What's new

KSA discovers 100 billion barrels of crude oil along the Red Sea coast, ARAMCO pioneers new tech

100 Billion barrels of Oil, means that KSA can produce an additional 3 million barrels per day for 91 years..

Yes ,Arabs in general are known for being smart/good traders but you are not good nation builders ( sorry to say that ) . I think in nation building aspect we are little bit ahead of SA and both of us still way behind the west .

Venezuela have big problems with ideology of the west and some of their biggest oil fields are under 10km under sea . they are a few companies that have ability to make profitable oil production in their conditions possible. these companies are belong to the west .
They rely heavily on oil for building their economy .surviving under the nose of one the biggest empires in world's history was not a easy task for Venezuela till now .

Critics of our country are GOD given gifts for us :angel: . its like job of white hat hacker who find bugs in your software or website and reporting it to you . of course there will be side effects in short term but at the end they will immune our system .

I disagree with that notion seeing that our ancestors (the ancestors of modern-day Arabs) created the first real civilizations and nation states in the world. More "recently" (Islamic era) arguably the most successful, largest, richest, most progressive states of their time (Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid, Fatimid, Al-Andalus etc.) were led and ruled by Arabs. Sure it went downhill for us after the savage Mongols destroyed Baghdad in 1258 and ended the Islamic Golden Age and Islamic civilization as we know it and ever since it has not been up to the old standards to put it mildly. Then you had 4 centuries of stagnation in most of the Arab world for well-known reasons and in the past 150-100 years you have had colonization, wars and mostly newly established or newly reestablished (mostly the latter) countries which started from the very bottom once again. We are still in the infancy in that regard.

As for Iran, sure, Iran has been a more centralized state since the Safavids which centralized it (even after the overall bad rule of the Qajar's) but both of us, as you say, are a few decades behind the West. For instance KSA and its previous successor states (a lot) were only centralized fairly recently. Countries like Morocco and Egypt were centralized earlier (in the case of Egypt some 200 years ago) and in Morocco similarly. Oman is/was probably the most centralized Arab country of that era (1500-1900) and an naval empire/major power of its own as @SALMAN F wrote a nice post about some time ago.

Nation building also means a lot of things. Are we talking about infrastructure here? Services given by the state? The strength of state institutions? Visions? Progress in the past few decades? If that is the case I would claim that KSA and the GCC are among the best performing nations in the Muslim and developing world.

But yes, compared to the potential of many Arab countries, Arab leaderships have been highly incompetent and we have many examples of that. In this regard Iran is doing a bit member but if I am honest with you, a 80 million big nation with a lot of resources and a nation heavily modernizing in the 1960's and 1970's under the Shah, should have been doing much better here 50-60 years after if you ask me. You can say the same about most countries of the region. I am convinced that KSA would have been performing better in the past had our population been bigger. Sure, the average income would have been lower (but not by too much) but we would have gained many other positives. This is why I am happy that our populations are growing quickly in the Arab world but not out of control.

The best resource is your population.

Venezuela not being on friendly terms with the US is IMO an excuse. That should not have prevented them from reaching standards better than those of their neighbors.

Venezuela is a living proof of how important a sane leadership and a wise foreign policy is. You can work towards independence (whatever that means precisely) without shooting yourself in the foot which I believe is what Venezuela, Iran and many Arab regimes of the past and present have been doing or are doing while we speak.

As for criticism, yes constructive criticism is very important for personal development let alone that of a country and society. The problem is that people in our part of the world are very proud people so one should be careful with criticism. However admitting short-comings is a very important ability. We need to become better at this.

Last edited:
I supplied man power to aramco and many of its sub contractor from.pakistan :p do.u need any :D
ARAMCO (world pioneer along with a few others in the petrochemical and dare I say even chemical sector) are working on changing that and already progress has been clearly visible. A lot of it is not made public. Likewise this news was not given the publicity that it might have been given as well as older findings (not that long ago). My theory is that it is a leverage. Oil-hungry China and Europe versus the US and Russia who want their shares to remain. There is a lot of politics involved and which is also why I laugh when people say that for instance KSA and Russia relations are bad. KSA and Russia's interests in that field alone, probably outweighs most of that country's (Russia) interests with most other partners.

Having said that, KSA is moving away from oil at a very promising rate (take a look at the data of the recent state budget for this year, highest ever in history) and you will see that.

This is an additional bonus my friend but we will take it.

What an "enlightening", rather ignorant comment. Control your butthurt and you have seen nothing yet.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/made-in-ksa.475488/page-15

Read post 2 in this thread as well. Let's talk in 10 years time, shall we? OK? Now bye for now.:wave:

BTW KSA is already a "energy superpower" (whatever that is) and already a major regional military power. Yemen intervention (largest of its kind by any regional country) says hello but whatever. Can't reason with ignorants.

I supplied man power to aramco and many of its sub contractor from.pakistan :p do.u need any :D

ARAMCO is an international firm and employs people from all across the world. Male as female. There is no discrimination. Just like any other international firm. If you are capable enough you can apply for employment and if you are lucky you can get a job. It's a fantastic organization and very few past employees have any bad words to say.

Good work bro but also work towards creating/contributing something to Pakistan.

BTW Saudi Arabian firms and Pakistani firms (private) should work even closer and do more trade as well as individuals. I personally would be interested in such endeavors when I get more experience and reach a higher age. The sky is the limit really. Hard work and positive thinking can accomplish a lot in all areas of life.

That is my personal experience at least.

ARAMCO is an international firm and employs people from all across the world. Male as female. There is no discrimination. Just like any other international firm. If you are capable enough you can apply for employment and if you are lucky you can get a job. It's a fantastic organization and very few past employees have any bad words to say.

Good work bro but also work towards creating/contributing something to Pakistan.

BTW Saudi Arabian firms and Pakistani firms (private) should work even closer and do more trade as well as individuals. I personally would be interested in such endeavors when I get more experience and reach a higher age. The sky is the limit really. Hard work and positive thinking can accomplish a lot in all areas of life.

That is my personal experience at least.
Theres good income in manpower , we have been doing it.fot.ten years there are other things we r looking to.import.from saudia dates and my dads friend has recycled plastic piece factory

Anyways if u find any manpower demand let me know we share :)

Peak oil is not a concern... It's peal demand... Due to horizontal multistage fracking ... There is no shortage of oil and gas in the world.

Can we build some kind of tunnels and steal oil of KSA & Iran?

DUY5oImXcAAXVIx.jpg

Photo fitting for the statement.

Source:

But yeah, imagine a tunnel across the entire Arabian Sea and Gulf of Oman and a bit (some 500-1000 km) across mountains and deserts in Oman and UAE. Good luck.:D

Theres good income in manpower , we have been doing it.fot.ten years there are other things we r looking to.import.from saudia dates and my dads friend has recycled plastic piece factory

Anyways if u find any manpower demand let me know we share :)

Not involved in that sector (recruiting) bro nor do I employ anybody. I am a recently graduated chemical engineer and currently not based in KSA.

4m trees to be planted in Saudi Arabia by 2020
This reminds me of a hadith ie " The Hour (of Resurrection) will not occur..... until the land of the Arabs returns to being pastures and rivers."(Sahih Muslim).

This reminds me of a hadith ie " The Hour (of Resurrection) will not occur..... until the land of the Arabs returns to being pastures and rivers."(Sahih Muslim).

Strange when there are semi-tropical areas (half of the year) in large parts of KSA, Yemen and Oman and that the forest cover of the Arab world is almost the size of Pakistan. Or that some of the most fertile plains and agricultural areas in the world are located in the Arab world, not to mention the longest river (Nile) and some of the longest (Tigris and Euphrates).

Don't take every ahadith seriously. A lot of them have been forged. A lot of them go contrary to the Quran. One should be careful.

BTW there are plenty of trees (millions in fact) in the heartland of the Islamic world (Hijaz) and has been since time immortal. In fact the area was even greener 1400 years ago.

Anyway do you suggest that those 4 million trees should be destroyed once planted just to be sure?o_O

Or that nonsense hadith with the tall buildings when World UNESCO Heritage sites in the heart of Arabia (Petra, Madain Saleh, Bosra, Avdat etc.) were some of the tallest structures of the ancient world.

Or the first modern-day skyscrapers being built in Yemen (Hadhramaut) over 500 years ago which are also World UNESCO Heritage Sites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shibam

From the mouth of UNESCO itself (it's Youtube channel):

Surrounded by a fortified wall, the 16th-century city of Shibam is one of the oldest and best examples of urban planning based on the principle of vertical construction. Its impressive tower-like structures rise out of the cliff and have given the city the nickname of �the Manhattan of the desert�. Source: UNESCO TV / © TBS Produced by TBS Supported by Sony URL: http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/192/

Hilarious stuff IMO.

Goodbye and have a nice day and keep fantasying about the destruction of Arabs.:wave:

@SALMAN F

Last edited:
Theres no peak.demand and demand will always increase as population grows

Electricfication of the automobile industry which needs to take just 20% of the market will mark the peak demand for oil&gas. Demand will remain... However it will be in downward trend for a while.

The world is awash in oil and gas... It's the evolution of the renewables that will define the "race to the last barrel". Post oil and gas a lot of the hydrocarbons will be left in the ground.

Peak oil theory has been debunked.

Can we build some kind of tunnels and steal oil of KSA & Iran?
I thought Pakistan had more minerals than any other piece of world!
Didn't Thar coal have more calorific value than collective Saudi oil?
Didn't we had the third biggest gold reserves in the world?
Didn't we have the local human resource?
What's different that Saudi is progressing as leading state in world, while Pakistan is a failed state full of criminals.

Back
Top Bottom