What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
Is there a source for this article?

There is no mention of tribal invaders or the National Conference workers under Sheikh Abdula fighting them off as they raped and pillaged their way across the state. OR the mention that it was Sheikh Abdulla's National Conference that was leading the secular mass peasant movement against the autocratic rule of the Hindu Raja.

That fully explains the bais.
And what makes your comments any less bias ?

About you claim of rapes can you list how many happened in 2009. I am asking for 2009 since it being recent.
Backup with neutral links.

All the rapes before 2009 are justified under what new indian law ?

One killed, 150 injured as protests continue in Jammu & Kashmir following rape and murder of two young women
10 June 2009

One killed, 150 injured as protests continue in Jammu & Kashmir following rape and murder of two young women | Amnesty International

India: Rape and ill-treatment of women in Kashmir: Zarifa Bano, Bakhti and many others
UA 108/91 - India: Rape and ill-treatment of women in Kashmir: Zarifa Bano, Bakhti and many others | Amnesty International

Amnesty urges Obama to help end human rights abuses in IHK

Amnesty International’s concerns
· Indian troops in Kashmir commit mass human rights abuses with impunity
· AFSPA a major contributor to rights violations
· Disappearances, rapes, extra judicial executions and deaths resulting from torture
Amnesty urges Obama to help end human rights abuses in IHK | Kashmir Media Service

According to the Kashmiri-Canadian Council, 6,300 Kashmiri women have been raped.

"Rape is used by the Indian security forces to attack Kashmiri women suspected of sympathizing with "militants." Through rape, the security forces are aiming to punish and humiliate the entire community."

From Human Rights Watch.

"In Singhpur village, occupation forces barged into the house of Abdul Ahad and forcibly took his wife and daughter to a military camp where they were gang-raped."
Pakistan Alert Network: HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS IN KASHMIR

Hundreds of women have been raped with impunity and most of them go unreported given the social stigma and fear of retribution by the State; The GOI has been quick to deny and cover-up most of those cases which do get reported; The reported gang-rape of nine women at Shopian in October 1992 by an army unit was dismissed off-handedly after investigation by army and police, the very units charged with the crime, despite solid medical evidence to the contrary; no independent investigation by an impartial agency was carried out. The reported mass rape of over 20 women at Konan Poshpura in February 1991 was also handled in a similar evasive manner; the complaint was not investigated in a timely manner by an impartial agency and the medical evidence was dismissed without good cause; one of the victims who was nine months pregnant during the incident delivered a baby with a fractured left arm; Governor Girish Saxena who denied the incident admitted to mass rapes in the past by the Indian forces however. Rapes continue to be reported, an example from this year being the April 17 gang-rape of a 17-year old girl in Pahalgam
India and Human Rights in Kashmir - The Myth - India Together

Soldier jailed for Kashmir rape
BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Soldier jailed for Kashmir rape

On 30 October 1947, Nehru addressed a telegram to Prime Minister Liaquat Ali Khan saying:

"Our assurance that we shall withdraw our troops from Kashmir as soon as peace and order are restored and leave the decision about the future of the State to the people of the State is not merely a pledge to your Government but also to the people of Kashmir and to the world."

On 2 November 1947, in a Radio Broadcast Prime Minister Nehru repeated pledge to hold plebiscite in J&K "under international auspices like the United Nations. So the accession was conditioned with a promise of plebiscite, which was repeated, by the high-level Indian leaders as well as Indian representatives in the United Nations.

And now they say Kashmir Hindustan ka atoot ang hai ..lol

62 yrs back their armies went to resolve a problem and now its part of their territory.

keeping the source of article aside, i dont think there is any need to prove that Kashmir is a muslim majority state and they had and still have the right pending to decide which country they want to merge, and ofcourse this is also proven that they want to merge with Pakistan.
Most of the things are what every one is studying in history, so personally i dont think there is any serious need of source to prove the basic soul or meaning of this article to any person belonging to South Asia.

There is no mention of tribal invaders or the National Conference workers under Sheikh Abdula fighting them off as they raped and pillaged their way across the state. OR the mention that it was Sheikh Abdulla's National Conference that was leading the secular mass peasant movement against the autocratic rule of the Hindu Raja.

This is from the official website of the Govt of AJ&K.

@Materialistic

No one is denying its muslim majority (68% according to 2001 census). But you are ASSUMING that all muslims would vote to join Pakistan.

Being a muslim is a matter of faith and religion and not joining Pakistan or disagreeing with GoP policies on J&K does not make them any less of a muslim. That is why its important to read a factual account of history and what happened to form a balanced opinion.

As you can see the Indian army punishes people if they indulge in wrong doing - (last report from BBC). In fact there have been many cases where such incidents have been heavily punished by the Army.

There is a strict policy to prevent such incidents and win the hearts and minds of the people - BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Kashmir troops held after rape.

As mentioned earlier by some Indian members - the Indian army is not interested in sitting in Kashmir. Eventually a political settlement has to be reached for this to happen. For that the flourishing of true democracy is required. Kashmiris need to elect their leaders - the Hurriyat are no better than a bunch of gangsters.

that says all.. what else can you expect from the site of puppet government of pakistan occupied kashmir.

that says all.. what else can you expect from the site of puppet government of pakistan occupied kashmir.

Atleast not 2000+ mass graves with no markings, or raping of women and girls & then throwing of their naked bodies, or the burning of religious Muslims sites, or the killing of thousands of Kashmiri youth, men, women and children, or the hundreds or thousands missing Kashmiris. Or the hundreds killed by indiscriminate Indian Army artillery fire on civilians population inside the Azad (from Indian barbarity) Jammu & Kashmir.

Much better results compared to the Indian Occupied Kashmir overrun by Indian Army and run by Indian Govt puppets.

Check your own record and then open your mouth.

oh yeah ... everybody knows how azad is azad kashmir... i am forgetting the name of the water project in the region ... will tell you tomorrow. what you guys are doing in balochistan...

and ruining the lives of kashmiris.. how can you even talk about that ...who sent militans in late 80s and early 90s... indian army is there to tackle them not trying to do operation searchlight (rings a bell????)... you should first introspect yourself then think of kashmir...
going to sleep now hence the small reply...will talk to you tomorrow...
if you do not ban me....

oh yeah ... everybody knows how azad is azad kashmir... i am forgetting the name of the water project in the region ... will tell you tomorrow. what you guys are doing in balochistan...

and ruining the lives of kashmiris.. how can you even talk about that ...who sent militans in late 80s and early 90s... indian army is there to tackle them not trying to do operation searchlight (rings a bell????)... you should first introspect yourself then think of kashmir...
if you do not ban me....

Anything better then diverting the discussion to Balochistan or a water project of no consequence to divert the discussion from the brutality of Indian Army.

If they are tackling militants then why 60,000+ people are dead ?? Why Indian Human Rights guys asking for inquiry to the thousands of mass graves uncovered or why Kashmiris protest to the raped women whose bodies were found and the Indian govt tried to cover that up.

I have lived in Kashmir, don;t you worry, the people over there are very happy free from Indian Army's good deeds.

If you have something better to share do come back or else no need as i know what you gonna discuss to divert the attention from the real issue at hand. Old trick of you guys to bring in other things like Balochistan without even knowing the ground realities.

World organizations cry about the atrocities being done in Indian Occupied Kashmir not about the Azad Jammu & Kashmir. Check it up.

Good to share the history, but unfortunately both sides of history has their bias, I therefore cannot take everything on face value. If there is a neutral history, I will like to learn.

if you do not ban me....

Since every Indian mention Balochistan every time Kashmir is mentioned prooves Indians involvment i Balochistan. Said so Balochistan is Pakistani AREA and it has always been. Its a internal problem so INDIANS STFU.

Back to Kashmir its Pakistan AREA becuase deal was made that area with most muslims will go into Pakistan. Ya there are 68 % muslims as u saying ( have not checked my self ) since many has been killed and hindus has moved it.

Can you tell me if Kashmir was Indian area why havnet after 62 years Indian has done what they agreed too ? To have election so ppl can decide. Since India knew what will happen. And after 62 years India are still afraid to do so. Why is that ?

In Azad Kashmir every free media is allowed to go and report why Indians not even allowing there own media ?

And stop talking about Balochistan every time you dont have answer. You can start new thread if want. But its not your problem its our internal issue so stfu. Worry more about 50 % area Indians dont have controll of.

Last edited:
only if you knew China controls 20% of kashmir
b1157fce65720778b0393daa4febceb3.jpg

And before you tell china to solve its problems you have plenty of your own to deal with.

India should return Kashmir to Pakistan!:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom