What's new

Karachiites! Have you ever tried to look at PPP objectively?

I know he is good person - does social work here and there.

But that doesn't mean he can run for Mayorship....It's a different ball game

Don't want to hurt you or others over things like these but there is something you all need to understand.

Urdu guys won't trespass into other's territory and we would like others to respect ours as well

If others will run for here and then where will we run from/for? Peshawar?

Karachi is dear to us and we speak and breath for her. No other ethnicity can replace our love for Karachi.

This is our only home and others better respect it.

I was not referring to you or doubting your love for Karachi

But Urdu guys should be given priority when it comes to Karachi. It will show Karachiites how much PTI cares for us actually.

There is a reason why PPP has brought forward Murtaza Wahab as administrator.

Mate just take a step back and look at what you have written, isn't it exactly what Sindhis say about non-sindhis moving into Karachi/Hyderabad or Balochis say about Punjabis/Urdu speakers moving to Balochistan. What you are advocating for is a quota system just like what PPP brought in just reversed.

People need to understand that merit should be the criteria and not ethnicity. If a guy does something good for his city, it directly affects all of us and also the country, irrespective of our bloodlines. Take an example of cricket, when any member of the team plays good and wins a match, its not his ethnicity that wins, or his city or his province, its Pakistan that wins.

Pakistan stands for Punjab, Afghania, Kashmir, Sindh & Balochistan and we all bleed green

PPP has been in power in Sindh for a long time and Sindh keeps going backwards as the rest of Pakistan goes forwards. PPP has ruined Sindh.

There are chronic problems in Sindh
The most visible problem is "Selective" access to Jobs in Government based on Language rather then your Merit.

There is rampant , cheating in HIgher education institutes , colleges or Universities which destroyed the generations who later get into Government body to manage institutes

The failiure in performance of various Sindhi Government bodies is a reflection at the low quality Human Resources skills SIndh Province has , due to rampant cheating in schools.

The Problems in Sindh , and specifically Karachi become even more apparent , as the various systems such as Transportation , Sanitization , Parks and Recycling have failed Massively

The neglect has been tremendous , had it been china they would have hanged the Politicians for their neglect

But in Sindh , they can remain in power with promises of free "Pay Check" or "Salary" for workers who have no real skills they just come to office to collect money

• Road System in SIndh , in Shambles
  • Bus and Transit , worse in Country
  • Recycling and Garbage cleanup , most horrible in world
  • Availability of Parks and Services to Children , none existant
  • Rampaging illegal constructions
  • Continuous destruction of trees and plantations
  • Every infrastructure bridge is littered with Graffiti Madness and nasty slogans

Bhutto family themselves lived in India they moved back to SIndh after partition so technically they were Migrants
Later Bhutto made the elections controversial after Elections , so he has been a problem in Pakistan

Benazir ? ! The savior Pakistani Economy Tanked when she was in power
When Zardari was in rule we had a gas and power crisis in Pakistan and failure of CNG stations

When Bilwal came to SIndh , Karachi was Flooded with Epic floods due to failiure of engineering in water ducts for channeling out water

Jobs should be based on Skill Level and your Intelligence not , by cheating the University/College System or faked grades in SIndh Schools

PPP is a State with in a state and at some point it will Pit Pakistan vs PPP

If you have population 100% in Sindh and 30-40% Speak Urdu and have tremendous credentials , but then when it comes to job for Government in Sindh , the Job goes to some random Lalu , who can't even write a English Application
No wonder that Provincial branch will go up in fire

Jobs in Government should be not tied to Ethnicity , it is same as saying some Jobs are for white people , it would be considered very negatively , the same is done in SIndh when Job Access is limited based on Ethnicity

60% of Sindh budget goes to Paying Salaries for PPP party members who are appointed in Government Jobs
The 20% Goes to SIndh development , 10% goes to oversea Banks or Dubai , and 10% is used for Karachi (4% is held back as various excuses)

Last edited:
if the post starts with "I am an ethnic bla bla" then it means there is a load of non-sense coming next

I know he is good person - does social work here and there.

But that doesn't mean he can run for Mayorship....It's a different ball game

Don't want to hurt you or others over things like these but there is something you all need to understand.

Urdu guys won't trespass into other's territory and we would like others to respect ours as well

If others will run for here and then where will we run from/for? Peshawar?

Karachi is dear to us and we speak and breath for her. No other ethnicity can replace our love for Karachi.

This is our only home and others better respect it.

I was not referring to you or doubting your love for Karachi

But Urdu guys should be given priority when it comes to Karachi. It will show Karachiites how much PTI cares for us actually.

There is a reason why PPP has brought forward Murtaza Wahab as administrator.
There is a reason why the entire country has rejected ppp
They have no incentive to perform and they have ruined everything from pia to Islamabad master plan
It would be unwise to tryst a partt that has now based its identity around a single ethnicity

By giving seats to PPPP...u empower PPPP...regardless of if u vote for Billo Rani specifically or not. The next child that starves to death in Sindh...is going to be partially on u šŸ‘

Things change. Lets see where this goes.

Mate just take a step back and look at what you have written, isn't it exactly what Sindhis say about non-sindhis moving into Karachi/Hyderabad or Balochis say about Punjabis/Urdu speakers moving to Balochistan. What you are advocating for is a quota system just like what PPP brought in just reversed.

People need to understand that merit should be the criteria and not ethnicity. If a guy does something good for his city, it directly affects all of us and also the country, irrespective of our bloodlines. Take an example of cricket, when any member of the team plays good and wins a match, its not his ethnicity that wins, or his city or his province, its Pakistan that wins.

Pakistan stands for Punjab, Afghania, Kashmir, Sindh & Balochistan and we all bleed green

You are confusing patriotism with political representation.

Who raised voice for Karachi all the time? even on this forum?

Who sacrificed their lives for Karachi and fought for her since arrival of Bhutto? Urdu walas did it because Karachi is our home

We are extremely sensitive when it comes to Karachi.

We don't have luxury to run from other provinces nor we have homes over there. If you deprive us right in our home, then this is not good.

In sea of ethnicities, don't expect Urdu guys to not safeguard their own political representation when it comes to elections.

Karachi has voted for Imran Khan - That's how he became PM....Time to return the favor and give Karachi back to whom she belongs. Isn't what PTI claims that Karachi has been wronged by PPP?

Funny thing is PTI nominated Amjad Afridi - only due to local dynamics and ethnicity basis to win NA-249 elections.

I will expect from PTI to not play around and fool Karachiites under names of patriotism and will respect Urdu guys political sensitivities for Karachi.

Karachi has no shortage of educated and competent people - No need to look here and there for mayor.

Karachi is literally synonymous with Urdu. And it will remain so.

We are mix of ethnicities here in Pakistan. No one's rights should be usurped under name of patriotism and unity.

No, this is not quota system for Urdu Guys.

I vouch for ethnicity and competence. Doesn't vote for only ethnicity.

Heck I never voted MQM....voted PTI two times but if you expect me to stay silent if PTI deprives us of our political rep in Karachi then you are wrong.

Pashtuns are already in government sectors all over country. Huge political rep out there of them. Urdu guys have only Karachi to come onto screen. PTI better realize that otherwise it will be disastrous for them, in my opinion.

Every nation has voice in political arena so does Urdu walas will have. Urdu guys have more right on Khi than anyone else. We spilled our blood for her.
There is a reason why the entire country has rejected ppp
They have no incentive to perform and they have ruined everything from pia to Islamabad master plan
It would be unwise to tryst a partt that has now based its identity around a single ethnicity

May be the Urdu Folks in PPP can deliver and make a difference?

I would like to see how well MW does...

Fingers crossed. :)

:coffee: No where in world there are multiple Language based segregation for job should be illegal and all jobs should be based on merit , education and ability

"The Idea someone should be given preferential treatment for Jobs based on ethnic language is odd "

Specially for Government Jobs , most countries try to promote education credentials and ability for Government Jobs
Not if you were born in Bilawal's Village or his chairman's village

Or to make a Dehati a chairperson for Sindh Assembly half of time the man was drunk

In western world you never hear some job advertisement stating , you can't apply for job if you are from Western Province or Eastern Province (or state)

Sindh has been doing this since 70's

The economic fall of Sindh Province / Karachi is tied to the PPP roti kapra makan slogan

Should have been

> Handouts Jobs for party favourites and no need to work
> No Transport
> Ghettos

In Pakistani Job Ads it is common to see , Language based preferences
In Pakistani Job Ads you also see "Age based discrimination" while age has nothing to do with performance

Last edited:
You are confusing patriotism with political representation.

Who raised voice for Karachi all the time? even on this forum?

Who sacrificed their lives for Karachi and fought for her since arrival of Bhutto? Urdu walas did it because Karachi is our home

Actually sounds like to me you are confusing racism with political representation.

You are also under-valuing the efforts of ethnic people other than your own. So you don't consider efforts of Alamgir Khan because his ancestors are not from the East. Also on this forum i personally have raised concerns countless times and expressed my disappointment when things go against Karachi, but obviously because i don't have ancestral roots from the country to the East so it means nothing.

As for sacrificing lives, countless policemen, Rangers and Army men have sacrificed thier lives for this city, were they all the same ethnicity that you belong to?

1628226770647.png

Remember these two? one is a Sindhi and the other a Baloch. Your comment above is a big "F*ck You" to their service.

We are extremely sensitive when it comes to Karachi.

We don't have luxury to run from other provinces nor we have homes over there. If you deprive us right in our home, then this is not good.

So you think that people of different background that are born and brought up in Karachi are not sensitive to the plight of Karachi.

As for not having luxury to run to other provinces, this is a self imposed limitation. I personally have friends that are Urdu speakers that now live in Islamabad. I also have one friend that is now in Australia but lived in Rahim Yar Khan for years. My accountant here is also a Urdu speaker from Lahore, he was born in Lahore but his family is from Karachi. Also there are so many Urdu speakers that have actually migrated to Sukkur. This bias is only in your head, reality is quite different.

In sea of ethnicities, don't expect Urdu guys to not safeguard their own political representation when it comes to elections.

Karachi has voted for Imran Khan - That's how he became PM....Time to return the favor and give Karachi back to whom she belongs. Isn't what PTI claims that Karachi has been wronged by PPP?

Funny thing is PTI nominated Amjad Afridi - only due to local dynamics and ethnicity basis to win NA-249 elections.

I will expect from PTI to not play around and fool Karachiites under names of patriotism and will respect Urdu guys political sensitivities for Karachi.

Karachi has no shortage of educated and competent people - No need to look here and there for mayor.

Karachi is literally synonymous with Urdu. And it will remain so.

We are mix of ethnicities here in Pakistan. No one's rights should be usurped under name of patriotism and unity.

Heck I never voted MQM....voted PTI two times but if you expect me to stay silent if PTI deprives us of our political rep in Karachi then you are wrong.

Pashtuns are already in government sectors all over country. Huge political rep out there of them. Urdu guys have only Karachi to come onto screen. PTI better realize that otherwise it will be disastrous for them, in my opinion.

Arif Alvi, is a Urdu speaking President of Pakistan from Karachi.
Imran Ismail is an Urdu speaker governor of Sindh from Karachi.
Minister of Shipping Ali Haider Zaidi is an Urdu speaking Karachitte
Law Minister Farogh Naseem is an Urdu speaking Karachitte

Faisal Vada, Amir Liaqat, Muhammad Najeeb Haroon, Aftab Jehangir, Aftab Hussain Siddique are some of the urdu speaking MNAs of PTI. So i am not sure where you got that PTI is fooling Karachittes.

No, this is not quota system for Urdu Guys.

I vouch for ethnicity and competence. Doesn't vote for only ethnicity.

Every nation has voice in political arena so does Urdu walas will have. Urdu guys have more right on Khi than anyone else. We spilled our blood for her.

Sounds exactly like a quota system that was imposed by PPP on Karachi, where ethnicity comes first in the selection criteria and competence second.

And quota system is in essence official racism.

Anyway hope you enjoy your time in the PPP camp.

Last edited:
Alamgir Khan (Mr Fix_it) is the first name that comes to my mind. As for Mustafa Kamal, if he really wants to do something for Karachi and Sindh then it would be better for him to join PTI. Take example of Shahram khan Tarakai from Swabi. He had his own party and decided to merge it with PTI. Before the merge he just had 1 NA seat and 3 provincial seats. He became the health minister of kpk and did amazing work and people love him for it. Its because of his work and Atif Khan's work that PTI managed to clean sweep KPK.

I am sorry but Alamgir is shoda and is in lines of what Vawda and Aamir Liaquat are, ask his constituency.

Mustafa Kamal i don't think will merge with PTI, he will not go eye to eye with many including IK, by the way before joining PTI Vawda tried his best to join both MQM and PPP, he managed to join PTI because he is best friends with Imran Ismail

Last edited:
Actually sounds like to me you are confusing racism with political representation.

You are also under-valuing the efforts of ethnic people other than your own. So you don't consider efforts of Alamgir Khan because his ancestors are not from the East. Also on this forum i personally have raised concerns countless times and expressed my disappointment when things go against Karachi, but obviously because i don't have ancestral roots from the country to the East so it means nothing.

As for sacrificing lives, countless policemen, Rangers and Army men have sacrificed thier lives for this city, were they all the same ethnicity that you belong to?

View attachment 767741

Remember these two? one is a Sindhi and the other a Baloch. Your comment above is a big "F*ck You" to their service.

So you think that people of different background that are born and brought up in Karachi are not sensitive to the plight of Karachi.

As for not having luxury to run to other provinces, this is a self imposed limitation. I personally have friends that are Urdu speakers that now live in Islamabad. I also have one friend that is now in Australia but lived in Rahim Yar Khan for years. My accountant here is also a Urdu speaker from Lahore, he was born in Lahore but his family is from Karachi. Also there are so many Urdu speakers that have actually migrated to Sukkur. This bias is only in your head, reality is quite different.

Arif Alvi, is a Urdu speaking President of Pakistan from Karachi.
Imran Ismail is an Urdu speaker governor of Sindh from Karachi.
Minister of Shipping Ali Haider Zaidi is an Urdu speaking Karachitte
Law Minister Farogh Naseem is an Urdu speaking Karachitte

Faisal Vada, Amir Liaqat, Muhammad Najeeb Haroon, Aftab Jehangir, Aftab Hussain Siddique are some of the urdu speaking MNAs of PTI. So i am not sure where you got that PTI is fooling Karachittes.

Founds exactly like a quota system that was imposed by PPP on Karachi, where ethnicity comes first in the selection criteria and competence second.

And quota system is in essence official racism.

Anyway hope you enjoy your time in the PPP camp.

Pashtuns have KPK - full fledged province - cities where they can pay mayor mayor all the time.

Punjabis have got one

Sindhis have it

Baloch have it

Now Urdu speakers will mark their territory as well.

End of debate.

What Alamgir Khan has done for Karachi? So, doing social work and putting guttar k dhakan will make him eligible for mayorship?

Do you think we are fools?

Karachi doesn't have shortage of competent people. The mayor should be local Karachiite. Period.

Karachi is a territory where we can show rest of Pakistan how do we work and what we are capable of.

We want our guy to represent us. Not some Mehsud chap

It's only natural. Don't know why are you having hard time comprehending it.

BY the way, If I or my Karachiites were racist - we would have never sent Pashtun PM in Islamabad.

PTI is in power BECAUSE of us. Time to return the favor

Sorry if it offends.

Didn't join PPP camp yet.

I am loyal to my city not with any political party.

Pashtuns have KPK - full fledged province - cities where they can pay mayor mayor all the time.

Punjabis have got one

Sindhis have it

Baloch have it

Now Urdu speakers will mark their territory as well.

End of debate.

What Alamgir Khan has done for Karachi? So, doing social work and putting guttar k dhakan will make him eligible for mayorship?

Do you think we are fools?

Karachi doesn't have shortage of competent people. The mayor should be local Karachiite. Period.

Karachi is a territory where we can show rest of Pakistan how do we work and what we are capable of.

We want our guy to represent us. Not some Mehsud chap

It's only natural. Don't know why are you having hard time comprehending it.

BY the way, If I or my Karachiites were racist - we would have never sent Pashtun PM in Islamabad.

PTI is in power BECAUSE of us. Time to return the favor

Sorry if it offends.

Didn't join PPP camp yet.

I am loyal to my city not with any political party.

Loyal to your city but not to its people unless they are of some Indian ancestry. Anyway good luck with your endeavours and i sincerely wish that you do join PPP, we don't want rasict in PTI.

Loyal to your city but not to its people unless they are of some Indian ancestry. Anyway good luck with your endeavours and i sincerely wish that you do join PPP, we don't want rasict in PTI.

Racists are those who attacked Karachi people under directions of Ayub Khan just because we were supporting Fatima Jinnah....

We know history here a little.

Try to appoint Mehsud Chap over Sindhis and see what happens.

Dude, you need to understand....Nobody is here against anyone. Karachi people are busy people - mind their own work.....

But if someone tries to occupy our political space under guise of anything. We'll protest.

People of Karachi voted PTI to give them their representation back in Karachi not because you appoint some random dude over them with tribal belt background. It will be same like PPP version 2.0

Calling others racists is very easy. Why you guys changed the name of your province - Should have remained NWFP instead of Pakhtunkhuwa....

Do you guys like to flaunt your ethnicity here and there?

I am out.

I am sorry but Alamgir is shoda and is in lines of what Vawda and Aamir Liaquat are, ask his constituency.

Mustafa Kamal i don't think will merge with PTI, he will not go eye to eye with many including IK, by the way before joining PTI Vawda tried his best to join both MQM and PPP, he managed to join PTI because he is best friends with Imran Ismail

Thank you, i wasn't aware of these, except ofcourse amir liaqat

Back
Top Bottom