What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

They are - if you can maintain 'em. Its Italian, so it ain't cheap.

If you're talking about cost, then yeah, its a better fit - for Training purpose.

But in terms of comparing the two, the M-346 will have the L-15 for lunch.

With the exception of the new BOEING T-7 Red Hawk (formally Boeing T-X), the best Trainer in the market IS the M-346.

...and that list includes:
LM/KAI T-50 Golden Eagle
Yakovlev Yak-130
Agreed. There is a very nice article on the M-346 in the Aviation News this month. Being able to simulate virtual enemy aircraft while in the air ... pretty nifty stuff. I think for the next gen, a LIFT like that would be an amazing choice.

106211246_10158588453614919_553885788873268154_o.jpg

Agreed. There is a very nice article on the M-346 in the Aviation News this month. Being able to simulate virtual enemy aircraft while in the air ... pretty nifty stuff. I think for the next gen, a LIFT like that would be an amazing choice.
K8 has the same capability and has had it for 10 years. It’s an electronic pod. I don’t think PAF got it.

K8 has the same capability and has had it for 10 years. It’s an electronic pod. I don’t think PAF got it.
K-8 is nowhere near as capable as the M-346. Its a good aircraft in its own role, which is basic/intermediate training.
As for the capability, I don't think K-8s have anything of the sort I mentioned, unless you have any sources you can point to that shows K-8 having this capability. What is this pod called?

K-8 is nowhere near as capable as the M-346. Its a good aircraft in its own role, which is basic/intermediate training.
As for the capability, I don't think K-8s have anything of the sort I mentioned, unless you have any sources you can point to that shows K-8 having this capability. What is this pod called?
I am not comparing K8 with M-346. What I am saying is the the Chinese also have a pod for K8, which allows it to simulate other aircraft. It came out about ten years ago. Let me look for it and I will post it.

• K-8V
An 'integrated flight test simulation aircraft' (IFTSA), equipped with an advanced flight control computer and analogue fly-by-wire (FBW) system which can mimic the aerodynamic characteristics and flight profile of other aircraft. The pod looks like the smoke generator pods used by Sherdils.

I am not comparing K8 with M-346. What I am saying is the the Chinese also have a pod for K8, which allows it to simulate other aircraft. It came out about ten years ago. Let me look for it and I will post it.

• K-8V
An 'integrated flight test simulation aircraft' (IFTSA), equipped with an advanced flight control computer and analogue fly-by-wire (FBW) system which can mimic the aerodynamic characteristics and flight profile of other aircraft. The pod looks like the smoke generator pods used by Sherdils.

Ah I got you. Its not what I was talking about in reference to the article. The M-346 virtually simulates other aircraft opponents for the pilot flying the trainer. As the article mentions it, a 3-ship of trainers take off and they see a 4th aircraft in the air, a simulated Mig-29 for eg.

Will post it when I get time. I didnt finish reading it yet myself =)

Ah I got you. Its not what I was talking about in reference to the article. The M-346 virtually simulates other aircraft opponents for the pilot flying the trainer. As the article mentions it, a 3-ship of trainers take off and they see a 4th aircraft in the air, a simulated Mig-29 for eg.

Will post it when I get time. I didnt finish reading it yet myself =)
Spoofing?

What is the PAF current inventory of K-8s and K-8Ps?
Wikipedia without quoting the source reveals that PAF possess 92 K-8s and K-8Ps and with a note that 32 K-8Ps were delivered in 2020.
According to SIPRI data base 12 K-8s and 27 K-8Ps were delivered to PAF.

1599165698514.png

Why PAF is inducting so many K-8Ps?

Back
Top Bottom