSA ranges from about 6 to 10%. Youth unemployment is even higher. There are already enough of immigrants and foreigners living in KSA. Although they contribute positively for most and benefit themselves then this cannot go on since the population grown of KSA is significant and the local youth is desperate to get jobs. Not all people will become highly educated and those who don't have to do more manual jobs and they are heavily outsourced by foreigners willing to work under harsher conditions and for a much lower pay.

You did clearly not read my links. Several giant industrial cities in KSA are being planned and about to be built.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/arab-defence/243555-gcc-states-economy-development.html

What you mention is already partially happening. Especially in terms of the highly skilled work force from abroad.

Also KSA is a very generous country in terms of helping others and so are we citizens by large but there are limits to our wealth and everyone needs to fix their own backyard first.

Besides I really hope that when we some day become poor that other more richer countries will help us as we helped them in difficult situations.
I think your king is very soft with the people , that is the reason they are fail to produce skilled labor , since 1948 . Time for king to push these people by force for the better education . Lots of Saudi students comes to US , but majority of them literally waste govt money and more then 50 percent left the country without completing the education .
Never think that way , its era when brother hardly come to help the brother. You are talking about country.

I think your king is very soft with the people , that is the reason they are fail to produce skilled labor , since 1948 . Time for king to push these people by force for the better education . Lots of Saudi students comes to US , but majority of them literally waste govt money and more then 50 percent left the country without completing the education .

Never think that way , its era when brother hardly come to help the brother. You are talking about country.

Ok, it seems that you are back to your trolling days and you ignore all the facts I am showing you.

Besides we Saudis don't need more skilled LOCALS but less LOW-SKILLED immigrants so the local Saudi youth that is not academically educated is not outsourced by cheap foreign labour who are willing to work under much harsher conditions and for a pay that is 4 times lower.

Your "statistics" about Saudi students in the USA is just nonsense. Show me a real statistic (not an empty claim) that proves what you are saying. I studied one 1 at Stanford University in USA and I met several fellow highly educated Saudis. We have Saudi members here who study in the US and elsewhere and they tell about meting other Saudi students. I am currently studying in Denmark and although there are not many Saudis or Arabs from the ME - aside from a few Iraqis, then we are still present.

The scholarship system has been a giant success for decades now.

Ok, it seems that you are back to your trolling days and you ignore all the facts I am showing you.

Besides we Saudis don't need more skilled LOCALS but less LOW-SKILLED immigrants so the local Saudi youth that is not academically educated is not outsourced by cheap foreign labour who are willing to work under much harsher conditions and for a pay that is 4 times lower.

Your "statistics" about Saudi students in the USA is just nonsense. Show me a real statistic (not an empty claim) that proves what you are saying. I studied one 1 at Stanford University in USA and I met several fellow highly educated Saudis. We have Saudi members here who study in the US and elsewhere and they tell about meting other Saudi students. I am currently studying in Denmark and although there are not many Saudis or Arabs from the ME - aside from a few Iraqis, then we are still present.

these things don t need statistic . need personal interaction .

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/middle...om-tower-mile-high-tower-3.html#ixzz2ZRA2gZ9Z
If look at overall condition of KSA, nobody will believe you. May be Saudi end up marrying in west and settle down in EU and US . If I take your words that high level degree holders are going back to KSA, since last few decades , then still need skilled labor from other countries. Pakistan was created in 1947 , hardly any education system. Now Pakistani doctors and engineers can be seen all over europe and US. Pakistan made best skill force in hardly three decades........you need to do your home work and accept the deficiencies in your system. Something wrong somewhere in your system.

these things don t need statistic . need personal interaction .

If look at overall condition of KSA, nobody will believe you. May be Saudi end up marrying in west and settle down in EU and US . If I take your words that high level degree holders are going back to KSA, since last few decades , then still need skilled labor from other countries. Pakistan was created in 1947 , hardly any education system. Now Pakistani doctors and engineers can be seen all over europe and US. Pakistan made best skill force in hardly three decades........you need to do your home work and accept the deficiencies in your system. Something wrong somewhere in your system.

Sorry, are you alright? Excuse me, when you make untrue and pull out statistics from places where the sun never shines then nobody will take that seriously. You made a claim and the burden of proof lies with you. It can't be that hard to "proof" that "only" 50% of all Saudi students in the US finish their degrees.

Oh. More empty claims? Saudis don't migrate abroad to live and stay their forever. Mostly for studies or work. The Saudi diaspora tells its own story. Marrying non-Saudis/non-Arabs is fairly rare too.

There are 200 million Pakistanis and large diasporas in UK, KSA and elsewhere. Try to make more logical comparisons in the future.

Besides there are many highly educated Saudis abroad. Working and living. Besides the vast majority inside KSA itself.

For now we are doing pretty good and the results speak for themselves. Do changes and reform need to take place? Yes. Will they? Yes, when the people and society will be ready and there will be a necessity for it.

What a waste of money , instead bring in aviation plant , Boeing , Sukoi etc provide labor rest of poor arab countries and make multi billion dollar profit. If the ruling king has some sensible person, that one change the KSA into economic engine of Middle East.

I know that Al-Hasani answered your questions, but let me add one more thing. KSA refused to fund three projects in raw to build up skyscrapers, the only project that has been funded was KAFD.

Well, its true Saudi govt wants their students back in country at any cost.
A Saudi man is allowed to marry a foreign woman. However, she will not be legally recognized as his wife without approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Interior and perhaps some other governmental organizations.
If the marriage is not approved by the Saudi government, then the foreign wife is not legally recognized as the wife of a Saudi within Saudi Arabia. That means she could not travel and be with her husband in the Kingdom since it is against the law for unrelated men and women to be together. Additionally, without recognition of the marriage, she does not receive any of the benefits a legally recognized wife would be entitled.

Well, its true Saudi govt wants their students back in country at any cost.
A Saudi man is allowed to marry a foreign woman. However, she will not be legally recognized as his wife without approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Interior and perhaps some other governmental organizations.
If the marriage is not approved by the Saudi government, then the foreign wife is not legally recognized as the wife of a Saudi within Saudi Arabia. That means she could not travel and be with her husband in the Kingdom since it is against the law for unrelated men and women to be together. Additionally, without recognition of the marriage, she does not receive any of the benefits a legally recognized wife would be entitled.

How does that differ from other laws of other country in the fundamentals? The same procedure is followed in the West and in Pakistan from what I know of. Care to enlighten me?

You think that people can marry left and right abroad and just "import" their spouse to their country of origin and expect her to get the same rights as a citizen?

Yes, every country with just a little respect for itself wants to keep their talented citizens in their country so they can contribute. Some countries just fail massively in that department for example Iran. I mention them since I know that you like them for religious reasons, LOL.

Brain drain in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How does that differ from other laws of other country in the fundamentals? The same procedure is followed in the West and in Pakistan from what I know of. Care to enlighten me?

You think that people can marry left and right abroad and just "import" their spouse to their country of origin and expect her to get the same rights as a citizen?

Yes, every country with just a little respect for itself wants to keep their talented citizens in their country so they can contribute. Some countries just fail massively in that department for example Iran. I mention them since I know that you like them for religious reasons, LOL.

Brain drain in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Being Pakistani , never seen any problem. Nor govt of Pakistan interference ever been recorded . Well, obviously its strange that govt approve marriages .....well i don t have religious affiliation with Iran ,,,,with Arabia yes ,,,,all my holy places are there.

Being Pakistani , never seen any problem. Nor govt of Pakistan interference ever been recorded . Well, obviously its strange that govt approve marriages .....well i don t have religious affiliation with Iran ,,,,with Arabia yes ,,,,all my holy places are there.

Eh, so you are telling me that a Pakistani can marry an Indian national and take her to Pakistan without any approval from the Pakistani state? So you are saying that illegal immigration is lawful in Pakistan?

No, every government must approve marriages with foreigners. Are you really doing well tonight? Or living in the US?

Besides ask the user Yzd Khalifa whose mother is American. Let him explain it. My mother is "foreign" too - Yemeni although her father's ancestors came from Hejaz (Sadah family) to Tarim (hence why username Al-Hasani - mother's maternal family) while my maternal grandmother is from Sana'a.

Damn, that looks cool!
Reaching for the skies! I sure wish to be in that building. :)

Yeah, it must be quite something to be in a building that is 1 km tall. Just try to imagine the future. Maybe just the next 100 years or even more 1000 years. I wonder how the world will look like if there will even be a world?

Just compare the world today with the world that existed just 150 years ago!

Eh, so you are telling me that a Pakistani can marry an Indian national and take her to Pakistan without any approval from the Pakistani state? So you are saying that illegal immigration is lawful in Pakistan?

No, every government must approve marriages with foreigners. Are you really doing well tonight? Or living in the US?

Besides ask the user Yzd Khalifa whose mother is American. Let him explain it. My mother is "foreign" too - Yemeni although her father's ancestors came from Hejaz (Sadah family) to Tarim (hence why username Al-Hasani - mother's maternal family) while my maternal grandmother is from Sana'a.
Lots of Pakistani still go to India ..divided families, still get marry...no heard any problem yet. well...............................................lolz....my thoughts are pretty much free.

Back
Top Bottom