What's new

Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa, new name for NWFP

I particularly joined this forum just to post a reply to this thread. NWFP should be renamed PAKHTUNISTAN, I don't give a damn to whoever not liking it. If you got a problem with that, then here is a solution, rename Panjab to something else, rename sindh to something else, and rename balochistan to something else, then I wouldn't have a problem with NWFP :). Until then, I don't buy your BS that Panjab means this or that or sindh means this or that or whatever. They are each named after the people living there not some damn rivers. Another thing is that I am all against terrorism and taliban/extremists, but how about the 'terrorists' in karachi (read the news, people are killed there everyday), how about southern punjab (home of "panjabi taliban" and also other extremist groups such as SSP, Jhangvi, Lashkar e Jaish etc), why not also go after them just like our brave army is doing in NWFP? Lastly but not least, if the current policies continue, I doubt if pakistan will progress/last any further. The whole system needs to be changed, otherwise, the future is bleak. I hope this will be by first and last reply.

I particularly joined this forum just to post a reply to this thread. NWFP should be renamed PAKHTUNISTAN, I don't give a damn to whoever not liking it. If you got a problem with that, then here is a solution, rename Panjab to something else, rename sindh to something else, and rename balochistan to something else, then I wouldn't have a problem with NWFP :). Until then, I don't buy your BS that Panjab means this or that or sindh means this or that or whatever. They are each named after the people living there not some damn rivers. Another thing is that I am all against terrorism and taliban/extremists, but how about the 'terrorists' in karachi (read the news, people are killed there everyday), how about southern punjab (home of "panjabi taliban" and also other extremist groups such as SSP, Jhangvi, Lashkar e Jaish etc), why not also go after them just like our brave army is doing in NWFP? Lastly but not least, if the current policies continue, I doubt if pakistan will progress/last any further. The whole system needs to be changed, otherwise, the future is bleak. I hope this will be by first and last reply.

its all gudd man.. its only your opinon.. I also agree since so many pashtun people live their, it shud be changed to Pakhtunistan. after all, its only a name.. Also, NWFP sounds so, not realistic. It sounds as if the guy who came up with this name was in a hurry and it was also the last second, and this NWFP is wat came to mind. we need a real name for NWFP, Pakhtunistan. Pujab, Balochistan, Sindh sound very good, so no need to change those lol...

Whilst I'm not a supporter of parties based on ethnicity (which by the way goes against the spirit of unity) this unfortunately is the reality in Pakistan. Please don't make NWFP an exception. Unfortunately, all other provinces in Pakistan follow the same thought. Every leader and party likes to brag about their province and their people. Just look at the elections. This disease has always existed all across Pakistan. The main question is whether we now want to exacerbate matters? I don't think so. Just let people vent their frustration through such little symbolic gestures which cause no harm. Pakistan is facing far greater challenges which need full attention. ANP, PPP, MQM etc. are all a reality. They are there and we have to make the best out of this situation.

But isn't Democracy is all about division to division, look at india, even USA, where blacks are afraid to vote for blacks, muslims looks for muslim leader, and so o on.. When we look at non-democratic countries let say KSA, we don't find divission at the people based on their ehticity or color. They all are just arabs.

Dude there won't be consensus on that name among other political parties (that's how politics work in democracy) and mind you Karachi faced far more lethal operations in 1990's.Nobody is talking about NWFP or Pushtuns here so chill and i agree punjab, balochistan as well as Sindh name should be changed to something else which is not related to ethnicity and same for NWFP.

Well you may represent the views of khattacks but there many pushtoons other then khattacks such as afridis, mohmands, bangash, yousufzoi and many others i doubt you speak for them, mind you khattacks were the weakest link of pushtoon family so not suprised at your comments.

Your brothers are being killed, deprived of their rights and you side with the people who we have nothing in common with from skin colour to language to culture.

some buddy check his id, maybe he belongs across the border.

so now you start the the afghani propaganda in the disguise of nwfp name change discussion

Dude there won't be consensus on that name among other political parties (that's how politics work in democracy) and mind you Karachi faced far more lethal operations in 1990's.Nobody is talking about NWFP or Pushtuns here so chill and i agree punjab, balochistan as well as Sindh name should be changed to something else which is not related to ethnicity and same for NWFP.

Well, "dude", as I wrote above, the current system needs to be changed then if the name can't be changed OR as you and I both agree, the name of Panjab, Sindh, and Balochistan needs to be changed. This will end the dispute then, and nobody would have any reason to whine anymore. Autonomy to provinces should be given, and give each province the right to have their own laws. We need something like the New Jersey Plan.

Do you think its fair that a quota system gives more to punjab as it has higher poulation?

Do you think democracy works when punjabis account for 60 plus percent of population?
The punjab did not demand quota system,it was shaheed bhutto who made the quota system.

Punjabis account for roughly 44% of population as par 1998 census which was rejected by smaller provinces who felt the census was engineered to maintain punjab hegemony.

ANP and PML (N) are just arousing sentiments of different ethnicities. Actually they just want to satisfy their voters. What would they suggest for Punjab where ppl speak Potohari, Punjabi and Sariaki. What about Balochistan where ppl speak Pushto more than Balochi besides Persian speaking Hazaras. Sindh where ppl speak Sindhi, Urdu, Punjabi, Pushto and Urdu. In my opinion Name of NWFP should be something related to history/ Geography even don't mind Afghania considering it to be A for Afghania in pAkistan. Must not create differences among ourselves for political interests of these RASCALS :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

By the way why can't they sit together and sort out Kala Bagh Dam which i reckon more emergent :coffee:

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

some buddy check his id, maybe he belongs across the border.

so now you start the the afghani propaganda in the disguise of nwfp name change discussion

Check what ever you like i am a pushtoon a yousufzoi pushtoon and part of the greater turanic family, there is no propaganda just facts and truth.

People of nwfp are afghans by decent wether you like it accept it or not i couldnt care less.

I am a pakistani and loyal to it, but is pakistan loyal to me?

Answer is no, pushtoon people are the butt of all jokes along balochs, eastern pakistanis have conspired to keep us down deny us our rights and justice.

People voted to join pakistan, we are a federation and if people decide to walk away from pakistan then thats your choice, and you or no one can stop that.

My brother is a turan, my brother is an afghan my brother is a pushtoon my brothers are not eastern pakistanis, they are just my countrymen. Countrymen who are taking money from outsiders to frame and kill my brothers and then they feed public will lies like raw is doing this doing that.

Well said bangash its good to know there are still proud and independent minded pushtoons out there, not like many who are diluted and have sold their brothers for modern day 30 pieces of silver.

By the way why can't they sit together and sort out Kala Bagh Dam which i reckon more emergent :coffee:

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

why would we want to sit down with anyone, its our land we call it what we like and no other has ay say cuz they aint of pushtoon or afghan/ turanic heritage.

Why should we care what punjabis or sihdhis think, dont trust these people our trust is balochs and people on the otherside of the western border. History has shown us not to trust anything from east.

People fear that naming nwfp afghania will mean afghanistan laying its claim to it, well its done for centuries.

Now aint naming missiles ghuri, ghaznavi, babur etc giving afghan the same reason, or has people of eastern pakistan have no glorious history so they decide to borrrow names from ours.

why would we want to sit down with anyone, its our land we call it what we like and no other has ay say cuz they aint of pushtoon or afghan/ turanic heritage.

Why should we care what punjabis or sihdhis think, dont trust these people our trust is balochs and people on the otherside of the western border. History has shown us not to trust anything from east.

People fear that naming nwfp afghania will mean afghanistan laying its claim to it, well its done for centuries.

Now aint naming missiles ghuri, ghaznavi, babur etc giving afghan the same reason, or has people of eastern pakistan have no glorious history so they decide to borrrow names from ours.

That is the problem. We cannot say that we are Pakistanis instead we are from NWFP, Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan.
What kind of history you have sir?
Aren't you Pakistani? Is your history different than the well being of Pakistan? I am not siding with Punjab..I am just asking aren't we suppose to be Pakistani?

Regards

That is the problem. We cannot say that we are Pakistanis instead we are from NWFP, Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan.
What kind of history you have sir?
Aren't you Pakistani? Is your history different than the well being of Pakistan? I am not siding with Punjab..I am just asking aren't we suppose to be Pakistani?

Regards

Because the name pakistan stands for inequality, injustice, opression. I am a muslim and then a pushtoon then a pakistani.

Why, because you only need to read history, eliminating names of pushtoon leaders fom bacha khan, killing of liquat ali khan, killing of akbar bugti, opressing people of east pakistan to speak urdu yet west pakistan spoke whatever it liked mostly punjabi to be truthful.

As far as history is concerned start reading from ghaznavi onward, mind you many before ghaznavi but lets start with him for islamic arguments sake, read and you shall understand.

Now does east side have history, yes they do history of being conquered.

Because the name pakistan stands for inequality, injustice, opression. I am a muslim and then a pushtoon then a pakistani.

Why, because you only need to read history, eliminating names of pushtoon leaders fom bacha khan, killing of liquat ali khan, killing of akbar bugti, opressing people of east pakistan to speak urdu yet west pakistan spoke whatever it liked mostly punjabi to be truthful.

As far as history is concerned start reading from ghaznavi onward, mind you many before ghaznavi but lets start with him for islamic arguments sake, read and you shall understand.

Now does east side have history, yes they do history of being conquered.

I have no answer. All I can say is best of luck. I thought being Muslim was important than the country but it is fine. You are entitled to your point of views! I hope you are right.
:tup:

It is never too late to go back. I hope you think again.
Pashtun/other tribes have "internal" differences and foreign media wants to point out that.
It is never too late!

Regards

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom