What's new

Kashmir reeling from worst violence since 2010 as 30 killed

There is no way to hold a partial referendum. That will perpetuate for eternity the ethnic cleansing of the Kashmiri Pandits.

There is no way to hold the referendum envisaged by Mountbatten and endorsed by India and mentioned in her petition to the UN, as that was effectively sabotaged right at the beginning by Pakistan. I suspect that you are not aware of this, as this is never mentioned at any time in any place.

Not participating in a referendum is unfortunately not sufficient grounds for disobeying the law. In this case, as pointed out on several occasions, not Indian law, but Kashmiri law.

There are other things that might be said but I would rather confine myself to matters of fact.

How can Pakistan sabotage the vote in the presence of Indian military and UN Observers? Kashmir is dominated by Muslims who want to leave India and that is why there are is no voting...

Criminals need to be treated as criminals , they have killed unharmed off duty police officers , threw live grenades at them , assaulted innocent tourists/ pilgrim's .

Terrorists deserve no sympathy .

It would take a lot to pay off millions of Kashmiris who want to leave India...don't you think?
Yes, they are free to leave Kashmir! Move to Pakistan, I don't have issues. If it takes Millions from our pocket then we are OK.Deal?

30 isn't much, but it's a damn fine start. These jihads that fuel extremists, we know how to tackle them. We're not the West. If you think a bunch of mohammadans can get all uppity and expect everyone to fall to their demands, you're dead wrong.

Most of the 30 were civilians...there is no such thing such as a bunch of Mohammedans....

We should first see what the people of Kashmir think about the guy. They think he is a hero. Correct me if I'm wrong but most targets are military....not civilians unlike the Indian Armed Forces...

If that is your impression, you should investigate a little deeper.

You will get a horrible story about assassinations, where a significant number of civilian deaths are at the hands of the terrorists, and about rape and forcible marriage of women to these barbarians. These matters are carefully hushed up by the Tehreek and not publicised by the Indian media which marches to its own drummer. If you wish, you may be introduced to Kashmiris, on open fora, who will be able to give you names, places, dates.

These lists would start with the father of the present Mirwaiz, whose assassination is one reason why the poor man slavishly adheres to the Hurriyat, and the politician Abdul Ghani Lone, whose sons and daughter, since his assassination, have taken great care to ensure that they are not seen as enemies by the Hurriyat.

Bluntly speaking, you Pakistanis have been the unwitting recipients of a skilful propaganda campaign launched by your own deep state, which has enlisted willing members of Kashmiri society (by Kashmiri, the reference is to the residents of the Valley of Kashmir) and silenced unwilling or opposing members by violence, including the threat of assassination or actual assassination.

Most of the 30 were civilians...there is no such thing such as a bunch of Mohammedans....

The original remark, to which you replied, is regrettable.

Criminals need to be treated as criminals , they have killed unharmed off duty police officers , threw live grenades at them , assaulted innocent tourists/ pilgrim's .

Terrorists deserve no sympathy .

They have harmed vessels of state oppression of the people

And assaulted their occupiers people who prance around as tourists whilst the people are shot and murdered by an occupation army

Yes, they are free to leave Kashmir! Move to Pakistan, I don't have issues. If it takes Millions from our pocket then we are OK.Deal?
I'm sorry to say that your statement has shocked me. Kashmir belongs to Kashmiri people and it's their choice which side to go to...

How can Pakistan sabotage the vote in the presence of Indian military and UN Observers? Kashmir is dominated by Muslims who want to leave India and that is why there are is no voting...

What are you referring to? The partial referendum or the full referendum? India offered a full referendum. Now that is no longer possible. If it is to be a partial referendum, which part or parts?

If that is your impression, you should investigate a little deeper.

You will get a horrible story about assassinations, where a significant number of civilian deaths are at the hands of the terrorists, and about rape and forcible marriage of women to these barbarians. These matters are carefully hushed up by the Tehreek and not publicised by the Indian media which marches to its own drummer. If you wish, you may be introduced to Kashmiris, on open fora, who will be able to give you names, places, dates.

These lists would start with the father of the present Mirwaiz, whose assassination is one reason why the poor man slavishly adheres to the Hurriyat, and the politician Abdul Ghani Lone, whose sons and daughter, since his assassination, have taken great care to ensure that they are not seen as enemies by the Hurriyat.

Bluntly speaking, you Pakistanis have been the unwitting recipients of a skilful propaganda campaign launched by your own deep state, which has enlisted willing members of Kashmiri society (by Kashmiri, the reference is to the residents of the Valley of Kashmir) and silenced unwilling or opposing members by violence, including the threat of assassination or actual assassination.

The original remark, to which you replied, is regrettable.

Of course only Kashmiris know what's actually going on however I have seen more support for the militants as compared to the Indian military....I mostly follow foreign media on Kashmir and avoid Indian and Pakistani media to get a balanced perspective. So far it doesn't support India....

They have harmed vessels of state oppression of the people

And assaulted their occupiers people who prance around as tourists whilst the people are shot and murdered by an occupation army
I'm not going to recite a poem for you. There is difference between a protest and riot on a murder spree, they lost their cause the moment they broke the very rights they ruffled up for .

These villagers are free to leave the country if they are unhappy , Kashmir is as much a part of them as any other indian .

Of course only Kashmiris know what's actually going on however I have seen more support for the militants as compared to the Indian military....I mostly follow foreign media on Kashmir and avoid Indian and Pakistani media to get a balanced perspective. So far it doesn't support India....

I am not at all questioning the genuine grief and outpouring of emotion on this recent occasion. That would be crude and insensitive beyond belief. There is definitely more public support for the Tehreek. It is on close interaction with people in unguarded and neutral moments that one discovers that some of them are deeply benefited by the constructive actions of formations located there. And I fully agree that media reporting is on the actions and events that grab headlines, not on dull and boring day-to-day work.

Going there several times a year has had its advantages. Unfortunately this may not continue, for personal reasons.

What are you referring to? The partial referendum or the full referendum? India offered a full referendum. Now that is no longer possible. If it is to be a partial referendum, which part or parts?
There should be a full referendum of Kashmir...I don't think India accepted this. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Back
Top Bottom