What's new

'Kayani's Term Not Being Extended: Defence Minister Ahmed Mukhtar

Yeah it was expected.Few weeks ago news were leaked that Army Chief declined extension.I think Lieutenant General Khalid Shameem Wynne will be the next Chief of Army Staff of Pakistan Army.He was recently promoted to Chief of General Staff (second most powerful position in Pakistan Army) which is a very important post so i think he will be the next COAS.General Kiyani will most likely retire or be reappointed to Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee.

sir,
i m sorry if u feel offended by my post but i feel Mr kiyani will launch a coup before that...i don't think he will opt for leaving such a strong position...
i feel Pakistan must be lead by your foreign minister Mr quraishi...i find him the best man....also its nothing to do with weak government under jardari but...its human nature....

Pakistan needs Kayani. This Homeland needs Gen. Kayani for more years.

I believe that even though COAS Kayani's performance is overwhelmingly good in WOT and other regional, strategic and military affairs I think he shouldn't be given extension because it is time for some other capable and deserving individual. It creates a healthy eniviroment in the army.

Pak Army is a professional organization and even after COAS KAyani we have many worthy, talented and capable officers that can fill his place and LT Gen Khalid Shamim Wyne is one such example. He is deserving to hold this place and I hope he would prove himself to be the best for this place.

:pakistan:

Do you have a reason to back up your belief? I would really like to see whatever one thinks that can cause an extension in his tenure. As per my understanding, Kiani has been among the (to put it crassly) dumbest and least reactive of generals ever. I seriously doubt the intellectual clout in Pakistan would want him to continue his tenure any further than he has achieved. Let us see how far he manages to stretch it.

Watch your language, acting big on the internet without any knowledge.

Read the following and then re evaluate your dumb and disrespectful post.

One senior C.I.A. official, recently retired, said that of all the foreign spymasters the C.I.A. had dealt with, General Kayani was the most formidable and may have earned the most respect at C.I.A. headquarters in Langley, Va. The soft-spoken general, he said, is a master manipulator.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/20/weekinreview/20mazzetti.html

“In recent weeks a steady parade of top-level U.S. officials have visited General Kayani to make up their own minds about him. Most — including CIA chief Michael Hayden, National Intelligence Director Mike McConnell and CENTCOM commander Adm. William Fallon — have come away confident that Kayani knows what he’s doing,” reports the Newsweek magazine.

General Kayani: USA’s New ‘Poster Boy’ In Pakistan? | The Moderate Voice

Chief of Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Kayani has been described as a "soldier’s soldier" by US military officials. When he was appointed army chief, his first move was to visit the front lines in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, something that most US Generals very rarely do with the war in Afghanistan. Spending the Muslim holiday of Eid not with his family, but rather with his soldiers prompted American military officials to praise him as a "soldier’s soldier." A senior US military official predicted that the Pakistani army would perform much better under General Kayani than his predecessor Pervez Musharraf, who was often distracted by politics while serving as both President and Army Chief. The report quoted retired Pakistani military officials as saying that in an army deeply enmeshed in Pakistani politics, General Kayani had declined to ally himself with any political groups. As a junior officer, he briefly served as a military aide to Benazir Bhutto during her first term as prime minister in the late 1980s, but has stayed away from politicians since then.[15]

He is one of the few military men inducted in the list of people who matter today.

Ashfaq Kayani - The 2009 TIME 100 - TIME

The Newsweek 50: Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani - Newsweek.com

Also can your COAS fly over a war zone in a jet fighter.

General Kayani takes Ariel view of operation Rah-e-Rast

Watch your damn language. This guy is a real military strategist and excellent player in the world field. Not some barking mad Chief who no one would lend a ear to.

Do you have a reason to back up your belief? I would really like to see whatever one thinks that can cause an extension in his tenure. As per my understanding, Kiani has been among the (to put it crassly) dumbest and least reactive of generals ever. I seriously doubt the intellectual clout in Pakistan would want him to continue his tenure any further than he has achieved. Let us see how far he manages to stretch it.
Dude please back up your silly comments before making such huge claims.

Kayani's war efforts won him territory (and Pakistan is holding it) against an enemy that continues to defeat the might of the US army and 40 other nations combined.

Kayani as a General has been top notch and has even been awarded many titles from international bodies for his military capabilities.

if kayani leaves then those idiots speculating n always ranting about a military takeover of govt would be silenced...i presume he'd leave n thats good politically n will win him more respect!!really great man..hope the next CAOS ll also be like him!:pakistan:

So what according to you requires to be a brilliant general?

1 To be deaf by one ear

or

2 To give stupid statements that we can handle China and Pakistan at the same time.

Make your choice.

:rolleyes:

I believe that even though COAS Kayani's performance is overwhelmingly good in WOT and other regional, strategic and military affairs I think he shouldn't be given extension because it is time for some other capable and deserving individual. It creates a healthy eniviroment in the army.

Pak Army is a professional organization and even after COAS KAyani we have many worthy, talented and capable officers that can fill his place and LT Gen Khalid Shamim Wyne is one such example. He is deserving to hold this place and I hope he would prove himself to be the best for this place.

:pakistan:
agree sir...army of any nation is very powerfull and talented organisation...and i feel pakistan army is not short of officers to take over...

Dude please back up your silly comments before making such huge claims.

Kayani's war efforts won him territory (and Pakistan is holding it) against an enemy that continues to defeat the might of the US army and 40 other nations combined.

Kayani as a General has been top notch and has even been awarded many titles from international bodies for his military capabilities.

Quit degrading the mood of the thread by calling others silly.

Kiani's war efforts won him the territory (are they completely won yet?), that were actually lost during his own tenure.

Against the enemy that continues to defeat the might of the US army? Are you being delusional here? When did Pakistan Army defeat the Afghan Taliban? Rather, if given even a slight chance, PA would side with them in a second.

In case it was a bouncer to you, let me state it in a much clearer fashion so you can comprehend - Pakistan Army is fighting against the TTP in Pakistan, and the Americans and the coalition is fighting against the Afghan Taliban in Afghanistan. Do you know the difference?

Drone attacks on the TTP are undertaken by the Americans at PA's request. Heck, the smart Americans did not even consider putting the TTP in their enemy list till recently.

And you think awards are the recognition of one's power and deeds? Well Obama got much reputed Nobel. And Musharraf, who turned out to be so much more powerful and successful, despite his being liberal, did not get praised internationally as much as did Kiani.

Do not praise someone for his ranks. Praise him for his strength and character.

So what according to you requires to be a brilliant general?

1 To be deaf by one ear

or

2 To give stupid statements that we can handle China and Pakistan at the same time.

Make your choice.

:rolleyes:
leave bushy brother...he is lost.....but really kayani deserved more than army chief...........but what do u think about mr shah mehmood kuraishi...taking over as pm??????

leave bushy brother...he is lost.....but really kayani deserved more than army chief...........but what do u think about mr shah mehmood kuraishi...taking over as pm??????

That's alright bro, it is all up to me whom I chose to reply and whom I do not. Won't matter what they think after their posts are ignored. But yes, I seriously think Kiani would be a much sharper politician than anyone in Pakistan right now. He can't turned around the nation, but he can successfully thwart the dangers facing that nation.

P.S. Sorry for the late reply man, but I can't say much about Shah Mehmood Qureshi. I have not read enough about him to comment on his claim on PM'ship.

Last edited:

Well the man is smart but the problem with him is that he is too party centric rather then thinking for the Nation.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom