What's new

Kejriwal's AAP's Resounding Victory Over Modi's BJP in Delhi

After lok sabha election countabe incidents has
taken place which has shown religious intolerance
which can't be directly held responsible to BJP,
but the party being on power at center, voters feel
that it is their duty to maintain religious tolerance

When you read or listen to all the analyses now, one have to ask if they had a strategy at all?

The first and most crucial mistake seems to be the dealy of the elections. If they had done it sooner after the general elections, they could had used the Modi wave in a far better way, than after 6 to 7 month later. Just as AAP wouldn't had the time to work so well in their election campaign as they did.

In December they then brought the PM and based the campaign on him, which didn't worked as visible in the rather low attendance election rallies, which lead to the Kiran Bedi move, to the surprise of it's own party base. So when the non BJP voter sees the BJP not only changing it's tactics, but getting somebody completely unrelated in and being not united on their own, why should they vote for them?

I even heared that they weren't able to publish a proper manifesto, which was not ready in time and then basically cut short to the vison document, which again doesn't show a proper strategy behind it. Add rather unexperienced CM candidate, the desperate move of getting all the ministers into the campaign and even the negative notion to attack AAP and Kejriwal, rather than showing alternative ways for Delhi could have played a role for non traditional BJP voters.
I concur!
BJP guys looked and sounded confused. Prior to the elections their confidence was low and add to it that Kiran Bedi did not receive the kind of support that she should've got from within the party.
I just hope Kejriwal doesnt disappoint this time, I dont 've the patience to watch his dramas and dharnas anymore. :tsk:

I concur!
BJP guys looked and sounded confused. Prior to the elections their confidence was low and add to it that Kiran Bedi did not receive the kind of support that she should've got from within the party.
I just hope Kejriwal doesnt disappoint this time, I dont 've the patience to watch his dramas and dharnas anymore. :tsk:

Kiran Bedi signed off her campaign as follows: 'It was not my loss, it was BJPs loss. We need to introspect' :) . I think I understand why BJP guys was confused, low confused etc.

When you look at him and the AAP since they left government and during the election campaign, do you see any changes improvements? Did they learned from their mistake and what is the least that you expect from them?

I concur!
Kejriwal will be fine.. he can always make a u-turn & claim that Delhiiets did not vote for any political party.. but for Santa Claus, to claim freebies... & Santa is not real! :enjoy:

When you look at him and the AAP since they left government and during the election campaign, do you see any changes improvements? Did they learned from their mistake and what is the least that you expect from them?

I did not follow the election campaigns but I did hear Kejriwal repeating his sentence that "dharna toh karenge". Seriously???
Kiran Bedi signed off her campaign as follows: 'It was not my loss, it was BJPs loss. We need to introspect' :) . I think I understand why BJP guys was confused, low confused etc.
hehehe
She's right, this election would soon be forgotten and Kiran Bedi will be back to what she was doing. But the BJP guys do need to introspect and mind their hubris. Lol

TejasMk3 said:
Werent we discussing conversion issues and the hypocrisy of the media wrt the same?

Minister spewing venom is different, my issue with the initial comment was blaming reconversion plans. Anyone who lives in India knows about how conversions happen by certain communities, and to single out one that is least involved in such things is just media nonsense.
Whether you want to believe it or not, if BJP is not able to control the loose tongues of its ministers and supporters then such peccadilloes 're gonna hurt BJP real bad.

A population that votes on promised freebies rather than a wealth creating economy is destined to stay poor.

Goodluck Delhi.Also bjp promise and campaign was not well organized......
Respect verdict of delhi election.Lets see what will happen

But did it work?
No!
So its high time BJP cogitated over it and came up with a better strategy next time.

I was told by a fren that BJP did not loose its share of votes but at the same time it could not canvass those who planned an anti- congress vote.
How do you know it didn't work?
When 70% of Muslims and Christians vote for AAP ,BJP core vote share was the same,the 15 % swing happened from Congress vote share,you can say congress didnt fight because they wanted to prop up AAP .SP+JD(U)+BSP+CONGRESS+NCP+Muslims+Christians+CPI+CPI(M)+MIM+DMK+TMC all VS BJP:woot: and many smaller parties supported Aap, even after all that support BJP managed to retain its vote share 32% as last time tells you something how loyal the core voter base of Bjp is (Hindutva).
Aap had 9 months to canvass, while bjp took serious campaigning only in January after winning Maharasthra,Jharkhand,Haryana,J&k, That is winning 4 states in 9 months.Even after that they still have same vote share in Delhi. So you tell me did it work or not?
Hindutva crowd don't change allegiance that fast as Seculars,libtards or others do like monkey jumping from tree to tree.
Tell you one thing i been following elections since 1998.
This election was the first time i had a chance to vote in 2014LS, and all those years i supported BJP and you know what, i made many people join hindutva camp and none of them went to a sickular camp even though we were out of power for 10 years and kept losing.There is only joining hindutva no going back 8-)
So now you know how strong our will is. :lol:
When i say Hindutva is the core ideology of BJP it is a fact.

so,,,what is it???
u want anti conversion bill or not?
You decide, do you want Anti-Conversion bill or not?If you don't want then dont cry only for Ghar Wapsi while turning a blind eye to Conversions done by Churches and Muslims.
we can continue this 'Ghar Wapsi' two can play this game.
This called equal response,TIT FOR TAT!
Offensive Defence is also based on this strategy ;)
You poach ours, we poach yours.:lol:

You think only media is to be blamed for everything thats going wrong?
Ramzada - haramzada statement by BJP's union minster is enough to prove that some of its own elements 're earning BJP a bad name.
MIM head Asaduddin owaisi says every person is a born muslim and later changes his religion, But there was no HOOHAAA!
or rivers of blood being cried by Media, and MIM supported AAP in Delhi.
So you tell me, if owaisi,Azam khan and other secular statements are kosher, then Ramzada -haramazada by Sadhvi is also kosher,
What is good for the goose is good for the gander

With the political vacuum left by Congress, there is bound to be a new opposition to BJP. Many members of my family who are staunch Congress supporters would never vote for the BJP. In the event that Congress has to re-invent itself, AAP maybe the best platform for it to look towards. With AAP's clean administration image and its packages for the poor. Congress's dented image may perhaps be saved by merging with AAP
Even my Family were hard core congress supporters and some 1-2 old ones still vote for Congress even now, but rest of my family(130+ people) they all vote for BJP now, because i changed and convinced them to change to BJP camp.
Changes come, but do you have the will to change that is the question.

Last edited:
Nope...she doesnt deserve this at all.
May be BJP but not her.
She was good but chose the wrong party at a wrong time... So in a way she deserves every bit of it.

A population that votes on promised freebies rather than a wealth creating economy is destined to stay poor.

Goodluck Delhi.Also bjp promise and campaign was not well organized......
Respect verdict of delhi election.Lets see what will happen
So why did the High income voters chose Kejriwal. Is it because they were to get freebies....??

Poor, rich, middle-class: All for Kejriwal | Business Standard News

Whether you want to believe it or not, if BJP is not able to control the loose tongues of its ministers and supporters then such peccadilloes 're gonna hurt BJP real bad.
Yeah some sections would like to keep the "Idea of India" under siege by hindutva narrative going, through anyway possible. :p
Also since you used a Mahabharata comparison, How shouldve Yudhistra played against shakuni in the game of dice, where the dice was rigged to go against him no matter what?
That is basically the perception game in the currently existing english media, you cannot win it.

Last edited:
Interesting how all the India haters/jihadis/commies are cheering :coffee:
Commenting on an event equates to cheering of India haters/Jihadis/Commies? Certain morons and bigots will never learn, and cease to amaze and amuse the rest. :tdown:

The common theme of the thread is all Delhites are idiot and they voted AAP because Kejriwal promised them freebies, while forgetting its the same delhites who voted BJP in 6 out of 7 loksabha seats in last parliamentary election.

It is stupid and juvenile for someone to say delhites voted AAP only for freebies, yes freebies did effect the outcome but aap had to present their argument with a sense of credibility which Delhites dared to hope. Now it's for them to prove themselves and time will tell, democracy has a tendency to mend itself.

Also its not only the lower strata of people who voted AAP but majority of middleclass also voted AAP.

Let me present some statistics - in 2013 bidhansava, BJP got around 34 percent of vote, in 2014 loksabha, at the helm of Modi wave, BJP got 46 percent of votes and won 6 out of 7 seats. In 2015, BJP once again went down to 33%. So the loyal voters of BJP didnt desert the party, but the floating voters, whom Modi was able to convince to vote for his no nonsense pro development agenda, shifted towards AAP because of what seem to be their disillusion towards 9 months of BJP rule.

Anyone who is saying Delhites are anti nationals or Jehadi for voting AAP is simply a disgrace for the nation.

Anyway my congratulation to people in Delhi and hope AAP delivers to their promises. As a Bengali, we once used to pride ourselves on our forward looking ability and being one step ahead of others. Its sad that we now reduced to frogs of well and cant look beyond the lunacy of Mamata and dogmatism of Marxists who just failed to evolve. Thank you Delhi for showing the way.

@SarthakGanguly : What happened to you man. We used to disagree with each other but you have always been calm and composed with your posts, why this sudden surge of hormone and "mar denge kat denge" posts! :P

Hindus are not in any danger of extinction, chill dude.

Last edited:
How do you know it didn't work?
When 70% of Muslims and Christians vote for AAP ,BJP core vote share was the same,the 15 % swing happened from Congress vote share,you can say congress didnt fight because they wanted to prop up AAP .SP+JD(U)+BSP+CONGRESS+NCP+Muslims+Christians+CPI+CPI(M)+MIM+DMK+TMC all VS BJP:woot: and many smaller parties supported Aap, even after all that support BJP managed to retain its vote share 32% as last time tells you something how loyal the core voter base of Bjp is (Hindutva).
Aap had 9 months to canvass, while bjp took serious campaigning only in January after winning Maharasthra,Jharkhand,Haryana,J&k, That is winning 4 states in 9 months.Even after that they still have same vote share in Delhi. So you tell me did it work or not?
By now I've read this about a 100 times.
The party can console itself by assuming that it did not loose a huge chunk of votes but at the same time it did not gain any, while AAP gained all the votes which were supposed to be anti- congress. Now how did it that happen? why would somebody vote for AAP, which has nothing but a history of reneging on its promises and which remained in power for just 49 days??
BJP with its the star campaigner Modi and Kiran Bedi as the CM candidate had everything in its favor, then why did they not attract more votes??
The answer is simple, the conversion issue took its toll. Yes, the muslims, Christians + your libtards and seculars voted against BJP.
BJP could 've very easily outperformed AAP but the obstacle was its hubris in accepting that it has some issues.
BJP is performing well at the center but had they been successful at curbing the conversion issue or atleast seal the mouth of those who utter mendacious nonsense then Delhi would 've been a BJP citadel today.
AAP would not have got the majority that it did.

Hindutva crowd don't change allegiance that fast as Seculars,libtards or others do like monkey jumping from tree to tree.
I know the hardcore hindutva crowd would not vote for another party.

Tell you one thing i been following elections since 1998.
This election was the first time i had a chance to vote in 2014LS,
Oh no!
Not again! Not another teenager!! :tsk:
I think I should quit drilling sense into you.
When i say Hindutva is the core ideology of BJP it is a fact.
Thats fine!
Hindutva as such is not a bad ideology and I've maintained that hinduism, in its true sense, is one of the most liberal religions in this world. As long as hindus 're a majority in India minorities have nothing to fear.

MIM head Asaduddin owaisi says every person is a born muslim and later changes his religion, But there was no HOOHAAA!
or rivers of blood being cried by Media, and MIM supported AAP in Delhi.
So you tell me, if owaisi,Azam khan and other secular statements are kosher, then Ramzada -haramazada by Sadhvi is also kosher,
What is good for the goose is good for the gander
lolzz
Did I support AAP?
Did I support Azam Khan or Owaisi???
If I had to bracket Sadhvi Niranjan jyoti then I would bracket her along with Owaisi and Azam Khan, all of 'em 're religious extremists. So you're right "what is good for goose is good for gander".
Now somebody put all of 'em behind the bars. :coffee:

Yeah some sections would like to keep the "Idea of India" under siege by hindutva narrative going, through anyway possible. :p
Also since you used a Mahabharata comparison, How shouldve Yudhistra played against shakuni in the game of dice, where the dice was rigged to go against him no matter what?
That is basically the perception game in the currently existing english media, you cannot win it.
He should've quit playing the moment he lost his material wealth and should 've thought a 100 times before presenting Draupadi in his parcheesi game.
In short BJP should chop off the hydra headed monsters within itself before further damage is done.

Back
Top Bottom