What's new

Khattak dance

Samandri

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
People often confuse Khattak dance with general Attan. Khattak dance is different, it has unique dance and play of swords involved in it , and most importantly its inventors are Khattaks.......its specific to Khattak tribe. Following is the video of Khattak dance, that was played in old event of our Marwat nite celebration.

People often confuse Khattak dance with general Attan. Khattak dance is different, it has unique dance and play of swords involved in it , and most importantly its inventors are Khattaks.......its specific to Khattak tribe. Following is the video of Khattak dance, that was played in old event of our Marwat nite celebration.

Definitely would not want to face these guys in a fencing contest.

Khattaks used to do this dance before battles, as warm-up.

Khattaks used to do this dance before battles, as warm-up.
why other tribes despise them for doing this Khattacks dance and they were considered less martial for their love for dancing/music etc

I used to confuse Kathak dance with Khattaks dance :D

Don't mind him. He's a Wahabo-Deobandi zombie. We have a few million of them. Not to worry, they, along with their kin will be exterminated in due time.

And what is haram or vulgar about it,devlish tunes?

Allah-u-akbar, brother......... now shoot yourself in the mouth, but before that cut off those infidel fingers that typed all that blasphemic shit. Talibitch! :D
hahaha man i was merely emulating what most pukhtoon people comment on things related to 'modren' and 'westren' cultural topics such as dance and music. im not zarvan's kind if thats what you thought. :D

Khattaks of today are much too focused on academics :(

I used to confuse Kathak dance with Khattaks dance :D
im mortified!

I really cant understand why people just cant accept and live with diversity...why dont some EVER learn :tsk:

Khattaks of today are much too focused on academics :(

im mortified!
Though they enlist themselves in Pakistan army in very large numbers. But the typical "Sarkash" سرکش , unruly and tribal warring elements have been watered down. Their chief Malik Akorra used to carry out raids into Sind-Sagar Doab and was notorious for killing Hindus. When Akbar came to Attock , he summoned him and asked him whether the allegations against him were true. He said yes, Akbar asked how many Hindus he has killed?. Malik Akorra said countless, but with his own hands , he has killed numerous Hindus, he cuts down the ears of those killed by him and keeps it and a bucket is filled with it. Akbar forbade him from raiding and plundering into the other side of Indus and gave him the task of defending the road from Attock to Peshawar and the task of keeping Yousafzais in check. This event is related in Tarikh-i-Murassa. The "ferocious" Khattaks became tools of Mughals and troubled the Yousafzais for long, used to burn down their villages and captured many Yousafzai villages deep down in Swabi and Mardan (enclaves of Khattaks still live today there). Khushal Khan Khattak in his poetry says that, when he was a stooge of Mughals, he killed thousands of Pashtuns . In Swat-nama he says

Pushtana me pa zargono dee wajalee
Pa saroono ba ye khra ghwaya lwashalee
(" I have killed thousands of Pashtuns, so much so that the animals used to walk over their dead bodies")

Laa tar wosa da saroono yai anbaar de
Pa Attak pa Peshawar ke yai Minaar de
(" Even now there are heaps of their skulls, while in Attock and Peshawar one can see their skull-towers still in existence")

Ka Maghul sara zama da zra ikhlaas wai
Khudai khabar de ka Pushtoon zama na Khlaas wai

("Had I been loyal to the Moghals,God knows if any Pashtun could have been safe from my sword")

Back
Top Bottom