What's new

Kashmir key to Afghan conflict resolution

i personally dont mind if kashmir is not resolved... as long as pakistan goes as it is now... it is all fine...

i personally dont mind if kashmir is not resolved... as long as pakistan goes as it is now... it is all fine...

kashmir is the core issue for pakistan & they will keep going at it the way they have been in the past 60 odd years, irrespective of the repercussions it will have in every aspect of their being.
whereas for india it's a peripheral issue & i hope it remains that way so that we do not have to divert our energy from where it needs to be spent.

kashmir is the core issue for pakistan & they will keep going at it the way they have been in the past 60 odd years
Unless sense prevails amongst our leadership (like with Musharraf), and we come to a mutually acceptable agreement with India which the Kashmiri's are also (and most importantly) happy with.

Then we can both divert our energy and resources to more pressing issues and ills we have at home.

It is not going to solved till both parties are beneficiaries or one is annihilated. No one wants to loose it so the thing is till the day Pakistan does not have anything to offer Indians are going to stay and maintain the status quo.

Unless sense prevails amongst our leadership (like with Musharraf), and we come to a mutually acceptable agreement with India which the Kashmiri's are also (and most importantly) happy with.

Then we can both divert our energy and resources to more pressing issues and ills we have at home.

wise thought!! but is there any solution where all three parties can be happy with? some one has to blink first.. if we can be honest, can't see any one of the three willing to do that. till it then, status quo will remain.. which just suites fine to just one of the parties involved!!

War needs money which Pakistan does not have. It is not just weapon types but their count, supply, world support everything matters. I do not see this changing in next 100 years.

For what ever it's worth, Indian friends might consider not being so defensive - after all, if their position has inherent merit, it will stand or it may be that policy changes among leading powers can necessitate changes among regional powers as well.

And really, the issue of captive Kashmir will need to be resolved, as will the political problem of Afghanistan, whether they can be related or not, they need solution and it seems that the "sense" that problems are related is not one that will soon disappear, isn't that so, should we not be prepared for that day?? Hain ji?

Back
Top Bottom