What's new

KP to construct motorways under PPP mode

hydrabadi_arab

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: Public Private Partnership Committee of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Tuesday accorded approval for the construction of 360km long Peshawar-D I Khan Motorway and 30km Dir Motorway under Public Private Partnership mode.

The approval was accorded in a meeting of the Public Private Partnership Committee held here with Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mahmood Khan in the chair.

Besides, Provincial Minister Fazal-e-Shakoor Khan and Advisor to KP CM on Communication & Works (C&W) Riaz Khan, Chief Secretary Dr. Shahzad Bangash, Additional Chief Secretary Shahab Ali Shah, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Amjad Ali Khan, Secretaries Finance and C&W, Advocate General Shumail Butt, Managing Director (MD) Pakhtunkhwa Highway Authority (PKHA) and other committee members attended the meeting.

Briefing the forum about financial/technical feasibility and other aspects of Peshawar-D I Khan and Dir Motorways, it was told that both the projects were technically and financially viable. The 360 kilometres long Peshawar-D.I. Khan will be constructed at a total cost of Rs 261.6 billion.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2021

Peshawar - DIKhan Motorway is a big mistake as they already have Indus Highway N-55.

Instead they should build Peshawar - Zhob Motorway which will pass thru Kohat, Bannu, N. & S. Waziristan & will provide more benefit to such areas & will connect to Quetta & Gwadar in a shorter way.

Similarly, KPK / PR should rehabilitate old rail line & connect Peshawar to Quetta by building the missing links.

Peshawar - DIKhan Motorway is a big mistake as they already have Indus Highway N-55.

Instead they should build Peshawar - Zhob Motorway which will pass thru Kohat, Bannu, N. & S. Waziristan & will provide more benefit to such areas & will connect to Quetta & Gwadar in a shorter way.

Similarly, KPK / PR should rehabilitate old rail line & connect Peshawar to Quetta by building the missing links.
You are right Sir, that road or rail link will reduce the distance between Peshawar and Quetta. Which is now more than 24 through train. And if your purposed route would be active than it will shorten to less than half time. and it will also generate new economic activities in those areas.

Its only a mistake if big loan is being taken. If its being build on BOT basis then its great.

PESHAWAR: Public Private Partnership Committee of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Tuesday accorded approval for the construction of 360km long Peshawar-D I Khan Motorway and 30km Dir Motorway under Public Private Partnership mode.

The approval was accorded in a meeting of the Public Private Partnership Committee held here with Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mahmood Khan in the chair.

Besides, Provincial Minister Fazal-e-Shakoor Khan and Advisor to KP CM on Communication & Works (C&W) Riaz Khan, Chief Secretary Dr. Shahzad Bangash, Additional Chief Secretary Shahab Ali Shah, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Amjad Ali Khan, Secretaries Finance and C&W, Advocate General Shumail Butt, Managing Director (MD) Pakhtunkhwa Highway Authority (PKHA) and other committee members attended the meeting.

Briefing the forum about financial/technical feasibility and other aspects of Peshawar-D I Khan and Dir Motorways, it was told that both the projects were technically and financially viable. The 360 kilometres long Peshawar-D.I. Khan will be constructed at a total cost of Rs 261.6 billion.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2021

Kinda agree may be then can just update the indus highway as motorway almost runs parallel to it

But it is needed either an uograde or motorway

Kinda agree may be then can just update the indus highway as motorway almost runs parallel to it

But it is needed either an uograde or motorway

Highway cannot be converted in to motorway. Look at Karachi-Hydrabad motorway

Back
Top Bottom