What's new

Kejriwal Government Accused Of Using Public Money To Promote AAP By Top Auditor

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Of a hefty 33.4 crores that the Arvind Kejriwal government splurged on a single ad campaign, 85 per cent was spent outside Delhi, government auditor CAG has said in a scathing report that raises several questions about the Aam Aadmi Party government's publicity blitz in its first year in power.

The auditor has in its 55-page report accessed by NDTV, also accused the Delhi government of using public money on television ads that showed a person waving a broom, AAP's election symbol, and said they referred to "AAP ki Sarkar," which publicised the party not the government.

It said the ads attributed a number of the state government's achievements to Chief Minister Kejriwal's personal efforts, an allegation that Delhi's opposition parties, the BJP and Congress, have repeatedly made.

The CAG report also says that of the 526 crores that the AAP government spent on ads, it is unable to give details on expenditure of more 100 crores.

It spent over 70 lakhs on ads attempting to discredit the central government by blaming it for Delhi's deteriorating law and order, the report says. .

The auditor has questioned claims made by the Kejriwal government in its ads, like when it said it had completed three bridges in the capital on time, spending less than the budgeted 350 crores.

False, alleges the CAG, pointing out that substantial work still remains to be done on the bridges.

It has also said it finds no evidence to support the AAP government's claims in ads that it built a dispensary in just 20 lakh rupees as against the five crore spent by earlier dispensations.

In the Delhi assembly today, AAP and the BJP sparred with the latter accusing the ruling party of "unconstitutionally hiding" the report "which exposes wastage of public money" on advertisements and said it would demand a CBI investigation.

"The government has not received CAG report yet; we have nothing to hide, will table report on the floor of the assembly," said Delhi's Deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia.

http://www.ndtv.com/delhi-news/audi...ernment-on-ads-says-aap-got-publicity-1449860

I haven't seen a more incompetent state leader than this joker sitting in Delhi's state government.

Even Lalu was more competent. At least he didn't make a drama out of everything.

To think that Manohar Parikkar and Kejriwal are from the same league of institutes!

This is the only time Manohar ji would be embarrassed of his IIT.

I saw this 2 page ad in TOI, it was filled with contents regarding how Center is not allowing them to work. I thought how can this party do such thing, once it was supposed to be the game changer in politics and now it is the biggest joke ever happened in Indian political history. And AK just keeps posting anti-modi content on social media just to be in the news.

I haven't seen a more incompetent state leader than this joker sitting in Delhi's state government.

Even Lalu was more competent. At least he didn't make a drama out of everything.

To think that Manohar Parikkar and Kejriwal are from the same league of institutes!

This is the only time Manohar ji would be embarrassed of his IIT.
Have you met any IITans?

we have met you sir :pleasantry:

but all people are conspiring against yugporush kejriwal and his party and now even AGI , CAG & even SC are conspiring with help of modi to defame shri shri 1008 styawadi and uncorruptable arving kejriwal ji :D
Well i being from an IIT , in fact from the same one as our DM , i can safely say most IITans are nutcases, dramabaaz, just look at my wife. :)
I am the exception that makes the rule :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well i being from an IIT , in fact from the same one as our DM , i can safely say most IITans are nutcases, dramabaaz, just look at my wife. :)
I am the exception that makes the rule :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy::lol::lol::lol::lol:
never met bhabi so dont bring her here :nono:

now the thing is kejriwal is desparate but a very cunning fellow if you have noticed no one in media is talking about him for last 5 weaks something big is going to happen or a new shagoofa on the way as to outsmart NaMo kejriwal exposed all his triks too soon and now NaMo is playing same triks on kejriwal :D

never met bhabi so dont bring her here :nono:

now the thing is kejriwal is desparate but a very cunning fellow if you have noticed no one in media is talking about him for last 5 weaks something big is going to happen or a new shagoofa on the way as to outsmart NaMo exposed all his trics too soon and now NaMo is playing same trics on kejriwal :D
Yeah but when will he stop playing tricks and govern?
The guy is too much of a drama baaz for most of India , for Delhites ? that another matter.

Yeah but when will he stop playing tricks and govern?
The guy is too much of a drama baaz for most of India , for Delhites ? that another matter.
well NaMo is working over time along with a very smart and hardworking cabinet of ministers and since you travel alot you know what im talking about but kejriwal on the other hand is making it hell for delhiets where ever he can come and stay in delhi for a week and you will know what im talking about

well NaMo is working over time along with a very smart and hardworking cabinet of ministers and since you travel alot you know what im talking about but kejriwal on the other hand is making it hell for delhiets where ever he can come and stay in delhi for a week and you will know what im talking about
Was in Delhi for 10 days , spoke to many people, while no one likes this guy they will vote for him again because he lowered their electricity bill by half and they virtually pay nothing for water now a days . I believe if they continue in this vein (drama)they will end up loosing what ever chance they have in Punjab.

Was in Delhi for 10 days , spoke to many people, while no one likes this guy they will vote for him again because he lowered their electricity bill by half and they virtually pay nothing for water now a days . I believe if they continue in this vein (drama)they will end up loosing what ever chance they have in Punjab.
Pollution gotten worse,roads have 100 inch holes and causing more accident. Water sewage problem (not blaming him but he did nothing to solve).

List goes on but i might agree with you on they will vote him again as he is using the more powerful card. (fear card and blaming everything on X guy) I think he learnt from Pakistan.

He is actually killing Congress from roots, he is playing Minority card and Dalit card quite well. BJP will face very tough competition in 2019 from AAP in few states, but good thing Congress might be limited to 30-35 seats in 2019, if they don't do something dramatic. The fight in 2019 will be BJP vs 3rd front led by either Nitish or AK, and we all know how messy it gets when 3rd front becomes strong.

Back
Top Bottom