They welcomed Menteri Besar Datuk
Mukhriz Mahathir's firm stand to ban Shia
teachings as they posed a serious threat to
the community here.

They said it was about time the state
gazetted the anti-Shia enactment so that
the authorities would have more bite to
carry out enforcement against those who
try to spread the teachings in the state.

Mad Daud Abdul Rahman from Baling said
Shia followers were out to confuse the
Sunni Muslims.

"They tend to add and subtract at their
own free will even the number of
prophets," said Mad Daud.

Sunni Muslims in this country follow the
teachings of Islam based on what is in the
Koran and the Hadiths as taught by
Prophet Muhammad.

Ashiq Elahi, 38, from Pondok Bukit Kobah
said he fully supported the move to ban
Shia teachings as their tenets had deviated
from the teachings of Islam.

He
estimated that there was about 1,000
followers especially in Pendang, Jitra, and
Jerai, and said the government had to take
strict measures to ensure the situation was
under control.

Pertubuhan Kebajikan Dakwah Islamiah
(Pekida) Alor Star official Mansor Ahmad
said there were up to 47 Shia groups.

Meanwhile Angkatan Belia Islam Malaysia
(Abim) Kedah-chapter deputy chairman
Abdullah Din said once it was gazetted, the
Anti-Shia Enactment should be strictly
enforced.

Abdullah said although Shia teachings was
bannedfollowing the National Fatwa Council
ruling in 1996, its holistic enforcement was
never carried out.

"Shia-related books are easily available.
Many have read them and it is sad to note
that some religious teachers have been
influenced by it."

They were responding to Mukhriz's
announcement that the state government
plans to gazette the National Fatwa
Council's ruling in 1996 that Shia teachings
are deviant.

Kedah praised for Shia teachings ban - General - New Straits Times
=============================

Yes, Let them know they're not welcome here in South East Asia!

The source link article does not work, but I found this old news article posted in another forum:

Conversion to Shiism: A new front in the Shia-Sunni conflict

Conversion to Shiism: A new front in the Shia-Sunni conflict
Olivier Guitta, The Examiner
Welcome to Examiner.com | Examiner.com

WASHINGTON - While the media focuses on the aggressive Iranian expansion in the whole Middle East, another insidious campaign is being orchestrated by Iran to control the region. Proselytizing is the new name of the game.

And since, through this Iranian-sponsored operation, Sunnis have been converting to Shiism in significant numbers, Sunni states are starting to react. That could well open a new front in the Sunni-Shiite war.

Of all Sunni countries, Saudi Arabia is the one feeling the most threatened by this new wave of Shiite proselytizing. “If it’s not to export the revolution like in the time of the Khomeini regime, Shiism exportation, as we see it today is still unacceptable” noted Saudi Social Affairs Minister Abdel Mohsen al Hakas.

Interestingly, Saudi King Abdullah went further in a recent interview with the Kuwaiti daily Al Seyassah when he accused Shiites of trying to convert Sunnis and added that he knew exactly who was behind this campaign, clearly pointing his finger at Tehran.

It is a vital issue for the kingdom, which does not want more potential destabilization since its own Shiite minority already represents 10 percent of the total population and is located in the oil-rich region of the country.

While it looks like ex-Saudi Ambassador to the U.S. Prince Bandar is pushing for U.S. military action against Iran, other leaders inside the kingdom are trying to fight off Iran on the religious front. That’s why Rihab Massud, a close advisor to Bandar stated: “Iran will never become the leader of the Islamic world.”

Another country, which is also clearly a target of Iranian proselytizing, is Syria. According to some recent reports, Iran gives $10,000 to each Syrian family that converts to Shiism. Noted Middle East expert Amir Taheri recently acknowledged what he calls the “Iranization” of Syria.

For instance, Syria has lifted the ban on Shiite proselytization and therefore allowed hundreds of Iranian mullahs to convert Syrian Sunnis, including huge numbers of Alawites, President Bashar Assad’s own sect. Iran has also set up 11 centers of Khomeinist indoctrination in cities other than Damascus and, according to Taheri, as of last September, 17,000 Syrians had enrolled to follow classes there. Last but not least Taheri noticed the number of men and women in the streets conforming to the Khomeinist “look.”

But what remains the most surprising target of Iranian proselytizing is North Africa. Indeed, head of the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood Yusuf al Qaradawi recently denounced the infiltration of Shias in exclusively Sunni countries such as Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Mauritania. This phenomenon has been the most visible in Algeria. There, a number of Shiite groups, mostly headed by ex-students of the main Shiite religious university based in Qom, Iran, have been actively recruiting new converts.

This reminds Algerian authorities of what happened in the beginning of the 1990s when Iranian embassy personnel clearly meddled in Islamist movements. At that time, to protest, Algeria decided to cut off diplomatic relations with Iran.

But in the past few years Algerian-Iranian relations were going through a honeymoon period. That is, until a few months ago. In fact, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s trip to Algeria was suddenly cancelled twice in just two months. It would not be far-fetched to think that this has to do with Iran’s aggressive campaign to convert Algerians to Shiism.

Iran’s double-thronged strategy of aggressive military expansion and extensive proselytizing is clearly aimed at controlling not only the Gulf but also potentially the whole Islamic world. This is clearly worrying countries from Saudi Arabia to Algeria who will have to react one way or another to defend their countries physically and spiritually. The fear of the Shiite crescent is alive and kicking, and Washington would be wise to side with the Sunni regimes in order to fend off Iran’s dangerous goals.

Olivier Guitta is a consultant on foreign affairs and counterterrorism in Washington.

@Yzd Khalifa your comments please on above posts, including OP.

Well,

They belong to the majority of the 1.3 billion, and can do whatever they wanted to do. We don't teach Shiism, so I don't find it odd.

^^^ Best of luck to Iran in this campaign. I hope they do this with South Asian Muslims as well.

:pop: The plan is in the pipeline, haven't you read what the OP said :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Best of luck to Iran in this campaign. I hope they do this with South Asian Muslims as well.

India has the largest Shia population after Iran.

Indian sources like Times of India and DNA reported Indian Shia population in mid 2005–2006 between 25% and 31% of entire Muslim population of India which accounts them in numbers between 40,000,000 to 50,000,000 of 157,000,000 Indian Muslim population.

Mashallah.

Indian sources like Times of India and DNA reported Indian Shia population in mid 2005–2006 between 25% and 31% of entire Muslim population of India which accounts them in numbers between 40,000,000 to 50,000,000 of 157,000,000 Indian Muslim population.

Mashallah.

They don't discriminate what sects can be Muslims , just like 99% non Islamic countries. Think about it .

this is ridiculous...Shias and Sunnis are all Muslims

If I was a Muslim.. I would want to have the right to be Shia or Sunni as per my wish... and even if my whole family becomes the opposite I dont mind... why Should Saudi be concerned even if every single Saudi becomes Shia...??

Shia is also Muslim.. if Saudi people like Shia values and convert to it.. they have the right.

Similarly if a Shia Muslim likes Sunni value he has right to become Sunni.

Such a ruling to ban Shia or Sunni religion anywhere is ridiculous... and it shows that the Sunni majority of Malaysia is not confident of their faith.

If I was a Muslim.. I would want to have the right to be Shia or Sunni as per my wish... and even if my whole family becomes the opposite I dont mind... why Should Saudi be concerned even if every single Saudi becomes Shia...??

Shia is also Muslim.. if Saudi people like Shi values and convert to it.. they have the right.

Similarly if a Shis Muslim likes Sunni value he has right to become Sunni.

Such a ruling to ban Shia religion is ridiculous... and it shows that the Sunni majority of Malaysia is not confident of their faith.

This ban won't work, because Malaysia is not homogenous country. It's the most diverse country, ethnically and religiously.

This ban won't work, because Malaysia is not homogenous country. It's the most diverse country, ethnically and religiously.

But how diverse? when majority are Sunni, they can pass the bill, and then Shia cannot do anything?

Shia is also Muslim.. if Saudi people like Shia values and convert to it.. they have the right.

Similarly if a Shis Muslim likes Sunni value he has right to become Sunni.

Such a ruling to ban Shia or Sunni religion anywhere is ridiculous... and it shows that the Sunni majority of Malaysia is not confident of their faith.

Malaysia and Indonesia seem to be taking a turn for the worse.

Mashallah.

Yes, but some sources suggest they form on 10 to 15 % of our population. Whatever it is, they are still a minority of our Muslims. They should be the majority.

But how diverse? when majority are Sunni, they can pass the bill, and then Shia cannot do anything?

Muslims in Malaysia make up 60% of the population and about 5% to 10% of them are Shia muslims!!!!!

lhu.gif

ae0.gif

Sorry bro, don't drag me in all of this crap plz

Yeah haha
They're trying to drag Saudi into everything they did not like it
Why didn't you tell them why did Indian and Hindu concerned about this?

@kalu_miah
I fix the source, can u open it?

@iranigirl2
Try to look at your own backyard, what did you do on my brothers there

Yeah haha
They're trying to drag Saudi into everything they did not like it
Why didn't you tell them why did Indian and Hindu concerned about this?

@kalu_miah
I fix the source, can u open it?

@iranigirl2
Try to look at your own backyard, what did you do on my brothers there

The link for the source is working, I can open it, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom