What's new

Karachi’s garbage crisis: Bahria Town launches cleanliness drive

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Bahria Town authorities kickstarted a cleanliness drive on Monday to assist in the garbage disposal crisis surrounding the metropolis.

Making good on its promise to lend a helping hand to the Sindh government in cleaning up the city, the Bahria Town management has announced mobilisation of 50 vehicles and 600 personnel for picking up garbage from Karachi’s streets.

The vehicles and volunteers will begin cleaning up Shahrah-e-Pakistan in the first phase of the drive. Focus will also be on Shahrah-e-Noor Jahan, Sher Shah Suri Road and other roads and streets of Karachi, the management said.

Bahria Town officials have meanwhile prepared an alternate plan to save the public from traffic jams during the cleanliness drive.

Director-Bahria Town, Zain Malik has promised that Karachiites will be able to see results of the cleanliness drive within one week.

“We will use our machinery to pick garbage from Karachi’s streets. We are focusing on cleaning up the Central District first,” he said, adding the drive will soon expand to other areas.

Malik appealed to the residents to assist his team in the mission.

“Karachi public, help us in cleaning up the city. The results will be visible within one week of the cleanliness drive,” he pledged.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/134096-Karachis-garbage-crisis-Bahria-Town-launches-cleanliness-drive

Actually cleaning mega cities is a weekly task , and you can't improve much with 1 week drive has to be done whole year weekly basis.

Serious illness like Ebola virus spreads in Africa due to one simple reason

"Abundance of Filth" in water , and street. That should be enough of reason to get people to seriously resolve the issue and wild life interaction with filth and then spread of virus

dsc03233_medium.jpg

kingtom-bomeh-rubbish-dump-freetown-sierra-leone-bh6x5y.jpg

We are not far behind these scenes

There are few areas in Karachi that resemble these scenes

If Sindh is given Budget for Mega City and Province, where is the Audit for that budget were is the $$$ going ?

This below is Scene from Pakistan's main city
l_111106_092305_updates.jpg

582839-image-1374954960-407-640x480.jpg

And as I stated before once any Epidemic takes hold , it will not care what City or Province comes under its influence

And we also happen to just have a population of Fruit Bats
55f9732407611.jpg

800251-Ebola-1417456734.jpg

When Virus will take strong hold then we won't find Uncle Zardari or his son Bilawar or his sisters or aunts, MQM walu they already have bookin in UAE or UK

All of them will be off in first flight to UAE to UK or overseas

So Sindh get your act together and FIX this shiat ....

Don't let it to a Level where we become the Next Sierra Leon

If my POST shook something inside you then good !!! I wanted you to see the Grim reality ....This is a ticking timebomb

Last edited:
And what about that vehicles coming from china for picking the garbages for production of power?

And what about that vehicles coming from china for picking the garbages for production of power?
They were meant only for District South(Sadar, Clifton etc.), you know, where the bureaucrats, the MPAs, MNAs, and ministers themselves reside in.

Nothing for the aam admi.

They were meant only for District South(Sadar, Clifton etc.), you know, where the bureaucrats, the MPAs, MNAs, and ministers themselves reside in.

Ahaaa....
paisa paisa krti ha pasay pay marty ha:D:D

BTw way i agree with your point:yahoo:

Bahria Town starts garbage lifting in Karachi

l_192229_052609_print.jpg

Chief Executive Malik Riaz Hussain says cleanliness campaign would be done without any charges

KARACHI: After the unsuccessful cleanliness campaign of Karachi mayor, the Bahria Town has started lifting garbage from the narrow lanes of Karachi’s Central District.

Bahria Town Chief Executive Malik Riaz Hussain, in a telephonic address on the occasion, said garbage lifting in Karachi would be done without any charges. He said it is the government’s job to continue this effort. He said the cleanliness campaign has no political motive. He said they did not use welfare works for doing politics.

Malik Riaz said Bahria Town would successfully discharge its duty in lifting garbage from the area the government has assigned it. He said local and provincial governments should ensure daily cleanliness of the city and Bahria Town would always cooperate with them in this regard.

The garbage lifting started on Monday after mutual discussion between Bahria Town Chairman Malik Riaz and Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah recently. While talking to ‘The News’ on Monday, the spokesman of Bahria Town Zain Malik said that garbage lifting had just been started and the pace would accelerate with time.

He said that Malik Raiz had offered Bahria Town’s services to lift garbage from Karachi. Zain said that he had held talks with the Sindh CM who had directed him to start garbage lifting from Karachi’s central district because it was MQM’s stronghold.

Zain told ‘The News’ that a survey was being conducted to see the amount of machinery required to successfully complete the garbage lifting drive. He further asserted that they would clean Karachi’s Central District.

The trucks with manpower are seen working in Karachi’s Central District with banners saying “Safaiee Muhim Bahria Town” — which literally translates as Bahria Town’s cleanliness drive. Earlier, at a press conference with Karachi Mayor Waseem Akhtar, Karachi District Central Chairman Rehan Hashmi said he lived in Defence Housing Authority. When he was pointed about heaps of garbage, he got offended and challenged the media, but later the mayor asked him to calm down. Hashmi has opened a cafeteria at the Nazimabad Eidgah. He has covered the ground to cater to sports for commercial purposes only and has closed it for common citizens.

Only Malik Riaz, despite his corruption, has the machinery/capacity and management to do something like this.

Good initiative by him. Much needed in Karachi and many other cities/towns.

One observation i made about bharia town is that since bharia enteted karachi since that day karachis overall condition has deteriorated considerably.
Its a very well know fact tha malik riaz is a partner with asif zardari in bharia karachi.
First there was a total. Melt down of law and order in Karachi under ppp govt. But during that period how ever the trash used to get disposed. But since the operation law anf order imporved over all condition of karachi went down. All civic services saw a great down fall.
My logic many wont agree with me but i think karachi was deliberately destroyed by ppp for bharia town to flourish. If karachi is restoredto its full glory why would any karchite will leave it and mobe to bharia town in middle of nowhere.

One observation i made about bharia town is that since bharia enteted karachi since that day karachis overall condition has deteriorated considerably.
Its a very well know fact tha malik riaz is a partner with asif zardari in bharia karachi.
First there was a total. Melt down of law and order in Karachi under ppp govt. But during that period how ever the trash used to get disposed. But since the operation law anf order imporved over all condition of karachi went down. All civic services saw a great down fall.
My logic many wont agree with me but i think karachi was deliberately destroyed by ppp for bharia town to flourish. If karachi is restoredto its full glory why would any karchite will leave it and mobe to bharia town in middle of nowhere.
In today's world there is nothing like a free lunch....... So if someone is giving you free lunch along with a lollipop its time to think what is so bitter to hide through lollipop

Back
Top Bottom