What's new

Karzai to ask for lethal weapons, won't mind Indian troops on Afghan soil

In other words Karzai wants to switch masters from USA and Europe to India.
No suprise he will soon start bidding for Iran as well!

Cannot be certain of that, there haven't been any attacks on Indian interests in Afghanistan after the ISI sponsored Haqqani attack on Indian consulates way back, wonder if there's any truce on the ground - just a thought.

No evidence that the ISI was involved in the attack on the Indian consulate. The reason why there hasn't been attacks on Indian interests in Afghanistan may have more to do with good security rather than a link between the two...Unless you're admitting that the Indians have influence with the Taliban that no one knows about.

Had you chosen not to join what was essentially America's war, after their "friendly" overtures, you would not have an alienated populace in the Pakistani Taliban. This is no pretense, just fact.

The Pakistani Taliban didn't exist until 2007, so you can't be right about that. I do admit that joining the war did help foster resentment, but the Pakistani Taliban didn't exist back then.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that Pakistan would still have been blamed regardless.

Not 1% Afghans support Taliban, even in villages, I am aware of it. All Taliban are illiterate and jobless morons of Pakistani tribal areas, lured by ISI as proxy PA fighters.
Taliban have support among Afghans, its a completely false narrative. Very few people understand it.

The fact that the Taliban draw mainly from Kandahar and control everything but the major cities in Afghanistan proves that they have support among the local population. You continuing to blame the ISI without evidence is nothing more than denying facts and living in a fantasy.

What stops you?...maybe you don't have what it takes to do that,or your nation is impotent to carry out such a venture...,or maybe your generals are a little less stupid than a bhaarthi troll on the web?

Ahem...Our Generals don't control our nukes.

India is the largest importer of arms. I don't see how we will be able to support Afghanistan with military aid in any substantial way.

No evidence that the ISI was involved in the attack on the Indian consulate. The reason why there hasn't been attacks on Indian interests in Afghanistan may have more to do with good security rather than a link between the two...Unless you're admitting that the Indians have influence with the Taliban that no one knows about.
Indian interests and Indian development projects are guarded by para-military forces of India itself,so you can say that Indian boots are already there in Afghanistan protecting and serving our interests.But yes there has not been even attempted attacks,so............

Pakistani population is a wimp and likes to be lead by strong rhetoric leader even if he will lead them to abyss with his BS. Think Jinnah for example who founded the country, Bhutto who destroyed its economy and Mard e Momin Zia ul Haq who set it on fire...It is a nation where Hitler will love to born again.

If wish we had a leader like hitler (just less paranoid).. rest i agree with you..

Nobody support Taliban and mullahs anymore. 60% Taliban control idea is just your fantasy that makes you live happily for a moment.

Than how are the taliban surviving with NATO and ur mighty NA on their arse? do they have magic wands or something?

Not acceptable. But if we have to choose between our own army and the foreign troops, then my choice always would be my own troops.

Sure.. The flip side though is that you cant even fight against them..

Well weren't you occupied by mughals and british? India used to exist for thousands of years according to Indians here.
Ah! so you do believe that India existed before 1947 ? Unlike a lot of your brethren here that believe that India and Pakistan both came into existence in 1947 and there was no entity called united India before that :)

Indian interests and Indian development projects are guarded by para-military forces of India itself,so you can say that Indian boots are already there in Afghanistan protecting and serving our interests.But yes there has not been even attempted attacks,so............

Again, that could be more about security rather than Indian influence.

Maybe there have not been attempted attacks because the Taliban don't want even more foreigners in Afghanistan. Indian boots are only there to protect Indian workers and Indian related projects, not to fight war, and I think the Taliban understand that much.

Indian RAW will be interested
but troops there will be a big opposition from indian people as US and NATO troops are dying they cannot defend even they have more advance staff
Indians will die more and there will be more hate to Indian

Better stuck with the lethal weapons

Lethal weapons? Even nukes?? :woot:

Seriously, we don't need to get physically involved in Afghanistan by sending troops out there. It's a bad, bad idea!

If wish we had a leader like hitler (just less paranoid).. rest i agree with you..

Than how are the taliban surviving with NATO and ur mighty NA on their arse? do they have magic wands or something?

Good question. They force people to feed them in their houses, claiming to be ****** and fighting for Islam :blah: and on some occasions the civilian residences come under airstrike because of this. Most of the Taliban involved in insurgency are foreigners. They do not have support among people in villages, they always force people and operate by force. This is a vast mountainous country, insurgents hide in mountains, its not Iraq scenario. People do not like them because they are deadly fools.

The fact that the Taliban draw mainly from Kandahar and control everything but the major cities in Afghanistan proves that they have support among the local population. You continuing to blame the ISI without evidence is nothing more than denying facts and living in a fantasy.

Even people in rural areas now believe and understand the problems, they call insurgents, the ISI dogs. please stop this prove and evidence logic. Main stream media knows this, cyber space is full of it, the whole world knows it. Our government presented tonnes evidence to Pakistani government, and asked them to stop the double game.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom