What's new

KFX/IFX News and Development

Congratulation to Indonesia. it will be the first in South East Asia to manufacture fighter jet (in mass scale level), if the project is going to succeed.

Thanks mate. Actually if successful, the program will give many benefit to Indonesia inshaALLAH. Not only in manufacturing some part and assembling process, but also in designing capability of our engineers. In this regard, the capability to design Stealth aircraft. In the first phase of development there are around 30 designers participated and now as the project enters its second phase, there have been around 80 designers who are participating. In the peak of development, there will be 200 Indonesian engineers participating according to Indonesian official. 200 engineers who has experience to design Stealth fighter will be our biggest asset in our aviation industry.

Beside that there is possibility that this aircraft use radar absorbent material, if this is the case I hope Indonesian engineers get transfer of technology as Indonesian has the right to produce some part of the fighter according to the agreement. PT Dirgantara Indonesia who is involved in the program also want to have the ability to up grade the aircraft. If we have up grade capability it also means that our air force will get some boost as it will be difficult to predict our air force capability as upgrading can be done in secret.

So I hope the program can be successful and able to produce a lethal and sophisticated fighter.

Last edited:
Why not? Besh wiahes from Vietnam. Waiting for the first stealth fighter manufactured in South East Áia.

South Korea is dead fish without USA help.

Why not? Besh wiahes from Vietnam. Waiting for the first stealth fighter manufactured in South East Áia.
this project had lots of uncertainty, it depends on American attitude.

Thanks mate. Actually if successful, the program will give many benefit to Indonesia inshaALLAH. Not only in manufacturing some part and assembling process, but also in designing capability of our engineers. In this regard, the capability to design Stealth aircraft. In the first phase of development there are around 30 designers participated and now as the project enters its second phase, there have been around 80 designers who are participating. In the peak of development, there will be 200 Indonesian engineers participating according to Indonesian official. 200 engineers who has experience to design Stealth fighter will be our biggest asset in our aviation industry.

Beside that there is possibility that this aircraft use radar absorbent material, if this is the case I hope Indonesian engineers get transfer of technology as Indonesian has the right to produce some part of the fighter according to the agreement. PT Dirgantara Indonesia who is involved in the program also want to have the ability to up grade the aircraft. If we have up grade capability it also means that our air force will get some boost as it will be difficult to predict our air force capability as upgrading can be done in secret.

So I hope the program can be successful and able to produce a lethal and sophisticated fighter.
it’s not realistic. Korea and Indonesia lack major components, without them the jet will be a dead fish, as the Chinese poster above says. The best thing Korea and Indonesia can do is designing the hull by copying the F35 design, while hoping the US and other western companies will provide everything else from engine to avionics to landing gear. I am pretty sure Vietnam engineers can develop a prototype of a stealth fighter, too. Actually everyone can.

F35 will cost $80 million a piece by 2020. It’s better to buy F35 then spending billions USD on developing an inferior copy. at the end you would probably pay 120 million USD a piece for a lame domestic bird with downgraded western tech.

it’s not realistic. Korea and Indonesia lack major components, without them the jet will be a dead fish, as the Chinese poster above says. The best thing Korea and Indonesia can do is designing the hull by copying the F35 design, while hoping the US and other western companies will provide everything else from engine to avionics to landing gear. I am pretty sure Vietnam engineers can develop a prototype of a stealth fighter, too. Actually everyone can.

F35 will cost $80 million a piece by 2020. It’s better to buy F35 then spending billions USD on developing an inferior copy. at the end you would probably pay 120 million USD a piece for a lame domestic bird with downgraded western tech.

The West (and their paid mouthpiece) always says the same things about every other ones, which is going to compete with them, from the Soviets, then Japan, then China, then perhaps Korea and Indonesia. Your words are not welcome here.

The IQ=95 American can only design and manufacture a poorly quality F-35, but I believe Korean + Indonesian can make a better one, given time and money, plus political will (the most important), just like Japanese Mitsubishi F2 was actually superior than F-16 (although it was designed to replace F-16). But unfortunately, Japanese government was (and is) just a lapdog of the US.

The West (and their paid mouthpiece) always says the same things about every other ones, which is going to compete with them, from the Soviets, then Japan, then China, then perhaps Korea and Indonesia. Your words are not welcome here.

The IQ=95 American can only design and manufacture a poorly quality F-35, but I believe Korean + Indonesian can make a better one, given time and money, plus political will (the most important), just like Japanese Mitsubishi F2 was actually superior than F-16 (although it was designed to replace F-16). But unfortunately, Japanese government was (and is) just a lapdog of the US.

He said all the internal organs of the plane would be western made, which going by both de facto n past track record- is true. Even the engine in the fa50 today is GE 404.

How come u r not refuting his points head on directly?Blablablabla~ just a bunch of longwinded, evasive, angry n rant-tiful roundabouts.

Last edited:

What components of the future KFX jet will be made in Korea? What idea and components Indonesia will contribute into the jet development?

Set aside your rants as well as some fancy drawings we have seen, people won’t see much worthy.

Or do I miss anything?

Your country even can't design a proper simple APC till today, let alone an aircraft. That's a FACT. Even for your national car you bought the German design as a whole and put viet stample on it.

Well, we must start from some where right to develop a Stealth Fighter. We cannot wait until we can develop turbofan to power the fighter. It will be too long if we wait until all component can be produced at home. We must start from where we can actually do. It is just like when Indonesia decided to develop CN 235 with Spain, our contribution mostly on design and manufacturing ability (making air frame, assembling, and integration) plus financing. When PT Dirgantara Indonesia try to develop CN 235, N 250, N2130, N 219, N 245 and MALE UCAV (joint project with Turkey) it also means we develop our own aviation industry just like Airbus and Boeing do. Airbus and Boeing doesnt produce jet engine and avionics right ?

When Today we try to make jet fighter, it means we try to make our own version of Lockheed Martin (jet fighter producer). So there will be a jet fighter department in PT Dirgantara where in the department the engineers are focus on building jet fighter. Having a jet fighter department means that we will have some people who will dedicate their time in building jet fighter, also a dedicated test pilot. We prepared about 4 jet pilots for KFX/IFX, 3 persons are from Indonesian Air force (who will pursue Aviation degree in ITB (Bandung Institute of technology) and 1 from PT Dirgantara Engineer (who will purse jet fighter education in Air Force). PT Dirgantara is also likely to become a maintenance center of KFX/IFX in South East Asia. It means we also likely to have expertise and experience in handling F 414 turbofan. It also means our goal to produce jet fighter by ourselves is much much closer than a country like Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam etc.

KFX/IFX is not using F 35 design but instead using F 22 design as a base. F 35 doesnt mean to be an air superiority fighter, it has weakness in its design due to its ambitious plan to serve air force and navy in the same time with its STOL technology. And we know that F 22 cannot be sold outside US.

Talking about other component like avionics, actually South Korea will try to make the AESA radar and the cockpit. South Korean is also trying to make AA missile for KFX.

KFX Cockpit (South Korean made)

KFX+cockpi.jpg

For the Indonesian, we maybe use Indonesian avionics company (PT Info Global) to make our IFX cockpit but we dont know yet whether it will be actually happened or not. IFF is also planned to be made locally by PT LEN Industry.

Info Global cockpit model for IFX

IF-X-cockpit-configuration-on-show-_ID14D2_.jpg

Last edited:
Well, we must start from some where right to develop a Stealth Fighter. We cannot wait until we can develop turbofan to power the fighter. It will be too long if we wait until all component can be produced at home. We must start from where we can actually do. It is just like when Indonesia decided to develop CN 235 with Spain, our contribution mostly on design and manufacturing ability (making air frame, assembling, and integration) plus financing. When PT Dirgantara Indonesia try to develop CN 235, N 250, N2130, N 219, N 245 and MALE UCAV (joint project with Turkey) it also means we develop our own aviation industry just like Airbus and Boeing do. Airbus and Boeing doesnt produce jet engine and avionics right ?

When Today we try to make jet fighter, it means we try to make our own version of Lockheed Martin (jet fighter producer). So there will be a jet fighter department in PT Dirgantara where in the department the engineers are focus on building jet fighter. Having a jet fighter department means that we will have some people who will dedicate their time in building jet fighter, also a dedicated test pilot. We prepared about 4 jet pilots for KFX/IFX, 3 persons are from Indonesian Air force (who will pursue Aviation degree in ITB (Bandung Institute of technology) and 1 from PT Dirgantara Engineer (who will purse jet fighter education in Air Force). PT Dirgantara is also likely to become a maintenance center of KFX/IFX in South East Asia. It means we also likely to have expertise and experience in handling F 414 turbofan. It also means our goal to produce jet fighter by ourselves is much much closer than a country like Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam etc.

KFX/IFX is not using F 35 design but instead using F 22 design. F 35 doesnt mean to be an air superiority fighter, it has weakness in its design due to its ambitious plan to serve air force and navy in the same time with its STOL technology. And we know that F 22 cannot be sold outside US.

Talking about other component like avionics, actually South Korea will try to make the AESA radar and the cockpit. South Korean is also trying to make AA missile for KFX.

KFX Cockpit (South Korean made)

KFX+cockpi.jpg

For the Indonesian, we maybe use Indonesian avionics company (PT Info Global) to make our IFX cockpit but we dont know yet whether it will be actually happened or not. IFF is also planned to be made locally by PT LEN Industry.

Info Global cockpit model for IFX

IF-X-cockpit-configuration-on-show-_ID14D2_.jpg
= wishlist, not plan

we will
we can
we shall
we want

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wish_list

A wish list or want list is an itemization of goods or services that a person or organization desires. The author may distribute copies of their list to family, friends, and other stakeholders who are likely to purchase gifts for the would-be recipient, or to offer some of the listed items for sale. The goal of a wish list is to facilitate communication between the gift receiver and the gift giver. Wish lists often contain items that a gift purchaser can obtain from a variety of retailers. Some wish lists are specialized for particular purposes or concentrated at individual retailers, such as gift registries (e.g., bridal registries).

i think my personal wishlist is way longer than what your post has stated about indonesia's 'plans'

lol

Thanks.

Last edited:
= wishlist, not plan

we will
we can
we shall
we want

A wish list or want list is an itemization of goods or services that a person or organization desires. The author may distribute copies of their list to family, friends, and other stakeholders who are likely to purchase gifts for the would-be recipient, or to offer some of the listed items for sale. The goal of a wish list is to facilitate communication between the gift receiver and the gift giver. Wish lists often contain items that a gift purchaser can obtain from a variety of retailers. Some wish lists are specialized for particular purposes or concentrated at individual retailers, such as gift registries (e.g., bridal registries).

i think my personal wishlist is way longer than what your post has stated about indonesia's 'plans'

lol

Thanks.

What happen with this tiny Singaporean dude who uses Chinese movie star picture as his profile picture getting butt hurt on South Korean Indonesian stealth program :lol:

Look, we use "will" to show that the future belongs to the God will, as human we cannot act arrogantly, understand dude ?

Do you have any religion who can teach you manner ?

= wishlist, not plan

we will
we can
we shall
we want

lol

Thanks.

Many plans of our (in military planning )had come to fruition

Your country even can't design a proper simple APC till today, let alone an aircraft. That's a FACT. Even for your national car you bought the German design as a whole and put viet stample on it.
Ok I see our weakness however I don’t see any problem in buying western technology in making car then produce it. What is the point spending huge sum as well as decade of time to develop an inferior car that nobody wants to buy?

Same with aircraft. I read everything from the future KFX jet is imported, even the wheels.

Without US jet engine, the bird won’t take off, not even in 100 years.

Ok I see our weakness however I don’t see any problem in buying western technology in making car then produce it. What is the point spending huge sum as well as decade of time to develop an inferior car that nobody wants to buy?

Same with aircraft. I read everything from the future KFX jet is imported, even the wheels.

Without US jet engine, the bird won’t take off, not even in 100 years.

As I said @Viet Indonesia has the company that is similar like Boeing and Lockheed Martin which is PT Dirgantara Indonesia who can design and manufacture aircraft. But as you also know, currently we dont have a company like General Electric that can make a turbofan like F 414 that will power the KFX/IFX (if the program successful).

We build from where we can do, and we are also helped by the South Korean who is developing AESA radar and some avionics. For your information, Indonesia can produce landing gear but dont know whether it will be used for IFX.

Talking about jet engine, we are also developing but still in research stage. We dont know when we will be able to develop turbofan engine for aircraft but at least we try to build jet engine for cruise missile first. From there we can hope that maybe someday we will be able to produce turbofan for jet fighter.

news_773.jpg

PT Dirgantara Indonesia has a subsidiary company which operate in turbine manufacturing and aircraft engine maintenance. The name of the company is PT Nusantara Turbine dan Propulsi. You can visit the website here http://www.umcntp.co.id/home

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom