What's new

Kashmir is India's 'internal' issue: US envoy

Modi is a good administrator. And I shall be in the minority amongst Indians here but I don't like him. His govt. either systematically killed Indian Muslims or at best turned a blind eye when Indian Muslims were being killed. IMHO, he deserves to be in jail for carrying out his duties to protect Indian citizenry. Besides, he is CM of Gujurat - if he introduced prohibition throughout the country, I would have to move back abroad.

Well this is not a right thread to discuss this topic but what you want to say about Sikh riots ???? Emergency ???? and lot more

Sirji no one is clean

Well this is not a right thread to discuss this topic but what you want to say about Sikh riots ???? Emergency ???? and lot more

Sirji no one is clean

Yea, it's off topic. Some other time perhaps.

Kashmir is India's 'internal' issue: US envoy

NEW DELHI: With Kashmir reportedly being excluded from the UN list of unresolved disputes, the US today said it was an "internal issue" of India and should be resolved bilaterally through negotiations with Pakistan.

"This is an internal issue for India. It is a bilateral issue between Pakistan and India, to discuss term, scope, character and pace," US Ambassador Timothy Roemer said.

He was asked to comment on UN excluding Kashmir from list of unresolved international issues.

"The (US) President ( Barack Obama), I think was very articulate on this issue of Kashmir. This is an internal issue for India," he said on the sidelines of a function here.

Roemer noted that during his visit, Obama had said that he encouraged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and people of India to engage with the government and people of Pakistan.

He underlined that whenever India and Pakistan talk, it will be at the "pace and character" of the two countries.

On Obama announcing support for India's bid for permanent UNSC membership, he said the US will now work to realise the promise.

"We are very proud about President's announcement that he is unequivocally and fervently in favour of India having a permanent seat in a reformed United Nations. It was one of the many highlights of (his) visit to India..We will be working to see that happen," Roemer said.

Kashmir is India's 'internal' issue: US envoy - The Times of India
Ouch.. That was counts for 2 major bomb drops in a single day. :lol:

Der aaye, par drust aaye Americans eh? 62 years; but its okay; we have thousands of years of history, half a century of bad luck is nothing.

You didn't understand me, I'm not threatening a nuclear war, what I'm saying is, NATO and the Warsaw Pact - came close to full Thermo Nuclear War by accident on numerous occasions. When you have two countries, who's reaction time is minutes, there is always a danger of events overtaking policy makers.

Our nuclear arsenals are increasing year on year, pretty soon it will cross the level where an exchange would result in MAD.

Not a pretty thought, but this dispute, could be the cause of a nuclear configuration. God Forbid.....

Pakistan will use nuke only in case of an existential threat, which almost was nullified with Pak getting nukes and ways to deliver them. Pakistan will never use nuke pre-emptively knowing India's second strike capabilities and the peril of making whole world including her all weather friend against her.

There's offcourse a chance of nuke exchange in case of an escalated conflict considering Pakistan's knack for misadventures, guess we'll have to live with the fear as of now.

Then you would realize India intends to keep delaying negotiations on Kashmir till it talks from a position of strength. It Since 2000, India's bargaining power against Pakistan has been increasing. It is in India's interest to keep delaying it for atleast 10 more years

Thank you for your post, Pakistani readers will no doubt find it of interest - and I for one very much agree. US policy, given Mr. Obabma's statement and that of the US dept of State through it's ambassador ought to now be clear to some who may have harbored misgivings about our characterization of the policy as designed fundamentally to ensure instability in the region.

You are correct, at least in my opinion, that India's bargaining power against Pakistan is increasing and will continue to increase as India develops her economy and Pakistan's becomes more a tool for the benefit of politicians and bureaucrats.

But why just 10 years, in 20 years, Pakistan may not be be around to negotiate with, isn't that so? Reality is India enjoyed a position of power during the Musharraf regime but was still willing to negotiate because US policy had not not come out so emphatically to mirror Indian policy.

Then you would realize India intends to keep delaying negotiations on Kashmir till it talks from a position of strength. It Since 2000, India's bargaining power against Pakistan has been increasing. It is in India's interest to keep delaying it for atleast 10 more years.

People have to realise that even if Pakistan is totally removed from this dispute, their will have to be an accommodation with the tens of thousands of people, who have been on the streets of Srinagar since 1989, even people in the indian establishment such as omar abdullah, have rejected the status quo.

If people believe in a cause, there is no limit to the length of time, they will resist.

Pakistan will use nuke only in case of an existential threat, which almost was nullified with Pak getting nukes and ways to deliver them. Pakistan will never use nuke pre-emptively knowing India's second strike capabilities and the peril of making whole world including her all weather friend against her.

There's offcourse a chance of nuke exchange in case of an escalated conflict considering Pakistan's knack for misadventures, guess we'll have to live with the fear as of now.

You are naive my friend, when wars occur and people are put under pressure that is when their is a danger of accidental launch. The very reason that these countries are so near, and therefore policy makers will have just minutes to react, will make it possible for the unthinkable to occur.

Your quip about misadventures aside, with the size of arsenal, which is growing year on year, there will be loss of life in the hundreds of millions, with the survivors wishing they had been the ones that have died.

Thank you for your post, Pakistani readers will no doubt find it of interest - and I for one very much agree. US policy, given Mr. Obabma's statement and that of the US dept of State through it's ambassador ought to now be clear to some who may have harbored misgivings about our characterization of the policy as designed fundamentally to ensure instability in the region.

You are correct, at least in my opinion, that India's bargaining power against Pakistan is increasing and will continue to increase as India develops her economy and Pakistan's becomes more a tool for the benefit of politicians and bureaucrats.

But why just 10 years, in 20 years, Pakistan may not be be around to negotiate with, isn't that so? Reality is India enjoyed a position of power during the Musharraf regime but was still willing to negotiate because US policy had not not come out so emphatically to mirror Indian policy.
You misunderstood his comment. The US approval for us was to tell the world an opinion we've been telling for eons; it is not an order or a command and neither we ever considered it. Our neutral country policy remember?

Since till now US was a major influential player who turned blind eye to our words till now, we wanted to get their nod. They are good future strategic partners; just as the other dozen or more strategic partners we have.

If people believe in a cause, there is no limit to the length of time, they will resist.

Only if the cause is a genuine cause and not biased.

Since till now US was a major influential player who turned blind eye to our words till now, we wanted to get their nod. They are good future strategic partners; just as the other dozen or more strategic partners we have

I have no problem with that statement, it's basically what we have outlined, namely that US policy is designed to create instability.

See, we have no objection that India should see the world in the way it chooses, nor do we have any objection that the US see the world as it wishes to -- our effort is allow our readers to see through the positions and see the result of US policy, not as an unintended consequence, but by design --- and in doing so, ask whether the US is relevant, after all, if mischief is what the US policy is about, it is best quarantined, this is what Pakistani readers should take away from this.

You misunderstood his comment. The US approval for us was to tell the world an opinion we've been telling for eons; it is not an order or a command and neither we ever considered it. Our neutral country policy remember?

Since till now US was a major influential player who turned blind eye to our words till now, we wanted to get their nod. They are good future strategic partners; just as the other dozen or more strategic partners we have.

Only if the cause is a genuine cause and not biased.

Your statement reminds me of Hannibal's war's in Italy, the Roman's defeated this brilliant general, by simply refusing to play by the ancient worlds excepted traditions, who are we to say if a cause is genuine or not biased.

The cause is always in the eye of the beholder. If you ask a Kashmiri they will give you chapter and verse about their trials and tribulations back hundreds of years.

You are naive my friend, when wars occur and people are put under pressure that is when their is a danger of accidental launch. The very reason that these countries are so near, and therefore policy makers will have just minutes to react, will make it possible for the unthinkable to occur.

Your quip about misadventures aside, with the size of arsenal, which is growing year on year, there will be loss of life in the hundreds of millions, with the survivors wishing they had been the ones that have died.

I understand the situation, that's why I accepted that nuclear exchange is likely in case of an escalated conflict.

Misadventure wasn't quip rather an understanding of Pakistani psyche which is similar to that of North/North-West Indian. Pakistanis have been far less calculative and far more emotional in all the wars against India.

I understand the situation, that's why I accepted that nuclear exchange is likely in case of an escalated conflict.

Misadventure wasn't quip rather an understanding of Pakistani psyche which is similar to that of North/North-West Indian. Pakistanis have been far less calculative and far more emotional in all the wars against India.

Let's all hope, it never comes to that.

The cause is always in the eye of the beholder. If you ask a Kashmiri they will give you chapter and verse about their trials and tribulations back hundreds of years.

Really? I do ask the 4 Kashmiri classmates that I have; Nikhil Razdan, Irma Matoo, Amarpal Singh Langoo and Nikita Kaul all the time. They're quite pleased to be a part of India. So what "struggle" is going on?

American said Kashmir is internal issue
American said blaa blaa blaa is Indian
American said blaa blaa blaa for Indian
American said blaa blaa blaa chances for Indian

seems like Indians are happy on thr dad'z statements ... lol

American said Kashmir is internal issue
American said blaa blaa blaa is Indian
American said blaa blaa blaa for Indian
American said blaa blaa blaa chances for Indian

seems like Indians are happy on thr dad'z statements ... lol

every son is proud when he can help his daddy out..in this case a few thousand jobs to the ailing economy of daddy's..atleast we are not like that spoilt kid that needs to keep asking daddy money for everything :azn:

Back
Top Bottom