What's new

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa residents show appreciation for police

Improved law and order
The KP Police have played a tremendous role against militancy, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Party Chairman Imran Khan said recently.

"The Police have wiped out terrorism," he said in Peshawar July 19. "They are a role model for police of other provinces."

Someone tell Taliban Khan army operation zarb-e-azb wiped out terrorism. He was against army operation against mazloom brothers but now take credit for wiping out terrorism :omghaha:

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa residents show appreciation for police

By Ashfaq Yusufzai

University students presented police with roses in appreciation for their sacrifices in the fight against terrorism.
6034-flowers1.jpg

A student of Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology presents roses to a police officer in Peshawar July 23. [Ashfaq Yusufzai]

PESHAWAR -- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Police have been drawing appreciation from all segments of society for their bravery against terrorists.

The latest group to formally recognise the sacrifices of police are the students of Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology in Peshawar, who visited several local check-points July 23 and presented roses to the police officers.

"We want to show respect to the police for their devotion to their duties due to which the people are fully secured," said Javeria Khan, a student who visited at least 20 check-points and handed flowers to police.

"Police perform duties day and night to provide security to the public," she told Pakistan Forward. "In the past few years, our police have arrested or killed several terrorists."

Serving with pride, bravery
Police Inspector Zahir Khan said that receiving flowers from the public gave him joy.

"They visited our police on University Road, Ring Road and cantonment areas and gifted flowers to acknowledge our hard work to maintain peace in the city," he told Pakistan Forward.

"Indeed, we feel proud after the goodwill gesture of the students," he said. "This will encourage us more, and our staff will leave no stone unturned to ensure the safety of the people."

Showering police with roses shows the level of confidence the students have in the police, said Khadim Hussain, a security analyst in Peshawar.

"It is a manifestation of the bravery shown by our police in the fight against militants that students are offering them flowers," he told Pakistan Forward. "These gestures tend to further encourage and embolden the police officers to take on insurgents more aggressively."

Police have thwarted hundreds of attacks in recent years, saving countless lives, he said. In addition, they are guarding schools and polio vaccination teams from terrorists.

"The police have improved professionally," Hussain said. "They have been tracking down militants in the whole province. In the past few years, they have foiled hundreds of terrorism bids by miscreants, and due to that they have earned huge respect."

"The law-and-order situation has improved because our police stand alert to face perpetrators of violence," he said.

Police are undeterred
Despite an endless spate of Taliban attacks, KP police officers are undeterred, said KP Director General of Health Parvez Kamal Khan.

"More than 40 police officers have been killed by the Taliban in attacks on polio vaccination teams since 2012 in [KP] and Sindh provinces," he told Pakistan Forward.

Nonetheless, police continue to guard health teams deployed to administer the oral polio vaccine to children and to ensure they stay safe from the crippling disease, he said.

"Police have played a significant role in our fight against polio," he said. "It is due to police that we ensured the recent vaccination of 5.4m children in the province."

Ahmed Ali, a lecturer at the Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Peshawar, praised the students for showering police with roses.

"Taliban militants have been killing police officers, attacking their vehicles and offices, but they never hesitated to perform their duties and safeguard the people," he told Pakistan Forward.

"The role of police in ending terrorism has been extremely praiseworthy," he said. "There were times when three suicide attacks took place daily, but the police stood like a rock and forced terrorists to flee for safety."

"We highly condemn Taliban militants for killing police and express solidarity with them," he added.

Improved law and order
The KP Police have played a tremendous role against militancy, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Party Chairman Imran Khan said recently.

"The Police have wiped out terrorism," he said in Peshawar July 19. "They are a role model for police of other provinces."

Khan’s party rules KP, one of the worst hit by terrorism. "We are glad that the people support their police. Not only [the fight against] terrorism but the law-and-order situation in general has seen marked improvement in the past two years,” he said.

Samiullah Khan Marwat, secretary of the Marwat Welfare Organisation, an NGO based in Lakki Marwat District, said his organisation provided assistance to displaced people from Waziristan with the help of security agencies and police.

"The situation is extremely good now due to police performance," he told Pakistan Forward. "Our police helped the displaced as well their hosts in villages."

"We hosted five families in a school in Lakki Marwat, where police provided us good security," he said. "On two occasions, the Taliban attacked the displaced people in the past two years, but police thwarted their attempts."
http://pakistan.asia-news.com/en_GB/articles/cnmi_pf/features/2016/08/18/feature-01
@Spring Onion @notorious_eagle @The Sandman @Moonlight @django
Other then good image they need to train well and equipped well on bases of countering terrorism

Wrong analogies.
Lahore and Quetta attacks were suicide attacks on soft targets that are difficult to deter.
Whereas APS , Budh beer and attacks like baacha Khan university were planned massacre that lasted for several hours and KPK police failed to stop any such attacks.

KPK police was not even part of operations conducted at APS, Budh beer and Bacha Khan attack. Pakistan army arrested and prosecuted the perpetrators whereas KPK police was just a silent spectators

First of all with regards to APS. KPK Police was still recovering at that time under leadership of IG KPK and when it came to Charsadda attack then it was KPK Police who had not only kept the attackers at bay from entering main buildings but also took out two of the talis and rest were flushed by PA upon arrival. In case of Badabher attack, KPK Police was given role of cordoning off the area and that is why not even a single tali managed to escape, nor any back up could arrive. But still the need improvement. But U wud appreciate one fact that the pace at which KPK Police had solved cases in record time and apprehended culprits in very short time, that is unmatched. Any other Police is nowhere near the performance of KPK Police right now in all aspects. Prove me wrong and I ll admit it there and then.

Other then good image they need to train well and equipped well on bases of countering terrorism

This is just one small step towards bigger goal.

First of all with regards to APS. KPK Police was still recovering at that time under leadership of IG KPK and when it came to Charsadda attack then it was KPK Police who had not only kept the attackers at bay from entering main buildings but also took out two of the talis and rest were flushed by PA upon arrival. In case of Badabher attack, KPK Police was given role of cordoning off the area and that is why not even a single tali managed to escape, nor any back up could arrive. But still the need improvement. But U wud appreciate one fact that the pace at which KPK Police had solved cases in record time and apprehended culprits in very short time, that is unmatched. Any other Police is nowhere near the performance of KPK Police right now in all aspects. Prove me wrong and I ll admit it there and then.

This is just one small step towards bigger goal.

It's same like elite in Punjab. But this should be implemented on ground reality so they safeguard the common man not like elite is left for protocol in rest of provinces at least all of young and newly joined policemen should be trained by this mode and safety and latest equipment should be provided

It's same like elite in Punjab. But this should be implemented on ground reality so they safeguard the common man not like elite is left for protocol in rest of provinces at least all of young and newly joined policemen should be trained by this mode and safety and latest equipment should be provided

Thats what I was talking about that elite police commandos in KPK are not just limited to VIP Protocol duties but they are regularly carrying out patrol duties even at night. In my area near Waziristan, I have seen them being deployed and used effectively even in suburb areas where Police usually wont go for patrols.

Thats what I was talking about that elite police commandos in KPK are not just limited to VIP Protocol duties but they are regularly carrying out patrol duties even at night. In my area near Waziristan, I have seen them being deployed and used effectively even in suburb areas where Police usually wont go for patrols.
Ahan mashaAllah that's one of great achievements of kpk government then !:cheers:

Ahan mashaAllah that's one of great achievements of kpk government then !:cheers:

ALHUMDULILLAH. Previously all markets in my place use to go dark at 9pm but now we can see cluster of shops and hotels at center of city remain open late till night to cater for any passenger vehicle etc if they need something. Prices of property have suddenly zoomed up and we are seeing lots of new housings being built around the newly established Police pickets esp in rural areas.

ALHUMDULILLAH. Previously all markets in my place use to go dark at 9pm but now we can see cluster of shops and hotels at center of city remain open late till night to cater for any passenger vehicle etc if they need something. Prices of property have suddenly zoomed up and we are seeing lots of new housings being built around the newly established Police pickets esp in rural areas.
It's long I didn't visited this place ,wl I am surprised and happy for u guys
Gud luck ,u guys need to play ur role for ur kpk and then pak

It's long I didn't visited this place ,wl I am surprised and happy for u guys
Gud luck ,u guys need to play ur role for ur kpk and then pak

Even with all these years of staying as backward and being exploited by likes of ANP against Pakistan, JUI(F), JI etc against Pakistan Armed Forces, robbed by politicians and shifting blame on Islamabad, there was not even a single instance when people of the area has ever spoken against Pakistan but when time came, they were all eager to fight alongside PA against any aggressor. I still recall a phone call received from a friend of mine from FATA after Mumbai attacks based escalation and his words still resonate in my ears as:

"We may have differences with Pakistan Army regarding carrying out of operations in FATA but thats our internal affair but if occasion came then we would fight alongside PA against any aggressor."

Nonetheless people have started to realize the importance of education in almost all KPK as in areas like Kark etc it has become sort of tradition that even if anyone does not want to go for any job in Govt sector etc, still its sort of mandatory that very boy and girl must at least pass FA/FSc. Media might be showing few examples of boy/girls going for higher education even living in mud houses but in our area this is normal. Normally people in other province ask politicians for jobs and contracts etc in return for their support but in our area they ask for Schools/tubewells, paving of roads sort of stuff. There is still long way to go but the seed has been sown and IN SHA ALLAH its only "aagay chal" from now on.

I just showed you the roaring success of tajarbakaar team

The tajarba was also displayed during Easter attack
Funny thing is that even though KPK advised against extending the stay of Afghans in Pakistan who are a direct reason of terrorism, NS extended it knowing well that these Afghans are involved in terrorist related incidents.

Currently KPK has the best police not including Islamabad.
Yh Islamabad police only can be seen on start of damne kooh road to stop people for money lol

Even with all these years of staying as backward and being exploited by likes of ANP against Pakistan, JUI(F), JI etc against Pakistan Armed Forces, robbed by politicians and shifting blame on Islamabad, there was not even a single instance when people of the area has ever spoken against Pakistan but when time came, they were all eager to fight alongside PA against any aggressor. I still recall a phone call received from a friend of mine from FATA after Mumbai attacks based escalation and his words still resonate in my ears as:

"We may have differences with Pakistan Army regarding carrying out of operations in FATA but thats our internal affair but if occasion came then we would fight alongside PA against any aggressor."

Nonetheless people have started to realize the importance of education in almost all KPK as in areas like Kark etc it has become sort of tradition that even if anyone does not want to go for any job in Govt sector etc, still its sort of mandatory that very boy and girl must at least pass FA/FSc. Media might be showing few examples of boy/girls going for higher education even living in mud houses but in our area this is normal. Normally people in other province ask politicians for jobs and contracts etc in return for their support but in our area they ask for Schools/tubewells, paving of roads sort of stuff. There is still long way to go but the seed has been sown and IN SHA ALLAH its only "aagay chal" from now on.
Kpk give alot to Pakistan other then silly jokes on Pathan , seriously they contributed along side other pakistanise,education ,health and economic strong infrastructure required for stable and prosperous region these are serious issues that need to deal with it and only loyal politicians to there people can achieve that ....

Someone tell Taliban Khan army operation zarb-e-azb wiped out terrorism. He was against army operation against mazloom brothers but now take credit for wiping out terrorism :omghaha:
He wanted to do dialogue so may be peace process prevail but dew to same elements whowere involved in derailing peace process with afg Talibans
So when it doesn't go through then operation was inevitable
It's nothing evil to start a dialogue if u think there is chance of hope for peace , it does not go through and everyone knows what happens next

Back
Top Bottom