What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
i can ask u the same question to u on the context of fata,baloochistan?
terrorists don\'t roam with a playcard saying\"kill me,i\'m terrorist\".....

I think u might know this tht whn Pakistan Army started operation against these foreign funded terrorists they vacate the area first and then kill them.

so chance tht PA kills civilian is very very low . as compare to the Indian army they kill innocent Kashmirs to show their top bosses tht they have killed terrorists .

I doubt tht those army people have any respect for Kashmirs coz they are there to kill them .so to suppress the freedom movement which is there from the beginning.

well you cant justify rape and murder, my friend.

What about the rape and murder by your so called freedom fighters??can you justify that?Indian army Jawans are also killed in the actions against those 'innocent civilians'? if they are so innocent then how come Jawans become martyr??Is it also the inside work of the Army??

May allah give these brave freedom fighters heaven.......:pakistan:

May allah give these brave freedom fighters heaven.......:pakistan:

To quote one of my favourite line(slightly modified)

"Heaven or Hell... That's between them and Allah...The Indian army is content with just getting the 2 to meet"

:azn:

The British signed a document with the person of King Abdul Rahman Khan in 1893. t was to remain in force for one hundred years. It has not been revived on the deadline, which was 1993.

Sir Durand gave verbal assurance to Afghanistan that the lease will lat until 1993, but in the written agreement there is no mention of it. Otherwise just like Hong Kong, N.W.F.P would have gone back to Afghanistan in 1993.

WHY IS PAKISTAN SEEKING RENEWAL OF DURAND LINE AGREEMENT WITH AFGHANISTAN?.
Why did KABUL denied to renew the agreement?.
PAKISTAN SEEKS RENEWAL OF DURAND LINE AGREEMENT WITH AFGHANISTAN. - AsiaPulse News | Encyclopedia.com

A 'verbal assurance' means there is no evidence any commitment was provided on the expiration of the Durand Agreement. In fact it beggars belief that something as important as the expiration of an international treaty would not be specifically mentioned in the treaty/agreement itself.

As for Khalilur Rehman's comments, those were in his individual capacity, and not the views of the GoP, as indicated in this complte article from the Dawn, which also points out that the Durand Agreement has no expiration date:

For decades Afghanistan has disputed the so-called Durand Line with some Afghan historians claiming that the agreement signed under duress was vaild for 100 years only. According to those historians the agreement had expired in January 1993.

The English text of the agreement, however, does not mention any time limit.
Governor urges federal govt to renew Durand Line agreement -DAWN - Top Stories; September 22, 2005

Give up yet? There is nothing validating Afghan claims of an expiration of the Durand agreement after 100 years.

Who cares whether it was tattoos or text or ISI propoganda material on them, or tactics or may be one of them was captured and executed after interrogation..

.. If Indians trust IA to keep us safe in India, we trust them when they say they killed 6 terrorists.. What ever any one else says, really doesnt matter to us...

Of course Pakistan cares, since India has made it a point to use the LeT as propaganda against Pakistan.

Whether you trust the IA to keep you safe or not has little to do with whether the claims made in the article are true or not. Trust does not equal evidence. So long as these events occur in disputed territory and India accuses 'external actors', it becomes Pakistan's business.

Guys.. Lets keep Durand Line and other subjects out of this thread.. No need to get into controvertial discussions. This is a happy thread.. Lets keep it that way..

btw Times Now is reporting that One more has been hunted down and killed. No e-media on that so far...

I think the title should be changed to "6 freedom fighters martyred in IOK"

YouTube - Kashmir children attacked by Indian soliders

here is further entertainment for our Indian friends.

These are Indian police not soldiers. This kind of violence on kids by the police is unacceptable. If these kids were doing anything wrong , they should have been detained but not beaten to the extent that they were in this recording. I can only hope that this kind of police brutality will face condemnation by the authorities in India

- Disputed status (not recognized by GOI) does not legitimize terror attacks
Strawman - who is legitimizing terror attacks? How do we know these militants would have engaged in terrorism (deliberate attacks on non-combatants) rather than attack Indian security forces occupying the territory?
- Disputed or not, its a part of India, run under the writ of Indian constitution and IA has been authorised by GOI to apprehend and kill terrorists, which they are doing. What anyone in Pakistan says has no bearing or impact on it.
Read my last response to you on this point - whether India wishes to live in delusions over the status of J&K does not change reality.
- You need to read my whole text to see the context in which I drew the parallel..
There can be no equivalence between FATA, Swat and K-P on one side, and disputed territory on the other. How do we know these militants were terrorists, rather than militants fighting against Indian occupation to get India to let the Kashmiris exercise their right of self-determination?

What about the rape and murder by your so called freedom fighters??can you justify that?Indian army Jawans are also killed in the actions against those 'innocent civilians'? if they are so innocent then how come Jawans become martyr??Is it also the inside work of the Army??

It is a fact that Pakistani terrorist groups having been slaughtering Kashmiris in the thousands.

This is not just an Indian allegation ... former ISI chief General Javed Ashraf Qazi has admitted it publicly in the Pakistan parliament.

Indian troops in Kashmir protect the locals from Pakistani terrorists; the local public and police play a very important role in the efforts to kill the terrorists.

Unfortunately, the majority of Pakistanis do not realize that they are victims of propaganda by their government.

Kashmir villagers protest Rashtrya Rifles camp pullout

Ishfaq ul Hassan / DNASaturday, March 27, 2010 0:11 IST

Srinagar: For those who champion the cause of demilitarisation, this should be an eye-opener.

Leaving behind fear, hundreds of people held a rare protest on Wednesday against the shifting of a Rashtriya Rifles (RR) camp from the remote Gadbad village in the border district of Kupwara.
Lieutenant Colonel JS Brar, the defence spokesman in Srinagar, said the protesters blocked roads leading out of the camp in Lolab valley. They also petitioned senior RR officers not to shift the camp, he said.

“The army has protected us from militant excesses. We do not want the dark days to return. We will approach the highest authority to stop the shifting,” 75-year-old Ghulam Ahmad Sheikh was quoted as saying. Sheikh’s two daughters were killed by militants in the late nineties.

About 120 km north of Srinagar, the serene Lolab valley was once a hotbed of militancy with several top ultras operating from the area. But the army eliminated dozens of senior militant leaders in the jungles, Brar said, adding, “The Rashtriya Rifles camps in the area have created a sense of security among locals.”

He said the readjustment of troops in active counter-insurgency operations was a dynamic and ongoing process. “However, this [protest] is heartening. Senior officers are aware of the matter, the security grid will not be affected,” the spokesman said.

Kashmir villagers protest Rashtrya Rifles camp pullout - dnaindia.com

Amen...may Allah give them equal status as the freedom fighters of Baluchisthan :pakistan:

And Baluchistan became disputed territory when?

One Indian already had his anti-Pakistan talking points debunked on the Durand Line, you really want to go down that road on Baluchistan now?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom