What's new

Karachi Shipyard to build Bollard Pull Tug for Pakistan Navy

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: The keel laying ceremony of a 32 Tons Bollard Pull Tug, being indigenously built for Pakistan Navy, was held at Karachi Shipyard & Engineering Works here Wednesday.
Secretary Defence Lieutenant General Asif Yasin Malik (Retd), who was the chief guest, speaking on the occasion, said that in order to meet the contemporary challenges, growth plan of the Armed Forces has always been the top priority of the Government. “This also encompasses replacement of existing old ships and crafts with new ones for Pakistan Navy.”
“In this regard, our focal point for self-reliance and indigenization is Karachi Shipyard,” he said adding that this approach will not only ensure timely availability of required vessels for Pakistan Navy but also go a long way in consolidating the shipbuilding capability of Karachi Shipyard.
He further said that in today’s commercial world, competition is fierce and only those can survive and flourish who meet the challenges of rapidly changing technologies with quality and commitment. He said that it is satisfying to note that Karachi Shipyard has embarked on the path of progress in line with the modern developments which would Insha Allah lead towards complete self-reliance in the field of shipbuilding.
Earlier in his welcome address Rear Admiral Hassan Nasir Shah, Managing Director Karachi Shipyard, highlighted salient features of the tug under construction. He apprised the audience that the tug has a 34 meter overall length with a displacement of 481 tons. It has a maximum speed of 12 knots and propelled by two diesel engines and two Azimuth thrusters.
The ceremony was attended by large number of senior naval officers and engineers and technicians of Karachi Shipyard.
Karachi Shipyard to build Bollard Pull Tug for Pakistan Navy

So Pakistan ordered tugs from other countries??
BTW good development but where are the engines from? mostly they are supplied by MAN B&W..or MITSUBUSHI

So Pakistan ordered tugs from other countries??
BTW good development but where are the engines from? mostly they are supplied by MAN B&W..or MITSUBUSHI

ordered from other countries? KSEW is building them, have you even read the article?

yes,it uses the GE LM2500,produces about 25 MW..
If your intention is trolling,well we also have Kaveri Marine Gas Turbine (12 MW)

Not trolling just asking just like you guys... as for KMGT which ship uses it?

So you like to brag about stuff thts not even there?

yes..it doesnt even exist

kaveritestbed.jpg

India has also joined the elite club of marine gas turbine designers like USA, Russia, UK and Ukraine.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/12797-indigenous-gas-turbine-engine-indian-navy.html

The engine has been tested to its potential of 12 MW at ISA SL 35°C condition, which is the requirement of the Indian Navy to propel the Rajput class of ships. The engine has also been demonstrated before the prime minister, Dr Manmohan Singh.

-------------------------------------------------

Allright now what about engines used by the Bollard Pull Tugs??

yes..it doesnt even exist

kaveritestbed.jpg

India has also joined the elite club of marine gas turbine designers like USA, Russia, UK and Ukraine.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/12797-indigenous-gas-turbine-engine-indian-navy.html

The engine has been tested to its potential of 12 MW at ISA SL 35°C condition, which is the requirement of the Indian Navy to propel the Rajput class of ships. The engine has also been demonstrated before the prime minister, Dr Manmohan Singh.

Its been 5 years now... its still under development?

Allright now what about engines used by the Bollard Pull Tugs??

I dont know.. maybe some GTEs under license..

ordered from other countries? KSEW is building them, have you even read the article?

haha..i was asking...prior to ur ship building sorry TUG BUILDING facilities did u order them from other countries...grow up bro no one is trying to demean u or ur country...chillax..

Such product developments take time,and also there is no current naval project that requires a 12 MW gas turbine engine

bro plz teach that guy some english and send him some UNNIAPPAMS...damn i miss them..i went to kerela once for 2 weeks had a fun time

how hard are ship engines to build?

trust me its very very hard....

haha..i was asking...prior to ur ship building sorry TUG BUILDING facilities did u order them from other countries...grow up bro no one is trying to demean u or ur country...chillax..

bro plz teach that guy some english and send him some UNNIAPPAMS...damn i miss them..i went to kerela once for 2 weeks had a fun time

trust me its very very hard....

BUt since theyre bigger they require less technology right?

Back
Top Bottom