What's new

Katas Raj Temple : Bringing religions and histories together

The actual bloodshed on both sides of the Border took place in Punjab alone. No other states subjects were harmed or threatened. I am not sure why Punjab had to be different though in 47.

May I, very respectfully, say **** YOU.

Nope it also took place in Jammu and Kashmir

And may I add you to my good wishes? **** YOU.

Those obliterated words stand for Freddie Uncle Charlie Katie.

Thanks for the tag. :)
Is the site open to public? Not many ppl in pics.

It is very much open to people and HONESTLY it is openly open to an extent that boys go play hide and seek, smoke and inscribe the walls of this ancient site with their love messages to their gfs.

I have visited Raj Katas few years back and I was so saddened by the plight of this national heritage.

Sometimes back there was some news that Indian government would lend some help in maintaining this ancient and historical Hindu site but I think no practical steps are there in true sense from both.

Sometimes back there was some news that Indian government would lend some help in maintaining this ancient and historical Hindu site but I think no practical steps are there in true sense from both.
Let me check.

The site is in disrepair and beyond using it for revenue, very little attempts have been made to repair and regular visitors to the site who tend to vandalize the property.

The site is in disrepair and beyond using it for revenue, very little attempts have been made to repair and regular visitors to the site who tend to vandalize the property.

The Walled City in Lahore is in bad shape as well. I remember visiting there and people wrote their names on the walls. Very disgraceful. Money had been donated to renovate the area but you know how our politicians are...

Yes, that happened after LK Advani's visit to the temple in 2005. Since then many idols from different temples in India have been sent to Pakistan as a part of restoration. I read that the restoration is in progress and that your govt had sent a picture of the place to LK Advani in 2015, just to update him on the restoration work that's going on at Katas Raj.
He was even sent a pitcher of holy water from the temple.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes, that happened after LK Advani's visit to the temple in 2005. Since then many idols from different temples in India have been sent to Pakistan as a part of restoration. I read that the restoration is in progress and that your govt had sent a picture of the place to LK Advani in 2015, just to update him on the restoration work that's going on at Katas Raj.
He was even sent a pitcher of holy water from the temple.
View attachment 330455

View attachment 330452

Not talking about the "holiness" of the water; but it is clearly in no condition to even consider touching any part of the body with. There is a lot of contamination in that pond which includes both animal and human waste along with a possible further contamination of the water basic itself due to nearby mining operations.

There is a lot of contamination in that pond which includes both animal and human waste along with a possible further contamination of the water basic itself due to nearby mining operations
Lol
The Pakistani high commissioner would not have sent a pitcher full of water had it been so contaminated. May be your govt is taking efforts to clean the pond.

Lol
The Pakistani high commissioner would not have sent a pitcher full of water had it been so contaminated. May be your govt is taking efforts to clean the pond.

Don't believe their lies, maybe water was taken from somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom