What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

Tempest, yes my view precisely.

Chogy, in a mechanized war, if you are sending an aircraft at low altitude, it makes more sense to send a cheap K-8 or A-1, rather than a more expensive F-16.

I bet the guy who is hit by a 500Ib bomb won't be able to tell the difference.......

K-8s can also perform CAP missions too with PL-5 missiles. They did some in 1998 during Nuclear ADA. They would be a potent platform in COIN ops, but PAF would need little modification in the design used by PAF...For A-A role, threat warning system and avionics need to be modified....who knows whats the true capability of PAF, if they can use C-130s in combat then surely K-8 can be used too:D

K-8s can also perform CAP missions too with PL-5 missiles. They did some in 1998 during Nuclear ADA. They would be a potent platform in COIN ops, but PAF would need little modification in the design used by PAF...For A-A role, threat warning system and avionics need to be modified....who knows whats the true capability of PAF, if they can use C-130s in combat then surely K-8 can be used too:D

Using C-130s (or An-12s or C-47 Dakotas) or any aircraft like that just to roll off bombs from is no big deal. It was an exceedingly primitive and extremely inefficient method of warfare. Apart from disposing off some WW2- era dumb iron bombs and some sensational journalistic copy, the results were not worth talking about much.

Using C-130s (or An-12s or C-47 Dakotas) or any aircraft like that just to roll off bombs from is no big deal. It was an exceedingly primitive and extremely inefficient method of warfare. Apart from disposing off some WW2- era dumb iron bombs and some sensational journalistic copy, the results were not worth talking about much.

Not to flame up anything but you don't even know what PAF has done to their C-130's yes its no rocket science but those so called dumb bombs do break some serious back ... hence, PAF used them in the war with India and yes it was more then worth talking about read up capt.

Not to flame up anything but you don't even know what PAF has done to their C-130's yes its no rocket science but those so called dumb bombs do break some serious back ... hence, PAF used them in the war with India and yes it was more then worth talking about read up capt.

I know about those ops, since I read about them contemporaneously. Just as the IAF rolled off bombs from An-12s at Changa Manga and over BD. Even earlier bombs were dropped from Dakotas in J and K (1948). I read (and know) about that from all these years. They were a interesting diversion from the usual military tactics, but not much else besides.

Somebody only has memories of 65? I was referring to the recent use of C-130s in WoT. The laser spot tracking/reconnaissance capability was used for the first time in combat.

Somebody only has memories of 65? I was referring to the recent use of C-130s in WoT. The laser spot tracking/reconnaissance capability was used for the first time in combat.

What is ideal for the WoT role is the AC-130.

Is the PAF now using C-130s in this role in the WOT? Or else we have nothing else but memories to fall back on.

TOPGUN, I think the standard 2-seat K-8 would be a fine COIN aircraft. The guy in back works the radios, spots and communicates, the guy up front flies.

Desirable characteristics for COIN are moderate speeds, loiter, agility, ease of flight in the low-altitude environment, visibility, many others. In the past, COIN has been flown by turboprop aircraft like the OV-10 and some of the newer aircraft. But jets work as well. By definition, the threat to the aircraft in COIN ops is less than a full nation-state battle.

COIN is more than delivering weapons. Probably more important is spotting, FAC work, communications, and the like. Refit the K-8 with a new suite of radios, some rockets armed with smoke, and what it can do is spot targets, mark them with smoke, so they can in turn be targeted by F-16's.

IMO the A-10 would be one of the best COIN/FAC aircraft imaginable.

In the past, many training aircraft have been turned into FAC/COIN aircraft. The OA-37 comes to mind.

Is the PAF now using C-130s in this role in the WOT? Or else we have nothing else but memories to fall back on.

PAF has modified C-130 by adding EO/IR sensors and cameras for use in WoT

Hmm My I always get stuck to this place, it's so cool and may be tv series could be made with it here it is

300px-A-10_Thunderbolt_II_In-flight-2.jpg

a-10-19990422-f-7910d-517.jpeg

so sleek!

A-10 that is!

TOPGUN, I think the standard 2-seat K-8 would be a fine COIN aircraft. The guy in back works the radios, spots and communicates, the guy up front flies.

Desirable characteristics for COIN are moderate speeds, loiter, agility, ease of flight in the low-altitude environment, visibility, many others. In the past, COIN has been flown by turboprop aircraft like the OV-10 and some of the newer aircraft. But jets work as well. By definition, the threat to the aircraft in COIN ops is less than a full nation-state battle.

COIN is more than delivering weapons. Probably more important is spotting, FAC work, communications, and the like. Refit the K-8 with a new suite of radios, some rockets armed with smoke, and what it can do is spot targets, mark them with smoke, so they can in turn be targeted by F-16's.

IMO the A-10 would be one of the best COIN/FAC aircraft imaginable.

In the past, many training aircraft have been turned into FAC/COIN aircraft. The OA-37 comes to mind.

Your Idea is good and great I support it !

Thankyou Chogy sir for the info intersting as it is i too hope PAF gets the K-8's invloved in the WOT.

Back
Top Bottom