What's new

Kabul this evening

My only concern is if Taliban somehow happen to form a " Islamic " Govt, and it worked out for them many in Pakistan will come out to demand the same, and we know there is no limit for people when they claim to fight for Islam or Allah, from kids to women, from markets to schools all become valid targets. Now Its up to Pakistan how they manage their affairs, while AT consolidate their power and settle down we need to attack TTP and their likes, along with every facilitator inside Pakistan, some prominent Mullah's and loud voices needs to be put behind bars, I have less hope from the current Leadership of Pakistan especially of Military, but many of the people you see rejoicing are happy because they are hoping that the Afghanistan will not be used against Pakistan by India and NDS.

Query-
Quite confused, the entire forum seems is cheerleading for Taliban, @Irfan Baloch seems to suggest this as a negative development. The other senior Mods celebrating, Are Pakistanis in support of the Taliban , is the view divided, or are Pakistanis in general anti-taliban?

It's not that the Pakistani are pro talibs... It's more a case of the Kabul Government was Anti-Pakistan and funding terrorism in Pakistan.

My only concern is if Taliban somehow happen to form a " Islamic " Govt, and it worked out for them many in Pakistan will come out to demand the same, and we know there is no limit for people when they claim to fight for Islam or Allah, from kids to women, from markets to schools all become valid targets. Now Its up to Pakistan how they manage their affairs, while AT consolidate their power and settle down we need to attack TTP and their likes, along with every facilitator inside Pakistan, some prominent Mullah's and loud voices needs to be put behind bars, I have less hope from the current Leadership of Pakistan especially of Military, but many of the people you see rejoicing are happy because they are hoping that the Afghanistan will not be used against Pakistan by India and NDS.
No Chance, Pakistan's resilience is unparalleled.

(edit also for the mod with the itchy finger, look up the meaning of the post before handing out a ban)

No Chance, Pakistan's resilience is unparalleled.

(edit also for the mod with the itchy finger, look up the meaning of the post before handing out a ban)

No Chance for what? :what:

No Chance for what? :what:
For anyone to demand anything in Pakistan contrary to its current setup. especially a talibaniesq setup. You might see some morons here cheering for taliban in afghanistan, same people do not want that in their own nick of woods.

For anyone to demand anything in Pakistan contrary to its current setup. especially a talibaniesq setup. You might see some morons here cheering for taliban in afghanistan, same people do not want that in their own nick of woods.

Well that is my only concern, we have loud voices that will become louder as they see Taliban ruling in Afghanistan, of course they will not turn Kabul into a Madina but many in Pakistan won't care, as they are the believers of a distorted version of Islam and not the Actual Islam itself. As I said before Pakistani's are most rejoicing because they believe that Pakistan can now influence Taliban to get rid of TTP/BLA/ISIS which have full support from Afghan Govt and India, Pakistan face brutal terrorists attacks in past decades and all thanks to ANA and India operating from Afghanistan using TTP and BLA.

As I said before Pakistani's are most rejoicing because they believe that Pakistan can now influence Taliban to get rid of TTP/BLA/ISIS which have full support from Afghan Govt and India, Pakistan face brutal terrorists attacks in past decades and all thanks to ANA and India operating from Afghanistan using TTP and BLA.
Thats a win win for Pakistan then 👍
( but in your own time, outside this forum, spare a thought of what will happen to Afghans under taliban.)
Where is the Afghan Cricket team btw?

Query-
Quite confused, the entire forum seems is cheerleading for Taliban, @Irfan Baloch seems to suggest this as a negative development. The other senior Mods celebrating, Are Pakistanis in support of the Taliban , is the view divided, or are Pakistanis in general anti-taliban?
let me clarify.
no one in Pakistan is shedding any tears for a very foul mouth and hostile Afghan regime that was against Pakistan in words and actions.
this oppressive regime made up of warlords and druglord thugs persecuted Afghan Pashtons specially and looted Afghan people generally.

our prime minister and foreign office has many times clarified that Pakistan is against forced capture of Kabul and insisted on negotiating. Also Imran cautioned against the likely encouragement of Pakistani religious militants due to Afghan taliban military victory. so Pakistani stance is clear.

the celebrations are more about seeing the demise of an arrogant cheating thieving regime that fooled the world and fleeced Americans in the name of its hatred for Pakistan and Taliban.
see the results now how its leadership deserted its followers and boarded planes with suitcases carrying wealth and what not.

savvy?

It’s a mix of education and class divide - I am on the same page as @Irfan Baloch in fears that the same extremists which were quelled after much difficulty since the 2014 massacre of children will rise again and spread like wildfire in Pakistan. However, this is seen as general victory against India more so than America. Keep in mind, America isn’t the actual angst here for most Pakistanis as they will continue to line up and turn bottoms out for green cards even as the post away on “victory” in Afghanistan. 5 years of coddling at local levels, F-16Vs, Cobra’s and MRAPs will change those attitudes - but any hopes for peace and reconciliation between India and Pakistan are over. That hatred and anger is reflected by pretty much the same social/religious/educated class shades on both sides.

Please take a moment to climb down from your high horse. Plenty of people who celebrate Taliban victory are wealthy and highly educated.

We are simply mentally free enough not to filter all our thoughts through the prisms enforced on us by the West. Our green cards are purely a matter of ecenomic opportunity.

If the "true" educated elite of Pakistan were able to organise a pissup in a brewery we wouldn't be scouring the earth looking for economic opportunities.

It’s a mix of education and class divide - I am on the same page as @Irfan Baloch in fears that the same extremists which were quelled after much difficulty since the 2014 massacre of children will rise again and spread like wildfire in Pakistan. However, this is seen as general victory against India more so than America. Keep in mind, America isn’t the actual angst here for most Pakistanis as they will continue to line up and turn bottoms out for green cards even as the post away on “victory” in Afghanistan. 5 years of coddling at local levels, F-16Vs, Cobra’s and MRAPs will change those attitudes - but any hopes for peace and reconciliation between India and Pakistan are over. That hatred and anger is reflected by pretty much the same social/religious/educated class shades on both sides.
that is so true.
the celebration is to see a very hostile regime falling on its face that broke all previous records of accommodating India to set up operations against Pakistan the very day Americans installed this puppet regime of foul mouth thieves.
BLA, TTP and PTM wont see such keen and overt support from the new rulers of Kabul like the last regime.
so yea some celebration is in order that with a word of caution to watch out for all those who wish to use this chaos to their advantage and try to copycat this in Pakistan.

Thats a win win for Pakistan then 👍
( but in your own time, outside this forum, spare a thought of what will happen to Afghans under taliban.)
Where is the Afghan Cricket team btw?

It is indeed, but time will tell...That is why i am not celebrating AT victory just yet.
Well, honestly I have no say in what Taliban will do to Afghans specially the NA supporters, So far we don't see mass killing or heard any news of Talibans busting in houses to take women as sex slaves, As for Sports I don't think Taliban will have any issue with sports as they claim to have reformed themselves a lot from what they were in 90's, again only time will tell what and how things fold in Afghanistan, but one thing for sure is that Majority of Afghans support Taliban rule that is why Taliban face no resistance in their conquest, yes there are and will always be those who will remain against the Taliban but that is how things work in anywhere in the world, and countries should ruled by the system which majority of its people wants, there are thousands of people in US who wants communism but that does not mean America will give up to Communism.

Yes, we have seen some helicopters flying in areas under Taliban rule and they have allowed commercial flights to operate and technically these could be confiscated by the Talibans.... the operators could have easily flown them across the border instead of taking risks.....we know what will happen to those scan Eagle drones that were left behind.
we must ask taliban not to trash them.
we can offer good price

Back
Top Bottom