What's new

Kashmiri youth throng BSF centre for jobs

MINK

Reaction score
Country
India

Over 400 shortlisted for BSF, CRPF and ITBP

Braving morning chill, intermittent strikes and curfew, scores of Kashmiri youth have been thronging the Subsidiary Training Centre (STC) of Border Security Force (BSF) at Humhama for the last one week.

As part of country wide recruitment, Staff Selection Committee has shortlisted candidates for their entry into para-military forces such as BSF, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Indo Tibetian Border Police (ITBP). A few hundred candidates have been shortlisted from Valley and have been reporting the BSF centre for physical tests. “It is part of the process the SSC goes through while making the recruitment. There is huge rush of candidates from different parts of Kashmir,” said an official. He said, “we do not have any role here and the process is being supervised by SSC”.
With matriculation as basic qualification there are scores of candidates who have higher qualifications. But the significant thing is that joining the para military forces such as BSF, CRPF and ITBP are no longer a taboo in Kashmir as the number of educated unemployed youth is going up.
“I came from Kokernag and booked a Sumo to reach in time,” said Javed Ahmed. He had reached Humhama by 7 AM and had been waiting for about 40 minutes. He was joined by two others from the same area. “I am a graduate and I could not find job anywhere and had no option but to apply for this,” said a youth who wished not to be named. “This job is difficult but where should I go” he asked. He is also comfortable with the good salary package and believes that he can support his father’s large family. A constable who is recruited in either of the forces will get a package of around Rs 20,000 per month.
Mohammad Sultan a young man from Kupwara has passed his 12th class examination and too had reached early morning. “I did not want to take a risk and joined a group of youth who were coming here in a Sumo,” he said. His story is no different from the youth who had come from South Kashmir. Why joining the para-military forces is not a taboo or why there is not much risk involved?. The reply is sharp. Where should we go?. “We know that it is risky but we have no option. At least this can ensure a descent and honourable living,” said Nazeer Hussain.
A young man Mudasir Ahmad from Downtown Srinagar was also in que to look for the job. “I have exhausted all the options of finding a job in state government. But could not succeed. I have three sisters and my father is a labourer,” he said. Though there is no assurance for the candidates who appear for physical tests as they have go through written test as well but they are hoping that a good chunk of youth from Kashmir will be selected.
There are more than 5,000 youth from the state in para military forces. In the past few years special recruitment drives were conducted by the government of India to give jobs to them. “Our Kashmiri boys are defending borders in North Eastern states, West Bengal and Rajasthan. They are committed people and we are proud of them,” said a top BSF official.

These people arent even real Kashmiri. Real Kashmiris were killed by pakistani invaders.

huh... jee behlany ko khayaal acha hy ghalib....:argh:... I Am from kashmir And i hate India,.. u r invaders and we will get our land back with or without any help... ( Kashmir hy ik jannat ...jannat na kisi kafir ko mili hy na mily gi_) Kashmir ko endia ka hisa bnany ka khyaal nikal hee do tum log...:sniper: kisi indian k munh sy kashmir kehna bhi humain acha nahi lagta...ye nafrat tum logon k liye dil k akhri kony tak phel chuki hy... Recruiting k bachy :angry:

huh... jee behlany ko khayaal acha hy ghalib....:argh:... I Am from kashmir And i hate India,.. u r invaders and we will get our land back with or without any help... ( Kashmir hy ik jannat ...jannat na kisi kafir ko mili hy na mily gi_) Kashmir ko endia ka hisa bnany ka khyaal nikal hee do tum log...:sniper: kisi indian k munh sy kashmir kehna bhi humain acha nahi lagta...ye nafrat tum logon k liye dil k akhri kony tak phel chuki hy... Recruiting k bachy :angry:

Khisiyani billi... khamba noche....

DOR SY BILI HEE NAZAR AYE GI TUMAIN MERI JAAN :pakistan:

Kashmiri youths participate in an (BSF) Border Security Force recruitment rally in Humhama, on the outskirts of Srinagar, the summer captial of Jammu-Kashmir, 29, November 2010:

b664f6a48bfc54.jpg

Kashmiri youth subjected to physical test wait for their turn during a (BSF) Border Security Force recruitment rally in Humhama, on the outskirts of Srinagar, the summer captial of Indian Kashmir, 29, November 2010:

eac5619e565c08aa082c04a81298_large.jpg

Training their mind, body and soul to defend the land:

62-MPOY-VITAA-19.jpg

131996667_11n.jpg

Taking the solemn oath to protect the nation:

153907468-indian-border-security-force-soldiers-raise-gettyimages.jpg

153907491-indian-border-security-force-soldiers-raise-gettyimages.jpg

Sharing the thrill of graduation with their proud parents:

1320502605-kashmiri-constable-recruits-graduate-and-take-their-oath_911750.jpg

1320502607-kashmiri-constable-recruits-graduate-and-take-their-oath_911753.jpg

Just another day at work, apprehending mischief makers and bringing the long arm of the law to them, for the welfare of Kashmir:

indian-army-kashmir-muharram.jpg

bsfjawan-b-13-10-2012.jpg

Maintaining eternal vigilance on the borders, by night and by day, by dawn and by dusk:

kashmir_loc.jpg

AFPGetty-516555621.jpg

30-India-Pak-IndiaInk-blog480.jpg

2013-01-16T212247Z_1_CBRE90F1D1500_RTROPTP_2_INDIA-PAKISTAN.JPG

516331715.jpg

Clearly you are not, if you were from Kashmir, you would be living in Srinagar or other Kashmir districts, and not in Pak. Since you are in Pak, you are probably one of those Islamic terrorists who ran with his tail behind his legs to Pakistan when Indian Army stepped in to stop terrorism in Kashmir. So stay there sissy-boy, Kashmir is eternally India's.

Are you a Mirpuri.

So in short.. there is no Azad Kashmir... you are living in Pakistan Administered Part of Kashmir.. that is controlled by Pakistan Army...

Technically Pak does not have any part of Kashmir. The whole of Kashmir (the Kashmir valley that is) is Indian. Mirpuris are as much Kashmiri as Ladakhis and Jammu people are (just happen top belong to the same state). Anyways I digress...

Back
Top Bottom