What's new

Khushwant Singh's desire to be buried in Pakistan comes true

History fail! Rig Veda was composed by pure Aryans not Pakistanis.:rofl:

You are confusing aryans with rig vedic. Aryan mean originals who spread indo-europeans languages, they didnt originate from Pakistan but current day central Russia. Rig vedic people originally also belonged to that group but after living 1000 years in Indus Valley and composing Rig Veda they became completly pure and ''Pakistani'' which also mean someone who is pure.

So obviously Pakistanis will claim Rig Veda because its work of our ancestors.

You are confusing aryans with rig vedic. Aryan mean originals who spread indo-europeans languages, they didnt originate from Pakistan but current day central Russia. Rig vedic people originally also belonged to that group but after living 1000 years in Pakistan and composing Rig Veda they became completly pure and ''Pakistani'' which also mean someone who is pure.

Interesting, thanks for the explanation.

Khushwant Singh's desire to be buried in Pakistan comes true

Lahore: A fistful of ashes of legendary Indian journalist and author Khushwant Singh have been brought to his birthplace in Pakistan's Punjab province to fulfil his desire to be "reunited with his roots".

"The son returned to his soil after 99 years," said Muhammad Hayat, ex-head master of the Government Boys High School Hadali, where Singh studied.

Hadali, some 280 kilometres from Lahore, is a town of Khushab district in Punjab province and was the birthplace of Mr Singh, who passed away on March 20 inNew Delhi.

His ashes were mixed with cement to fix a marble plaque under a Shisham tree where he played as a child.

Pakistani writer and columnist Fakir Syed Aijazuddin had brought Mr Singh's ashes from India to fulfill his desire to be "reunited with his roots".

The plaque reads: "A Sikh, a scholar and a son of Hadali Punjab. This is where my roots are. I have nourished them with tears of nostalgia."

After fixing the plaque, Aijazuddin read before the teachers, students of the school and locals the morning and evening prayers of the Sikhs.

Among the excited crowd were the headmaster and teachers who met Mr Singh on his last visit to Hadali in 1987.

"A large number of Hadalians turned up in 1987 to welcome Khushwant Singh at his hometown. Addressing us, Singh said as you go on pilgrimage to Makkah and Madina coming back to Hadali at the time of Maghreb of my life is my Hajj and my Umera (pilgrimage)," Muhammad Farooq Rana, headmaster of Government High School Hadali, recalled.

Talking to PTI, the headmaster said: "We were very much excited after learning that a fistful of ashes were being brought back to his birthplace. The people are proud of Singh."

"While installing the marble plaque, I felt Khushwant Singh's invisible presence among us. It was almost as if he had crossed the border with me just to be present at Hadali," Aijazuddin told PTI.

"Singh's readership knows no boundaries. He has as many admirers in Pakistan as he does in India. Perhaps this was another reason for his deep attachment to Pakistan and his origin.

"I when I last met with Khushwant Sahib in New Delhi on March 4 he expressed longing to be buried in Hadali. His family agreed to make available some of the ashes which I brought to Pakistan," he said.

Mr Singh's house is Hadali does not exist anymore. All one can find there are wild bushes and the plot belongs to someone else.

Born in 1915 in Hadali, Mr Singh was witness to all major events in modern Indian history - from independence and partition to the Emergency and Operation Blue Star - and had known many of the figures who have shaped it.
Khushwant Singh's desire to be buried in Pakistan comes true | NDTV.com
RIP

This is a good sign as the pro-Pak emotional generation is dying off. MMS is 81 and in a few decades they will be gone.
Indians, ones that do not see Pak emotionally will be in charge. Unbridled by the subcontinents history and western inferiority that the previous generation suffered from. Rationalism , pragmatism will be main stream at last.:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

What part of Rig veda do you follow? Do you worship fire?

We eat cow meat and bury our dear.
But,brother they are forbidden by rig veda. It is mostly about fire and nature worship. so how can you claim heritage to that you don't even follow over people that do?

But,brother they are forbidden by rig veda. It is mostly about fire and nature worship. so how can you claim heritage to that you don't even follow over people that do?

Rig Vedic people used to eat cow meat and bury dead, we still follow that tradition after thousands of years.

Rig Vedic people used to eat cow meat and bury dead, we still follow that tradition after thousands of years.
yes...so....
u mean Islam follow vedic culture.....:tup:

hey u are back in ur old self....good to see u.....:D:D

I never denied any issues.
You didn't accept them either.

Areesh said:
I am just saying worst has happened/is happening in your country so you shouldn't lecture us about minority and instead work hard to change things in your country(even if it is an impossible task).
Wow!!
The stats show otherwise.And I wasnt lecturing you,I just hinted on the condition of minorities in your country.
I think theres more intolerance towards minorities in your country than in mine,but yes in the same breath I would accept that in India there are some regions which're sensitive to communal riots.
Frankly the common man/ aam admi in India would hardly bother about itAnd IMO most of the riots are politically motivated.

Got no issues with Pakistani Hindus (our brothers) or even innocen average Indians hate your hinduvta thugs..
Dont worry we too hate our "hindutvawadis" and "Fatwawadis"

You didn't accept them either.

Wow!!
The stats show otherwise.And I wasnt lecturing you,I just hinted on the condition of minorities in your country.
I think theres more intolerance towards minorities in your country than in mine,but yes in the same breath I would accept that in India there are some regions which're sensitive to communal riots.
Frankly the common man/ aam admi in India would hardly bother about itAnd IMO most of the riots are politically motivated.

Saying politically motivated isn't going to change the gravity of the situation that muslim minority faces in India. The fact is riots in India are a bigger case than minor incident in Pakistan. As for the stats you haven't brought forward any stats. I would live to see such incident like Gujrat riots in Pakistan when at least 1000 people died in just a couple of days most of whom were Muslims.

RIP !!!
I wonder if he would've lived for so long had he been on the other side of the border.":sick:"
But glad that his last wish came true.He was lucky!!!

I didn't know that before that sick smiles is actually your face. Get well soon

I hope Muhajirs get justice, they deserve it.
The Great Muhajir Massacre of 1965 | MQM History

Hi clown, i am urdu speaking sindhi (Muhajir in your tiny brain clearance) i never hear any Muhajir Massacre in 1965 and nor any Pakistani in this world. So your this clown act is not working, please try later

Oppressed as being richest religious group, chief of army and holding the highest position in the land?:rofl:

And still no justice to their own community. What a pity. India is a funny place

Last edited:
Its wrong to call vedic religion which majority of follow as Hinduism. The world Hindu doesn't appear any of our ancient religious books. The word Hindu was used by ancient Persians to describe all inhabitants of South Asia which at that time included significant proportion of Buddhists. Hindu word in our constitution is an umbrella term used to describe all religious belief which originated in India like ancient Vedic religion, buddhism, sikhism, Jainism, brahmos, lingayats, Ambedkarites, and hundreds of small, remote isolated tribal religions

So that it become majority and can say that it is our birth write to rule the country and for that they divide India into parts so that other groups can't claim that. It is not a theory and it was Mr. Sardar Patil who stated that and Mr. Nehru who follows and they both screw Mr. Jinnah in 1928's and then Mr. Jinnah asked for separate state. You can't hide truth and it will reveal again and again

Back
Top Bottom