What's new

Karachi beat all the other cities of Pakistan in Tax Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude you should like the post. It seems you are jealous. Come on Lahore is my city too. Please take a sip of water bro. And click the like button please. I will appreciate your effort. Its a thread for tax collection not for tax filers. Karachiites are also Pakistani so chill and enjoy the thread.
I'm not jealous. I'm happy if Karachi prospers. I just have a issue with Karachi vs Pakistan... Just like all of my other replies I have stated time and time again that it is Karachi for Pakistan and not Karachi vs Pakistan.

Filers and tax collection go hand in hand. I two logical reasons to why Karachi collects the most tax; number 1 is Karachi's population and number 2 is because it is a port city.

Jaha tak like button ki baat hai, yeh lo... Like app ka hua lol.

Of Pakistan’s top 50 taxpayers, 33 are from Karachi

22 Feb 2019

Karachi accounts for two-thirds of the top 50 taxpayers in the country.

The Federal Board of Revenue has compiled a list of the people who paid the highest tax on their incomes during 2017-18. Two-thirds of the FBR’s top 50 taxpayers’ list, 33 to be precise, are from Karachi, including the top three.

In the same year, six people from Lahore, three from Gujranwala and two from Islamabad were also among the top 50 taxpayers.

for more to read, click below

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/02/of-pakistans-top-50-taxpayers-33-are-from-karachi/

This is the third God damn thread I have seen from you this evening where you are either whining or boasting about Karachi being treated unfairly or how Karachi is better than the rest of Pakistan.

What is your goal? You trying to make Karachistan? Because you sure as hell dont give a rats @$$ about the rest of us.

I'm not jealous. I'm happy if Karachi prospers. I just have a issue with Karachi vs Pakistan... Just like all of my other replies I have stated time and time again that it is Karachi for Pakistan and not Karachi vs Pakistan.

Filers and tax collection go hand in hand. I two logical reasons to why Karachi collects the most tax; number 1 is Karachi's population and number 2 is because it is a port city.

Jaha tak like button ki baat hai, yeh lo... Like app ka hua lol.

Every where in the world every city/state compares its contribution versus the rest of the country, there is nothing wrong in that as long as its to bring a sense of competition among the cities/states and a sense of honour and pride for the top city. But if the intention behind the city/state vs the country are sinister then that needs to be nipped in the bud.

Traitors and Bastards are also son of a soil.

unfortunately yes.

Bloody Indians.. send these non-sons of the soil back.. Pakistan doesn’t need their taxes @pak-marine @Syed1. @Cliftonite
We should not expect comment like this from senior staff?
Can you explain please what you mean by this comment?
And please break down in the list the amount of the tax every ethnicity gave?
Because one thing i know karachi is a multi ethnic city.

Simple.

If you move Industries and Institutions from Karachi to ISB/Lahore then ISB/Lahore will pay more taxes. :-)

It is the people of Pakistan who made Karachi what it is. Karachi did not make these people.

It is high time that we develop other cities immediately to correct this imbalance.
It has already started.
- After CPEC slow and steady all the business activities are moving to the north of Pakistan.
- PIA has almost moved its offices to Islamabad.
- Naval head quarters is already jn ISB
- As everything is going online soon SBP and head offices of all other commercial banks will also move to ISB
KCCI President supports shifting of FPCCI to Islamabad
By
News Desk
-
Thursday, July 16, 2020 4:58 pm
KARACHI: President Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) Agha Shahab Ahmed Khan has said that as Federation of Chambers of Commerce in all the countries including India and Turkey are based in their capital cities hence, it is better to shift Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) to Islamabad.

“All the Executive Committee and General Body Members must give go ahead to shifting the head office from Karachi to Islamabad in FPCCI’s forthcoming General Body Meeting on 5th August 2020,” Agha Shahab Ahmed Khan maintained.

He pointed out that Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) was based in the capital of city of New Delhi whereas Mumbai, being the port city, remained the hub of commercial and industrial activities.

Similarly, the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey, a confederation of all local chambers of commerce, industry and maritime as well as commodity exchanges, is also based in Ankara, the capital city of Turkey while Istanbul is well-known for its bustling trade and economic activities.

“Keeping in view the examples of above cited countries, I can confidently claim that the ruling group at FPCCI has undoubtedly taken the wise decision to move FPCCI Head Office from Karachi to Islamabad which the Businessmen Group (BMG) and KCCI fully support”, Agha Shahab said.

He urged all BMGIANs and its supporters, who are either members of FPCCI’s Executive Committee or its General Body, to fully endorse this initiative at the next General Body Meeting so that this important institution could successfully be shifted to the federal capital which will definitely prove beneficial for the entire business & industrial community.

President KCCI stated that it was a very wise decision as Islamabad is the Federal Capital of the country and all the departments falling under the purview of the federal government are based in Islamabad therefore, it is very critical that FPCCI’s Head Office must also be based in Islamabad so that it could be in a much better position to efficiently advocate the issues being faced by business & industrial community and instantly get them resolved.

Relocation of FPCCI’s Head Office in Islamabad would also prove economically viable for the institution as it will drastically cut down the travelling and lodging expenses, he added.

He was of the opinion that FPCCI’s presence in Islamabad would surely make it a vibrant institution by enabling it to always stay in touch with the federal government and all its departments including Prime Minister’s Office, President’s Office, Offices of all the Ministries such as the Finance & Revenue, Commerce & Textiles, Industry & Production, Energy etc. as well which is in the larger interest of the country as it would help in getting numerous issues instantly resolved.

Agha Shahab was of the opinion that FPCCI is the apex body of Pakistan and its prime responsibility is to have strong linkages with the federal government so that economic policies could be extensively discussed after taking inputs and suggestions from all the Chambers and Associations, who are FPCCI’s members.

Agha Shahab Ahmed maintained: “We have been demanding since long that FPCCI has to be moved from Karachi to Islamabad as it is not FPCCI’s job to hold meetings with police officers and collectors in Karachi. It is principally incorrect that instead of focusing on national policies, FPCCI stays engaged in local issues and they have also been issuing visa recommendation letters which is wrong as no individual business/industry is a member of FPCCI.

“It is heartening to see that the ruling group at FPCCI has identified this serious flaw in FPCCI’s functioning and has taken the bold initiative to move the head office from Karachi to Islamabad which BMG and KCCI warmly welcome and appreciate.

“All Chambers and All Pakistan Associations are the members of FPCCI while no industry, individual business, town association or industrial association are FPCCI members yet they have been entertaining such institutions which is wrong.”

President KCCI requested all BMGIANs to fully support this initiative at the next General Body Meeting on 5th August so that FPCCI could be moved to Islamabad.

Newspakistan.tv | YouTube Channel

We should not expect comment like this from senior staff?
Can you explain please what you mean by this comment?
And please break down in the list the amount of the tax every ethnicity gave?
Because one thing i know karachi is a multi ethnic city.
I think FBR should include that comment because then it would really seal the case.

It has already started.
- After CPEC slow and steady all the business activities are moving to the north of Pakistan.
- PIA has almost moved its offices to Islamabad.
- Naval head quarters is already jn ISB
- As everything is going online soon SBP and head offices of all other commercial banks will also move to ISB
KCCI President supports shifting of FPCCI to Islamabad
By
News Desk
-
Thursday, July 16, 2020 4:58 pm
KARACHI: President Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI) Agha Shahab Ahmed Khan has said that as Federation of Chambers of Commerce in all the countries including India and Turkey are based in their capital cities hence, it is better to shift Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FPCCI) to Islamabad.

“All the Executive Committee and General Body Members must give go ahead to shifting the head office from Karachi to Islamabad in FPCCI’s forthcoming General Body Meeting on 5th August 2020,” Agha Shahab Ahmed Khan maintained.

He pointed out that Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) was based in the capital of city of New Delhi whereas Mumbai, being the port city, remained the hub of commercial and industrial activities.

Similarly, the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey, a confederation of all local chambers of commerce, industry and maritime as well as commodity exchanges, is also based in Ankara, the capital city of Turkey while Istanbul is well-known for its bustling trade and economic activities.

“Keeping in view the examples of above cited countries, I can confidently claim that the ruling group at FPCCI has undoubtedly taken the wise decision to move FPCCI Head Office from Karachi to Islamabad which the Businessmen Group (BMG) and KCCI fully support”, Agha Shahab said.

He urged all BMGIANs and its supporters, who are either members of FPCCI’s Executive Committee or its General Body, to fully endorse this initiative at the next General Body Meeting so that this important institution could successfully be shifted to the federal capital which will definitely prove beneficial for the entire business & industrial community.

President KCCI stated that it was a very wise decision as Islamabad is the Federal Capital of the country and all the departments falling under the purview of the federal government are based in Islamabad therefore, it is very critical that FPCCI’s Head Office must also be based in Islamabad so that it could be in a much better position to efficiently advocate the issues being faced by business & industrial community and instantly get them resolved.

Relocation of FPCCI’s Head Office in Islamabad would also prove economically viable for the institution as it will drastically cut down the travelling and lodging expenses, he added.

He was of the opinion that FPCCI’s presence in Islamabad would surely make it a vibrant institution by enabling it to always stay in touch with the federal government and all its departments including Prime Minister’s Office, President’s Office, Offices of all the Ministries such as the Finance & Revenue, Commerce & Textiles, Industry & Production, Energy etc. as well which is in the larger interest of the country as it would help in getting numerous issues instantly resolved.

Agha Shahab was of the opinion that FPCCI is the apex body of Pakistan and its prime responsibility is to have strong linkages with the federal government so that economic policies could be extensively discussed after taking inputs and suggestions from all the Chambers and Associations, who are FPCCI’s members.

Agha Shahab Ahmed maintained: “We have been demanding since long that FPCCI has to be moved from Karachi to Islamabad as it is not FPCCI’s job to hold meetings with police officers and collectors in Karachi. It is principally incorrect that instead of focusing on national policies, FPCCI stays engaged in local issues and they have also been issuing visa recommendation letters which is wrong as no individual business/industry is a member of FPCCI.

“It is heartening to see that the ruling group at FPCCI has identified this serious flaw in FPCCI’s functioning and has taken the bold initiative to move the head office from Karachi to Islamabad which BMG and KCCI warmly welcome and appreciate.

“All Chambers and All Pakistan Associations are the members of FPCCI while no industry, individual business, town association or industrial association are FPCCI members yet they have been entertaining such institutions which is wrong.”

President KCCI requested all BMGIANs to fully support this initiative at the next General Body Meeting on 5th August so that FPCCI could be moved to Islamabad.

Newspakistan.tv | YouTube Channel

In principle, it is the correct move - but only if the principle is adhered to.

With Pakistani history - it is not adhered to.

Karachi is such a giant metropolitan that it has its economy and has the ability of no dependency on central. It just requires good governance and an honest leader, the city and people have worth. Karachi and its people are inside of Pakistan and play an essential role as the backbone of Pakistan. Few Militant mindset people hijacking Karachi's power does not mean it is full of Indian terrorists Land. Still, our security agencies are getting the city back to a healthy environment to attract more business, and we see the result in tax-paying, which means people love Pakistan. Adapt to the growing leadership demands of Karachi's influx. The city needs a firm grasp of the fundamentals of urban governance.

1) We need a new set of powers that the city and its governments enjoy

2) The different ways these new powers affect the design, financing, and delivery of urban redevelopment projects

3) We need to strengthen our institutional arrangements that emerge to large-scale sustainable growth and finance modern infrastructure.

Just blaming each other is not solving the Pakistan issue but creating more differences among us, and we had already learned one example in 1971. chill out, whole Pakistan is ours.our culture is very diverse Regardless of that, we are helpful, friendly, approachable, and humble.please apply the same nature here in this thread and spread love & peace to other nations.

Last edited:
But .... but...Fata and Balochistan wants motorways to every village, free electricity and free gas ... without paying any taxes.
It all depends on context - I remember a TV crew interviewing a lady from AJK after the earthquake next to her stone house where it was living in an aircon tent, having gatorade and meals.. and she kept saying it was terrible and nothing had been done.

Of Pakistan’s top 50 taxpayers, 33 are from Karachi

22 Feb 2019

Karachi accounts for two-thirds of the top 50 taxpayers in the country.

The Federal Board of Revenue has compiled a list of the people who paid the highest tax on their incomes during 2017-18. Two-thirds of the FBR’s top 50 taxpayers’ list, 33 to be precise, are from Karachi, including the top three.

In the same year, six people from Lahore, three from Gujranwala and two from Islamabad were also among the top 50 taxpayers.

for more to read, click below

https://www.samaa.tv/news/2019/02/of-pakistans-top-50-taxpayers-33-are-from-karachi/
coll
22 Feb 2019
Old news

The Federal Board of Revenue has compiled a list of the people who paid the highest tax on their incomes during 2017-18.--------Old news

@PaklovesTurkiye

I told you in other thread too. There is no need for such threads. No matter what karachiites or muhajirs do Karachi would still get treated like sh!t. Both from Federal and provincial governments or even establishment.

There is no point of such threads except showing desperation. Keep doing your part for the country and leave everything else on the God almighty. Allah malik hai. There is no need to prove or show your services for this country again and again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom