What's new

Karakorum - 8 (K-8) | Jet Trainer Aircraft.

1300031085_65425.jpg

PLAN K8

I wonder if and when we get the L-15 trainer aircrafts if they will be used for light attack roles other then just the training role ?

China's Jiao-8 jet finishes first live rocket exercise
Soldiers of the PLA Air Force prepare for the takeoff of a Jiao-8 jet trainer on April 20, 2011.

China's Jiao-8 trainer aircraft successfully fired rocket projectiles on targets on Tuesday for the first time since its deployment in the 1990s. Zhang Lanrui, senior colonel of the PLA Air Force, said the Jiao-8 aircraft has not fully utilized its fire control system and assault capability since its deployment.

The first live fire test of rocket projectile is important for exploiting the performance of the weapon system of Jiao-8, increasing its long-range and air-to-ground striking ability.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We should use some of the K-8's in the wot and change the color schme to grey or something else i think it would be in good use there .

unguided rockets
23mm cannon
aam's

it can be used as a COIN a/c - Venezuela, chile or peru are using K-8 as a COIN platform

Thx Fatman for the wepons info i just wonder why doesn't PAF use them as in COIN a/c and use them on wot?

Y SHOULD WE USE K 8 AGAINST TALIBANS WHEN WE HAVE BETTER PLATFORMS AVAILABLE FOR THIS PURPOSE?
A SINGLE F-16 WILL DO A MISSION FAR MORE EFFICIENTLY FOR WHICH 8 K8S MAY BE REQUIRED.
SECONDLY TALIBAN'S HIDE OUTS R NOT EASY TARGETS.THEY R USUALLY WELL DUG IN CAVES N FORTIFIED BUNKERS AGAINST WHICH U NEED PRECISE N ACCURATE BOMBS.20 MM CANNON OR ROCKETS WILL BE SIMILAR TO TRY TO DESTROY A TANK USING A STONE

Y SHOULD WE USE K 8 AGAINST TALIBANS WHEN WE HAVE BETTER PLATFORMS AVAILABLE FOR THIS PURPOSE?
A SINGLE F-16 WILL DO A MISSION FAR MORE EFFICIENTLY FOR WHICH 8 K8S MAY BE REQUIRED.
SECONDLY TALIBAN'S HIDE OUTS R NOT EASY TARGETS.THEY R USUALLY WELL DUG IN CAVES N FORTIFIED BUNKERS AGAINST WHICH U NEED PRECISE N ACCURATE BOMBS.20 MM CANNON OR ROCKETS WILL BE SIMILAR TO TRY TO DESTROY A TANK USING A STONE

For cost effective ground support.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom