What's new

Karachi population reduced by 7mn in recent census, claims Kamal

But is this not more speculation at this stage.In the same media there have been reports of people migrating from karachi to cities in punjab,did those people got counted in their new home or where they have their domicile.

Look, I live in this city, my experience is personal and not that of some xyz's cousin's friend's uncle's 2nd brother! The population of Karachi is atleast 3 times of what it was shown in 1998. And there are no surprises there, I mean dozens of Punjabi laborers are shot dead at point blank range in Baluchistan but do they stop going there? Karachi is the largest city of Pakistan and a city where work is always available to every class. The migration to Karachi, especially during Musharraf's era and during military operations against terrorism, has been unprecedented and at an unbelievable rate. The city has not only expanded horizontally but also vertically at a scale which is now literally unfortunate as the city cannot sustain this population with the meager resources that it gets.

Ok if you are from a village in Tando Allah Yaar and you tell census team in Karachi you were already counted in that village which was registered as your permanent address what difference would it make?

So the primary concept of a census and its effects on resource distribution are totally lost on you and yet you want to engage in this endless debate?

People wish to be counted in their permanent address not their temporary address despite them never living there for more than two weeks in the last two decades

Why? Does it make any sense to provide funding for these people in their native areas as opposed to where they live and need to utilize those resources? This way, they essentially are sending their share of the resources back to their native area and pillaging the resources of residents of Karachi......is that fair?

Till you keep voting for backstabbing parties it aint changing as the ruling party and the so called opposition party have no stake in the city they cash in on the suffering

We have only seen backstabbing and self motivation at National and Provincial level, we do not have a choice and hence this is moot point.

With an incompetent party in the center i dont see that happening
The numbers counted are as reported there is an element of inaccuracy here due to procedural and systematic errors

You are living in a fool's paradise if you believe that rigging of this scale can be anything by doctored and very carefully engineered for long term gain and control over resources of the country.

Punjab,s NA seats and budget both are being re-adjusted post census just so you know the problem is more or less Sindh centric :-)

It is being readjusted but at a fraction of the actual figures by which it should be readjusted. This is why everything is carefully planned and doctored.

No it wasn't counted in that way all previous census was done in that manner but not this one and Karachi population is not more than 1.6 crore Janab it never way. And 5 % third party random blocks will only prove the census right Janab

Mate I have to say that some of the most ridiculous posts I have come across on this forum have been from you. There is no basis, no legs and no foundation in your posts but senseless arguments. I recall your posts from the time you were supporting TTP and other Terrorist groups and the extremist agendas of these terror organizations all over the forum. The rhetoric has changed, the quality has not.

So the primary concept of a census and its effects on resource distribution are totally lost on you and yet you want to engage in this endless debate?
There is resource distribution on the national level and the provincial level provinces themselves you tell me what will the province want :angel:
Why? Does it make any sense to provide funding for these people in their native areas as opposed to where they live and need to utilize those resources? This way, they essentially are sending their share of the resources back to their native area and pillaging the resources of residents of Karachi......is that fair?
They may have more property here than in their native villages but they still prefer to keep name of their native places on permanent addresses (incase of Sindhis also to benefit from quotas in unis or offices) and no they are not draining resources of Karachi just as Karachi is not draining resources of Pakistan they have as much right on Karachi as anyone else
They have a right to send legally acquired resources where ever they want inside the country and abroad too if through proper channel
It is being readjusted but at a fraction of the actual figures by which it should be readjusted. This is why everything is carefully planned and doctored.
Not really the population pattern of Balochistan,KPK and Punjab is more or less exactly like the projected figures we all knew population control policies started in Musharaf era were bearing fruits in Punjab as rate had declined a bit compared to other provinces lets hope it works in KPK and Balochistan too

They may have more property here than in their native villages but they still prefer to keep name of their native places on permanent addresses (incase of Sindhis also to benefit from quotas in unis or offices) and no they are not draining resources of Karachi just as Karachi is not draining resources of Pakistan they have as much right on Karachi as anyone else
They have a right to send legally acquired resources where ever they want inside the country and abroad too if through proper channel

Bhai, Khuda ka wasta hai, pehle baat samajh to lo!!

The resources that I am talking about is Government resources allocated to provinces and cities based on population. For example, a city with a population of 3 million needs water to serve 3 million citizens but what will the city do if there are only 1.6 million of its citizens listed as residents in that city? Then water for 1.6 million citizens will have to serve the city of 3 million. So, people who are not registering themselves in this particular city are hogging on the resources of the other residents who did register themselves in this particular city.

The same goes for Gas, Electricity, City budget through which Policing, Roads and other infrastructure etc., is developed.

The resources that I am talking about is Government resources allocated to provinces and cities based on population. For example, a city with a population of 3 million needs water to serve 3 million citizens but what will the city do if there are only 1.6 million of its citizens listed as residents in that city? Then water for 1.6 million citizens will have to serve the city of 3 million. So, people who are not registering themselves in this particular city are hogging on the resources of the other residents who did register themselves in this particular city.
After the 18th amendment provinces decide what cities get so you know Jiye Bhutto :D
Their halfhearted opposition and eventual silence after getting share from corrupt ganjas is the reason why most of Karachi is shit
So, people who are not registering themselves in this particular city are hogging on the resources of the other residents who did register themselves in this particular city.
You tell them to do that they are Karachi-ites i was one a long time ago (lived in the shithole of metroville with charsfarosh Afghanis as neighbours):angel:
The same goes for Gas, Electricity, City budget through which Policing, Roads and other infrastructure etc., is developed.
As long as pp is at the helm forget it just do bhang and say jiye bhutto :D

We need another census but unlike last we need somebody more impartial then Pakistan Army to carry out oversight of the census. I suggest Indian army is invited to carry out the survey.
Post of the day haha

One can cross pak iran border and keep walking towards turkey till they reach Europe

Karachi is a laboratory an experimental place no matter how much it cast no one care THEY keep continuing to do experiments.
BTW there are thousands illegal residents living there from Afghani to Bengali Burmese and yea obviously they are not counted and WE Know their existence. Karachi is a sxit hole made by ninja turtles.

BTW there are thousands illegal residents living there from Afghani to Bengali Burmese and yea obviously they are not counted and WE Know their existence. Karachi is a sxit hole made by ninja turtles.
The nullahs are so polluted if you jump in them you may actually become one :D

Look, I live in this city, my experience is personal and not that of some xyz's cousin's friend's uncle's 2nd brother! The population of Karachi is atleast 3 times of what it was shown in 1998. And there are no surprises there, I mean dozens of Punjabi laborers are shot dead at point blank range in Baluchistan but do they stop going there? Karachi is the largest city of Pakistan and a city where work is always available to every class. The migration to Karachi, especially during Musharraf's era and during military operations against terrorism, has been unprecedented and at an unbelievable rate. The city has not only expanded horizontally but also vertically at a scale which is now literally unfortunate as the city cannot sustain this population with the meager resources that it gets.

We have only seen backstabbing and self motivation at National and Provincial level, we do not have a choice and hence this is moot point.

You are living in a fool's paradise if you believe that rigging of this scale can be anything by doctored and very carefully engineered for long term gain and control over resources of the country.

Mate I have to say that some of the most ridiculous posts I have come across on this forum have been from you. There is no basis, no legs and no foundation in your posts but senseless arguments. I recall your posts from the time you were supporting TTP and other Terrorist groups and the extremist agendas of these terror organizations all over the forum. The rhetoric has changed, the quality has not.

Most ridiculous things is your claim of 5 % growth any sane person will die laughing at your claims so please feel free to believe in big fat lies

Most ridiculous things is your claim of 5 % growth any sane person will die laughing at your claims so please feel free to believe in big fat lies

Once again, for God's sake go back and read my post, I beg you!! I never said 5% growth rate in any of my posts! The 5% that you are referring to is the percentage of random blocks that will be audited by neutral third party auditors!

Once again, for God's sake go back and read my post, I beg you!! I never said 5% growth rate in any of my posts! The 5% that you are referring to is the percentage of random blocks that will be audited by neutral third party auditors!
And I can assure you they won't find any issue with the survey I also used to believe the population lie told by all parties of MQM until I studied the entire system and process and what percentage of growth means. Than I realized How big lies were being told by both MQM and PPP

So, think about it. Would a larger urban representation in Sindh assembly be acceptable to the ruling party of Sindh? And in the larger game, if we conclude that the population of entire Sindh was lowered when population of Karachi was lowered, would elder brother accept a larger share of Sindh in National Assembly.......close to 27%?? This would mean that Punjab loses seats and goes down to 145 seats from 148 while Sindh gains seats thereby jumping to 71 from 61 seats

Brother, I fail to understand how entire sindhs population could have been lowered by design.According to the prelimanary results the growth rate in sindh was 2.41% per year where as in punjab its 2.13%.After delimetation punjab is going to lose 9 seats(7 general and 2 women reserved) to kpk ,balochistan and islamabad.

Once illegals like afghans and double entries in census are removed in the final count than i expect the population to reduce from 207 million.There is confusion in fata and kpk regarding where the internally displaced people got counted,might have got counted twice.

I am sure you have heard of the story of the officer showing off his skills at the firing range to his soldiers. He aims his rifle and lets off the first round which clearly goes way of even the target. He looks at trooper John and says this is how you do it. He then lets of the second round which just about hits the target. He looks at trooper David and says this is how you do it. He then lets of the third round which falls within the target circle. He looks at trooper Matt and says "your good but you still need to improve". Then then lets of the fourth round which hits bullseye and he turns around to the infantry squad with a satisfied grin and says "this is how I do it".

images

In exactly the same way Karachiwallas want to play the game of "firing rounds" until they hit "bullseye" which of course happens to be the one that suits them. It does not work like that in real life. If results are contested because they don't suit your interests then everything is open to being contestable. Every loser will throw a tantrum and start crying "unfair! unfair!". There is always going to be loser so we would be going around in circles.

The facts are the census teams had duel contingency. One component was the civilian enumerators and the other was military ~ who i understand did not just provide protection but carried their own count which was kept separate and records sents to local army headquarters. This was done as a "check" on the civilian counting and to act as balance to local forces that might cause distortions or fraud in the counting. It was a massive exercise by the army with over 200,000 soldiers used.

So those who now did not get the "bullseye" they wanted are coming up with all sort of reasons why the results are flawed. One they are citing is the previous figures and the lower than expected increase. However whose is to know the previous counts were not flawed? If they can charge that this one is flawed I could very well raise doubts about the accuracy of the last one - or did they use Swiss UNO enumerators the last time?

The other reasons cited are just subjective "I don't think so". If we can rely on their gut feeling then why do we have these costly census for? Why not just ask each city or region to self declare their own "I think so". Or better why not just ask each politicial party "what they think so"?

My feeling is some vested interests in Karachi have had their false "count" from the past exposed and now with their reduced influence and army involement the truth has come out. And they are looking to lose their share in political slice of the pie and your getting this moaning.

These claims of census being unfair is a slap in the face of the army and Gen. Bajwa because indirectly they are questioning the army census teams as being involved in a scam. As I already have said the army not only provided security but did it's own count as a "check" on the civilian count.

Finally even if another count is made and this time like the story of the officer it hits "bullseye" how do we know others then will question the credibility of the new count? They could also cite many reasons and start complaining? That is why unless we want to go forever in circles we must bite the bullet and accept the umpires verdict.

Unless people want a more impartial umpire then the Pakistan Army. Maybe Indian Army might be more suitable.

And I can assure you they won't find any issue with the survey I also used to believe the population lie told by all parties of MQM until I studied the entire system and process and what percentage of growth means. Than I realized How big lies were being told by both MQM and PPP
Me and Zarvan are on the same page on this one. Miracle !

Last edited:

Karachiwalas count people on their finger tips as they go around, they even know how many are living in any street without ever going there. Don't question their method or logic behind it. They will tell you whole punjab have moved to Karachi but being counted in punjab. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom