What's new

Karachi walay and their characteristics

3 weeks before we got karachi in our industrial tour it was my first visit & great GOD after every 30sec I have to pull out a tissue paper & rub my spectacles out of sand moist problem

utter junk this article is , the the most negative potrayal of khi people .. khi is mini pakistan and india , we have every one from the subcontinent to central asia. Mr Baloch should have mingled with people lived here for few years to know wat khi is all about.

total and utter nonsense!! definitely not written by a guy who lives in karachi.

however, the only part i could somewhat agree to was this:

Every minority in Karachi maintains their own culture without adopting others and this has been happening for centuries. This approach also provide security & power and during various ethnic violence, it proved correct & also wrong in the meaning that any individual, belonging from specific minority cannot trespass other areas during the time of ethnic violence. For example, recently during Pakhtoon Mohajir ethnic clash, both Mohajirs & Pakhtoons were targeted in opposite areas. Because of this many areas within Karachi have become as ‘No go areas’. Back in the past, several hundred people were targeted & slaughtered during Muttahida & Haqiqi clash (interestingly both parties are from Urdu speaking), similarly in Lyari, during gang war various areas were divided & controlled by different mafia, where they target & kill opponents, irrespective of the fact that they are from the same race.

karachi was a peace until early 70's all hell broke loose when our army got greedy for the $$'s and intervened in soviet war , further more very stupidily they had open borders no check policy for afghans refugees who come in huge nos in karachi and quetta , and along brought weapons and drugs .. most ironic this is they didnt let any one in punjab.

This sudden influx of refgees resulted in mis balance of city demographics which resultedin a sectarian rioting and murders , few years later this turned into a non-stop ethinic clash btw pukhtoons and urdu speaking.

The same trend was followed when armed forces started waziristan and swat operation the later resulted in mass migration of people to karachi again..

my question to the members is why do the estabilishment do not allow these people in cities in Punjab ?? Why all the pressure on karachi ? no one has so far come with a reasonable explanation..

Now the security situation well in karachi well except the police their is also heavy presence of ranger (supposed to be border security) ..after every kilometer there is a camp with hundreds of soldiers and they have been their since more than a decade .... despite heavy presence of paramiltary forces miscreants and murderere elements come do the job and F off and our **** paramilitary forces and police than show up , its been going on since a few decades ..... i hate this rant of idiots some thing goes wrong blame MQM this is so stupid and naive of people infact its rather them being pu**y and dont have the guts to question law enforcements

my question to the members is why do the estabilishment do not allow these people in cities in Punjab ?? Why all the pressure on karachi ? no one has so far come with a reasonable explanation

This is a legitimate question. People from other parts of Pakistan move to Karachi in large numbers. While some cities and towns only attract people from surrounding rural areas. Lahore Faisalabad, Multan etc. do not have migrants from northern Pakistan nor refugees from Afghanistan. Karachi has became biggest Pakhtun city in the world and there are Pakhtuns in Karachi than in Peshawar or Kabul. The competition for limited jobs, economic opportunities, housing, etc creates tension in the city. The government has not provided enough funds to create infrastructure so that the city can cope with influx of people. The northern areas of Pakistan are sending their excess people to Karachi. One person from Swat bitterly complained to me that he was refused admission into engineering college in Karachi because he did not do intermediate in Karachi. People must also realize that Karachi with 18 million people don't have that many engineering and medical colleges and have to reserve seats for students graduating from its schools.

pathans are also found in cities of punjab! however as for karachi it is a true metropolitan city with punjabis,pashtouns urdu speaking & balochis! infact sindhis should feel they have no presence in the biggest city of their province!

KARACHI IS PAKISTAN so no one should lay claim to it or complain about it karachi since independence has always welcomed new comers with open arms until late 80's when ethnic problems rose due to certain elements!

pathans are also found in cities of punjab! however as for karachi it is a true metropolitan city with punjabis,pashtouns urdu speaking & balochis! infact sindhis should feel they have no presence in the biggest city of their province!

KARACHI IS PAKISTAN so no one should lay claim to it or complain about it karachi since independence has always welcomed new comers with open arms until late 80's when ethnic problems rose due to certain elements!

we are not talking about a group of 10-15 people we are talking in terms of mases as pushtoon population present in karachi or quetta , i also happen to have spent times in lahore or Islamabad never i saw any A pathans , forget the comunities. Please do some search try and find out , you will know ! As for khi it belong to all Pakistanis but if karachi is going to be treated in the unfair manner than the residents have the right to retaliate ...

we are not talking about a group of 10-15 people we are talking in terms of mases as pushtoon population present in karachi or quetta , i also happen to have spent times in lahore or Islamabad never i saw any A pathans , forget the comunities. Please do some search try and find out , you will know ! As for khi it belong to all Pakistanis but if karachi is going to be treated in the unfair manner than the residents have the right to retaliate ...
Think you've been living under the rock.I've spent several years of life in Lahore and it is filled with Pashtuns.The reason Karachi has more Pakhtuns is because Sindh border was actually compeletely opened during Soviet Fake $$ Jihad Era and all the afghans from afghanistan into balochistan into Sindh entered into Karachi.In Punjab you will find Pakistani Pashtuns in high number but not Afghans.

Think you've been living under the rock.I've spent several years of life in Lahore and it is filled with Pashtuns.The reason Karachi has more Pakhtuns is because Sindh border was actually compeletely opened during Soviet Fake $$ Jihad Era and all the afghans from afghanistan into balochistan into Sindh entered into Karachi.In Punjab you will find Pakistani Pashtuns in high number but not Afghans.

you think you live over the rock and still cant read ...dude read again i said we are talking in terms of masses , by the way have you lived in karachi ever ?

so karachi is pakistan and other cities are not??, they cannot welcome new commers??, like lahore reserved for punjabis..

The reason Karachi has more Pakhtuns is because Sindh border was actually compeletely opened during Soviet Fake $$ Jihad Era and all the afghans from afghanistan into balochistan into Sindh entered into Karachi.

This is not true.It is known fact that most afghan refugees were settled in frontier province.Karachi did recieve some afghan refugees but in very small numbers.

This is not true.It is known fact that most afghan refugees were settled in frontier province.Karachi did recieve some afghan refugees but in very small numbers.
.35 million isn't a small number. However, this is a widespread but only verbal statistic, and I won't argue on it with you.

.35 million isn't a small number. However, this is a widespread but only verbal statistic, and I won't argue on it with you.
there are 4 million pushtoons living in karachi..
including afghani in it..
i live in karachi and this is a ******* blog
writer is a liar..

ok from your post i clearly see what your point is and who put these words in your mouth...

but here goes the area bordering NWFP to be specific peshwar is called the area of ATTOCK which is north most area of punjab. here are some facts to enlighten the MQM boys who think only their city is filled with other ethinc groups (ofcourse discarding the sindhis...who according to them should have no claims of karachi)!!

According to the 1998 census of Pakistan the district had a population of 1,274,935 of which 20.45% were urban,[4] The estimated population in 2008 was 1.58 million.

The city also had a significant Muhajir population. In fact, Attock city was dominated by the immigrants from India but gradually their population has dwindled and now they are a minority - mostly living in old quarters of Attock city.

Almost 50% of the population of this city near area chachh are of Pukhtuns/(Pathans) origin, who speak Hindko language. There is also significant villages of predominately Pukhto speaking Pukhtuns in Attock , who have managed to keep their Pukhto language, but are often bilingual in both Hindko and Pukhto. The remaining population consists of Bangash, Sayyeds, Gujjars and other non-Pathan tribes.

as you can see punjab has a very diverse culture to! infact ZIA-UL-HAQ was as you would like to call it a MUHAJIR!!

then we have areas of RAHIM-YAAR-KHAN:

they consist of the following ethnic groups:

1998 census of Pakistan, the total population of Rahim Yar Khan district was 3,141,053 of which 19.16% were urban[2] an intercensal percentage increase of 70.6 since March, 1981 when it was 1,841,451. The average annual growth rate was 3.2 percent during this period.

Arains were settled in the district before partition. After partition a huge population of Arains revirted in the district from East Punjab. [3]Other tribes include Jat, major clans are Cheema and Waraich, Rajputs and Gujjars are also found in the district. The Punjabi speaking Jats and Rajputs came from the adjoining districts of East Punjab. The old settlers are the Joya, Wattoo, Daudpota, Balouch, Syed and Pashtuns.

Siraiki is the predominant language being spoken in the district, representing 72.6 percent of the population, followed by Punjabi and Urdu spoken by 17.3 and 2.9 percent respectively and Sindhi by 2.0 percent while others speak Pushto, Balochi, Bravi, Dari etc.

NOW LET'S MOVE TO BALOCHISTAN:

Balochi represent 54.8% of Balochistan's population while 29,5% of households speak Pashto, making Balochi an Pashtu the two dominant languages in the region. Other languages include Brahui,Sindhi, Punjabiand Saraiki.

now please stop this nonsense that ONLY KARACHI has ethnic groups every province does its just that KARACHI knows (due to certain leader) how to dramatize the situation!

karachi opened its arms invited urdu speaking people to karachi to come and CO-EXIST but they came and started kicking blaochis,punjabis,pashtoun and NOT TO MENTION SINDHIS OUT! :disagree:

karachi is for everyone they day karachi walas realize this they will stop being BAL THACKRAY of INDIA who does drama of MAHRASHTRA in india and mumbai being for only mumbai walas!

hence i always say you want to fix karachi removie altaf hussain make mustafa kamal the leader of MQM and see the true colours of karachi as a symbol of paistan!

Back
Top Bottom