What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
As a democracy, we are mature enough to tolerate nuisance like her. Over the years, she has made herself inconsequential and irrelevant. Now she only has nuisance value left as no one takes her seriously any more. Any punitive action from the government will only give her the legitimacy she lacks and should therefore be avoided. There is very little good or bad that she can do apart from getting a few lines on page 3 somewhere. So just let her be.

Since she has more admirers abroad than in India, maybe she will contemplate migrating elsewhere. But I don't think so, she will continue to enjoy the hospitality of the nation to the fullest, the same nation she so loathes and reviles.

M

I can't be spoonfeeding every little thing to a "Think Tank"....take ur time to think about it

And next time show the face palm to your "President" for acknowledging the truth , that u guys are trying so hard to conceal.....That "Kashmiri militants are indeed terrorists"...

Have ever seen me 'concealing' this? i never even visited the crappy thread.

So carry-on enjoying the face palm, please.

BTW, i can now see the hardship your brain is facing in understanding the mechanics behind my previous post. Not surprising though.

Yes, according to Indian stance *** is part of India. But according to the 2 pending resolutions in the UN on Kashmir and 3 resolutions at the OIC, Kashmir is part of Pakistan and the Kashmiri people have a right of self determination.

Your statement is self contradictory. The UN resolution says that a plebiscite is to determine if J & K will be with Pakistan or India.

How does it become Pakistan's? OIC can take a walk anyways....

Have ever seen me 'concealing' this? i never even visited the crappy thread.

So carry-on enjoying the face palm, please.

BTW, i can now see the hardship your brain is facing in understanding the mechanics behind my previous post. Not surprising though.

what I really am pleased about is that so many many Indians with their original and duplicate accounts are taking the time and effort in posting comments in the Kashmir channel

in the face of street protests and outright disdain of India by the Kashmiris every day where we see protests of tens of thousands, the Indian prime minister is visibly shaken and is almost begging the Kashmiri freedom leadership to calm down and scale down the protests.

But funnily enough some Indian posters think that it is only a couple of thousand Kashmris who are causing the trouble for Indian occupation. What does it say about the 1 million Indian military that is priming it self to now take on China? One really wonders if these covert trolls think before writing or just want to make these threats a joke fest.

Exactly why and how does India need China? The balance of trade between the two is heavily skewed in China's favor anyway which implies that India buys more Chinese products than vice versa. We are aware that the bulk of Chinese imports are cheap and unreliable low tech stuff. Therefore, a selective ban on non essential Chinese imports will definitely not hurt us, it may instead bring relief to many small scale industries feeling the pinch due to Chinese competition.

Regarding, China being made to take into account Indian sensibilities, by all means. How can they do business with us in India while hurting our interests elsewhere? No country can do that and expect to get away.

what I really am pleased about is that so many many Indians with their original and duplicate accounts are taking the time and effort in posting comments in the Kashmir channel

in the face of street protests and outright disdain of India by the Kashmiris every day where we see protests of tens of thousands, the Indian prime minister is visibly shaken and is almost begging the Kashmiri freedom leadership to calm down and scale down the protests.

But funnily enough some Indian posters think that it is only a couple of thousand Kashmris who are causing the trouble for Indian occupation. What does it say about the 1 million Indian military that is priming it self to now take on China? One really wonders if these covert trolls think before writing or just want to make these threats a joke fest.
No no..Irfan you got it wrong. The indians are right, absolutely right. What you dont understand is that they still consider/believe that still One Pakistani/Kashmiri equals 10 indians. :lol: Oh i love when they tell us this, i dont know how lame one has to be to believe in this!

And as far as their military is concerned, well a few here also vigorously advocated that they dont consider Pakistan as a threat, infact. Well may be they are right, you know what, Pakistan was never a threat, it was just the indian expansion/wipe-you-off attitude that was coming back to them every now and then, or else all the neighbors surrounding india would have been in peace and enjoyed real friendly relationships with them. May be they need to send in another Brigade or two in Kashmir so that they can commit more atrocities, HR violations and rapes!

Exactly why and how does India need China? The balance of trade between the two is heavily skewed in China's favor anyway which implies that India buys more Chinese products than vice versa. We are aware that the bulk of Chinese imports are cheap and unreliable low tech stuff. Therefore, a selective ban on non essential Chinese imports will definitely not hurt us, it may instead bring relief to many small scale industries feeling the pinch due to Chinese competition.

Regarding, China being made to take into account Indian sensibilities, by all means. How can they do business with us in India while hurting our interests elsewhere? No country can do that and expect to get away.

Sirjee, our manufacturer are greedy and have really high profit margins. That is why they fall behind chinese companies. Our cost of labor is equal to that of China but our margin levels are higher. Cheap products made in India is no different from cheap product made in China. Only difference is Chinese products are cheaper as we operate at higher margins while Chinese operations are volume-based.

A product made for $1 in China can be made for $1 in India as well. But when I import this product from China I will have to pay around 22% worth of duties + freight charges. This would increase the price to $1.25. Also the importer would have to go through our terrible customs to get the goods (sometimes is quick but sometimes takes months). Our manufacturer would price us $1.3 (as many local distributors would not like their goods stuck at customs as it would adversely affect their business) to reap max benefits they get due to our protectionist government. Therefore, it is only the Indian manufacturer who profiting and the consumer is paying the higher price.

Oh believe me I very well understand the mechanics and physics behind your post.

Thats why I'm not wasting my time in trying to reply to you seriously,like I do to some other posters.:wave:

If Dalia Lama is expelled from India and all of his offices and the Tibet's propoganda material is expelled from India then China may consider it, until then just keep babblling nothing will happen. There are plenty of markets for China to go to, if India closes its markets.

Where do you find the population as big as the Indian one for the Chinese goods except China itself?!
:cheesy:

Good luck. Chinese-Pakistan strategic relations cannot be harmed with this BS idea.:pakistan::china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china::pakistan::china::wave:
Are you sure? Because in normal economics, money and prestige flows in a two-way direction which is not the case in some places. The placing of bar has a matter of billions at stake just as Chinese can arm-twist US companies working in China.

It is simply business way of getting things done in today's context. You won't understand it unless you're yourself able to develop similar capabilities and dictate terms to international entities working in your country against your wishes.

Sirjee, our manufacturer are greedy and have really high profit margins. That is why they fall behind chinese companies. Our cost of labor is equal to that of China but our margin levels are higher. Cheap products made in India is no different from cheap product made in China. Only difference is Chinese products are cheaper as we operate at higher margins while Chinese operations are volume-based.

A product made for $1 in China can be made for $1 in India as well. But when I import this product from China I will have to pay around 22% worth of duties + freight charges. This would increase the price to $1.25. Also the importer would have to go through our terrible customs to get the goods (sometimes is quick but sometimes takes months). Our manufacturer would price us $1.3 (as many local distributors would not like their goods stuck at customs as it would adversely affect their business) to reap max benefits they get due to our protectionist government. Therefore, it is only the Indian manufacturer who profiting and the consumer is paying the higher price.

Manufacturing requires the following:

Technology
Capital (meaning Money)
Land
People

India has a problem of not having good labour which is disciplined and hard working.....The managers are fine but the workers are not. This impacts productivity and costs

India lags ability to produce 'low' to medium tech products as they are labour intensive and as in earliar point..its a problem

Land is the MOST DIFFICULT resource to acquire for manufacturing unless you have deep pockets, patience and connections to evict people if required.

Capital is nowadays least of the worries...but if you were an entrepreneur try raising the capital for a middle sized manufacturing outfit...

Now to performance..India exports about USD 200 Billion worth of goods and China about USD 1300 Billion...where's the comparison? I dont see any. Lets compare to South Korea. Thats more apt.

GOI tried to build SEZs for each vertical and thats failed as they have become land grabbing and money laundering tools.The only manufacturing thats worked is pure private enterprise dependent on foreign tech(atleast initially) and Indian managerial workers...eg Auto.

Kashmir exposure (or the lack of) today is not because of India's good deeds in Kashmir but due to Pakistan playing the spoiler role. I believe this can reversed, if Pakistanis changes their course. the question is: Will they? They have some key trump cards which India does not have.

India's upper hand today is because support from the big guys. If this support is negotiable, India will dance to the tune.

Let me say is: For US, everything is available on the table for negotiation. We don't rule out anything and we know what string to pull to move India in the right direction
If at all you had a choice of doing this, you'd have done it during the Clinton era. There's nothing you can do about this as this is a solely bilateral matter. Kashmir is going to stay ours and away from the hands of non-Indian entities. Separatists have all the rights and freedom to move to their Pakistani brothers' country and we won't stop them. But the land remains ours.

Neither US nor EU can do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom